APC Forum

Occasional depression thread

Pretty green flame

Well. you know; I kinda live in France and my only English speaking source is: The Forum, My English class, and my parent's...

My favorite drink is whiskey. After 1 extremely bad night combined with the stomach flu, I think my body may now reject whiskey. I didn't have that much of it last night (crown royal too) and I feel like fucking shit. I think I will now go drink some water and die on the couch for several hours.

Oh man, Johnny Walker Red Label.

Never again, I managed 15 shots and a 3 Bundaberg Shots. Then to top it off i stupidly had a single shot of Absinthe.

I had to be carried home in a shopping trolley.

Winter has come in screaming for vengeance. A couple inches of snow yesterday. And today, including the windchill it's -30C (approx. -20F for Yanks) Starting to notice some nasty cold drafts in my (old) house I bought this summer. :angry:

You must be up in Canada, Bonny?

Here in Minnesota we had an abrupt change. 50 degrees F on Sunday. But only 5 degrees F this morning. Brrr... if it were January I wouldnt complain but it's still November. :D

M

You must be up in Canada, Bonny?

Here in Minnesota we had an abrupt change. 50 degrees F on Sunday. But only 5 degrees F this morning. Brrr... if it were January I wouldnt complain but it's still November. :D

M

You got it. On the prairies. Have quite the weather extremes here...up to +35C (95F) in summer and -40C (-40F) in winter (usually January)not counting windchill and humidex...

I don't (or won't) do much pyro in the winter, kinda cold in the garage. Mainly be working on tools and making lots of 3" hemis. I might try and build a corning machine similar to the passfire design, hopefully running off my ball mill.

After 5 months of pyrotechnics in my backyard, I finally got my first complaint from a neighbor. In fact, the neighbor told me that two other houses had complained to her, so now my hobby has come to a temporary halt. I'm really pissed off, especially because I had a nice 1/2" Mg/Chrysanthemum 6 Reporting Fountain made for tonight.

God dammit!

I got a fucking GRAY HAIR!!!!

GOD DAMNIT!!

And at the age of 18!!!!!!

Son of a bit**!!!!

It's fine. Just be happy you're not balding already. My folicular future looks bleak. I'm fine for the time being, but I have a feeling within 3-4 years, I will not be able to say that.

I got  HAIR!!!!

Edited, to reflect an optimistic outlook.......PGF, it's always worse to be someone else. "I lamented that I had no shoes, then I saw a man...with a sucking chest wound...." O.K., maybe I got the quote wrong, but you get the idea.

hmm lets see.... i was riding my bike and i fell off... not so bad right to bad in that fall i broke both my arms messed up my braces and got a concussion

hmm lets see.... i was riding my bike and i fell off... not so bad right to bad in that fall i broke both my arms messed up my braces and got a concussion

Ouch, I'm still recovering from chest reconstructive surgery, which is fun.

They broke freaking 8 ribs and broke my sternum to lift it up.

Only good thing is i get as much codiene as i want, so i don't feel the pain everytime i move. Its been a while since the operation and I'm all good now i guess.

Broken bones suck.

• 3 weeks later...
Codiene fucking rules! Just thought I'd put that out there.... *goes back to rolling smokes*

I suffered a electric shock today, not good :(

I use a ATX computer power supply with no cover and I reacher around to turn it on and I touched the active and felt a familiar pulsing through my arms. Not the first and I daresay it wont be the last.

Driving home last night was like being in the center of a continuous D1 burst. White-outs are a bitch! What is normally a half hour cruise took 3 hours. Made me wish I had 2 eyes to watch what little there was of the road :lol:

Any other of you cats deal with this midwest MoFo of a storm?

Zoinks! Look at the time! Merry Christmas.

Yeah, Ho Ho Ho, I dealt with some of the snow here in the Twin Cities of MN! But not nearly as bad as others East of us got it, though.

We've had more snow just to this point of the 2007-2008 season, than in ALL of 2006-2007. It's been an eye-opener, no pun intended. ;)

I had to drive in it, too, but fortunately my trip was very short, so it taking twice the usual time meant 20 minutes instead of 10, and not 3 hours. Yeeesh! Where are you, Charlie? Sounds like you got in the thick of it.

M

Shit, I'm sick... :angry: I threw up during the night, and I'm bloody cold, I really hope that I will be better for NYE...

Sorry Sidewinder... too busy polishing my cannon to reply promptly.

I'm in West Michigan, along the shoreline. We had recorded wind gusts of over 80 mph. Yippee!

Throw a vast amount of snow into that and it becomes almost hypnotic. So much so that I almost rear-ended a State Police car; and this being blind, stinking sober.

Lake Effect Snow.... whee. Not!

You know all about snow, lol.... :D

Well, time to go clear out the mouth of the driveway. The city plows just came through. Later.

M

And this is why I hate the Holidays....Volume 2,641

My daughter came up to visit for a couple of days around Christmas. We decided to go down to see my mom, which is a two hour trip, tops. We got up this morning, packed the presents in the Jeep, and headed down to see her. it's a great time, smiles all around, heartfelt presents, hugs, good food. Ah.... Christmas happiness. UNTIL it was time to leave. I told everyone that we needed to leave by no later than 2:00 P.M. to miss traffic, and the ice storm/ snow storm that was coming. We eat, we're getting ready to pack up, and mom says "lets's have dessert." I point out the time and mom says "I baked a pie." I point out the ice starting to cling to the pine trees outside and mom says "Who wants ice cream with their pie." You can't say no to mom, Screwed!

We left at 2:30 and drove for about 10 miles before the ice started to really stick to the windshield. At an elapsed speed of 25 MPH on the interstate I decided to bail-out and head for the back roads, where if traffic came to a stop I at least had options. We soldiered on for another 30 miles and the ice turned to snow. long story short, 110 miles in 3-1/2 hours. Merry X-mas. Anyway, mom was glad to see us. it would have been better if I could have only seen her until 2:00 and been home by 4:00, but what the hell. Proof again that no good deed goes unpunished.

hst,

You forgot the most important part of your tale...So how was the pie? :lol: Don't keep us in suspense! I've had a pie or three that might have been worth a 3hr. drive in an ice storm.

The pie was apple, the crust was light and flaky, the ice cream topping was chocolate chip, and the drive was hell. Mom was happy, so overall, it was great. She doesn't ask for much, so a couple of hours to make her holiday happy was worth it . I'm such a good son...for a pyro....gun-nut....self-centered...bitter...self-pitying... smart-ass...loner....drunk...with a sense of humor. A warped, bitter sense of humor.

Fired off my "Christmas wheel" last night...what a piece of shit. The colours (green and red) looked OK with lots of nice Ti sparks and all 4 stages worked, but it didn't spin, just sat there like a fountain spraying to the sides. :angry: Not sure if I tightened the nut too much or if the cold had something to do with wood not spinning on the bolt.

:( well my parents where talking to a friend of theirs who is a judge or a lawyer or criminal consultant i dont know. anyway they told her i was into pyrotechnics and she was concerned she told my parents that either they or i could get sent to jail for 3+ years and they would have there licenses revoked and would be able to work at their chosen job. i would be sent to a foster home and either they or i would be convicted felons effectively ending my education/future.

long story short they are shutting me down effectively no pyro. my dad was talking about being willing to get me int other hobbies like scuba diving or target shooting.

they would be willing to let me pursue other sorts of chemistry/science excluding anything having to do with illegal or explosive ,materials.

they have a friend who's friend is a pyrotechnician for Fox studios they said something about hooking me up and seeing if there was any legal way i could pursue my hobbies and interests.

i have no idea whats gonna happen. this really sucks and im sorry i will still be around this forum trying to give advice and share ideas and opinoions but i wont have any comps or devices to share or light :(

it looks like i wont be doing much pyro except maybe for a school scvience project or until im 21 and can get a licence..