APC Forum

Occasional depression thread

Pretty green flame

Grrrrrr.....ordered materials for 3" comet tooling on the 9th and just found out that they got around to shipping it today. So much for getting it this week (before I leave town for work for 1-2 more weeks)http://i10.tinypic.com/6437jw4.gif

Don't be, you can find pretty much everything, they sell, somewhere else and at a cheaper price.

• 4 weeks later...

I miss the good old days when i would make a couple of simple rockets with small headers and be extremely happy when they worked, those times are now over and somehow i feel that i've taken this hobby a little too seriously, whenever something works i get very frustrated because one star burned for 1 mili second too long :rolleyes: , 2 years back i'd be happy if a rocket took off, now i'm such a damn perfectionist.

I think i'm going to go back 2 years and make some simple stuff which used to make me happy and I hope it will have the same effect now.

Short clips of my memories from 26.12.2005, this was also one day after o got my digi camera and as you can see the footage is among the best quality that I have in my collection (the best among my ofcourse), that day i had no idea how to use the camera so i just let everything on Auto and let my dad do the filming, it came out pretty good :lol:

Shitty youtube, they won't upload the movie :angry:

Cheers

The video isn't ready yet. I'll check it again in a little bit. I can see if you spent many hours on one project and they didn't work exactly as planned, but if you just put together a quicky show and nothing cato'd or dudded out on you I think it should be considered a success. I fortunatley have yet to overdo everything to the point of constant disappointment. I do fear that will happen one day. Especially after a whole batch of rockets cato, one after the other.

For me, since I'm pretty new, I still am amazed by a little pile of BP I made lights. I even enjoy sparklers still and hope that these little things can always bring me joy

argh *sob* i am banned from lighting ANYTHING on fire for one whole month this is less than a month before the fourth of july. i will be granted special dispensation on the fourth depending on my behavior (thank god) and i am still allowed to MAKE things but i cant light or set anything off :( i suppose some parents start worried and get more accepting but not mine mine got worried stayed worried and never let me light anything without strict supervison but they have let me get bigger. so when i was caught lighting things on fire without my dad right there for the 5th time i was BANNED. *sigh* i guess i will just have to tough it out hope you guys are faring better. the only thing keeping me going is that i am alowed to construct my aerial shells and rockets to keep me occupied. oh well at least i should have a stockpile since i wont be allowed to blow it all every weekend like usual.

How old are you?

I'm depressed because i have had so much work that i havn't been able to do much prep for pyro. I need to empty the ball mill of airfloat... then crush around 2lbs of charcoal and mill it... then make alot of stars...

Plus my meal coated rice crispys got pretty clumped together in places when i made them... so im thinking that in a shell the clump will burn almost like a star... not what i want... grrr... might have to make some more too...

AHHHH!!! NO TIME!!!!

AAAAAHHHHHH :angry: OH MY GOODNESS

You know how I was happy about getting my new ball mill well I have only run it for about week (not at one time) and so I left (the warning lable said that I could leave it running for about a week straight) for two days and guess what. The stupid belt broke!!!! So now I have to call the company to see if the warrenty covers it. And if not I gonna suck b/c I don't want to spent my hard earned money to but something that I just bought agian. And I'm saving up for a rocket tooling kit.

AAAAAHHHHHH :angry: OH MY GOODNESS

You know how I was happy about getting my new ball mill well I have only run it for about week (not at one time) and so I left (the warning lable said that I could leave it running for about a week straight) for two days and guess what. The stupid belt broke!!!! So now I have to call the company to see if the warrenty covers it. And if not I gonna suck b/c I don't want to spent my hard earned money to but something that I just bought agian. And I'm saving up for a rocket tooling kit.

Ouch ! I hate to say, that's a pretty common condition with a 'rock tumbler' type mill. How much did it cost you ? For well under $100 you can build your own bullet-proof mill.

You can buy replacement belts pretty cheap too. Not a bad idea to have a couple on hand.

Ouch ! I hate to say, that's a pretty common condition with a 'rock tumbler' type mill. How much did it cost you ? For well under $100 you can build your own bullet-proof mill.

You can buy replacement belts pretty cheap too. Not a bad idea to have a couple on hand.

Yeah but guess what. Just a trip to the Harbor Freight store and a whole new unit for free the 90 day warrenty covers it so I still up set for having to take a trip to the store but atleast it won't cost me anything and then I get another warrenty and if it breaks again then the samething happens again but ultimately cost my $30 for the everything even if it breaks again.

• 2 weeks later...
this SUCKS im not gonna see fireworks ON 4th of july but on june 30th im gonna be at a BBQ instead on th 4th. and LA/santamonica police are going out of their way to crack down on illegal fireworks photographs of suspect and device the works JEEZ! and... it is the dryest and hottest year on record...EVER so i cant set of most of my stuff god knows i wont be able to set of my 4" for more than 2 months that SUCKS. hope you guys have it better (god damn police/global warming.) i hate california actually i love it i just hate the laws sometimes i wish we had laws like mississippi.

My goddamn scales are buggered again. Third set in 18 months... Just got home from college looking to do some pyro and now i gotta wait another ten days untill i can do anything.

Look like its tube rolling, charcoal baking and magnalium alloying til then.

So pissed off.. You guys...

http://www.pastdeadline.com/images/cartman.jpg

My goddamn scales are buggered again. Third set in 18 months... Just got home from college looking to do some pyro and now i gotta wait another ten days untill i can do anything.

Look like its tube rolling, charcoal baking and magnalium alloying til then.

So pissed off.. You guys...

One advantage of the classic triple beam balance. Digital are nice, but to get a really rugged one ends up costing more than you think. Going through a number of lower cost ones ends up costing more as well.

What brand and model was it ? Any idea what happened to it ?

it was just a cheapy off ebay, $20 500g 0.1 digi scales. it gives me an error message that isnt even in the booklet. It soon gave me the lo bat error, so i changed the batteries, but i got the other error message again.

It's an inconveniece but ive never really had enough money at one time to get a decent set of scales...

Well, how's THIS for depression?

I can't go to the PGI this year, due to finances and my need to help care for my ailing parents.

*sigh*

There's always next year but Gillette, WY is too far away anyway, so I won't see a convention until 2009.

%$@*&%#$#@

M

• 2 weeks later...
I just hurt my shoulder today doing bench press, that sucks because we have weight testing for football in like 2 weeks and I was hoping to bench 315, looks like I wont be doing that for a while. :(

My current mood

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/SDC/SDC101/181026SDC.jpg

http://www.sleeping-tablets.com/images/prozac.jpg

http://www.elydis.fr/metier/image_produit/705926_Vodka-publicitaire.jpg

My goddamn scales are buggered again.

One thing I've found with my digital scale is that when you are measuring out and sifting ingredients you can't allow your fingers to touch the bowl. I've discharged static to my stainless steel bowl about a half a dozen times and it locks up the software forcing me to restart the machine and restart the whole weighing process. This also changed the way I weigh, now I do single ingredients every time then transfer to a larger container for mixing.

Oh piss.

I tried to make a colored smoke bomb with the kno3/sugar ratio and then just eyeballed the rit color dye and I put like half the packet in there. And while cooking the smoke mix it caught on fire and thats not the part I'm mad about its that the color was still a grayish-white. PISS.

• 1 month later...
Damn, I busted my wrist. Hurts so bad i can hardly move my hand. The doctor says it's not broken or anything so it should get better soon, but it still hurts :(

I'm was happy because I ordered a lot of chemicals from Discount Pyro on 8/13, payed on 8/22... Expected order in a week or so...

Now it's been 2 weeks and 2 days since I've payed and still not shipped....

I understand she was on vacation and has to do them in order, but cmon, 1 week gone = over 2 weeks backup?

Oh piss.

I tried to make a colored smoke bomb with the kno3/sugar ratio and then just eyeballed the rit color dye and I put like half the packet in there. And while cooking the smoke mix it caught on fire and thats not the part I'm mad about its that the color was still a grayish-white. PISS.

Dude, Kno3/sugar does not make coloured smoke! What dye were you adding to it anyway?

Oh piss.

Dude, Kno3/sugar does not make coloured smoke! What dye were you adding to it anyway?

Well I saw this video on youtube and this guy made a red smoke bomb with red organic dye and KNO3/sugar. It worked fine for him but mine I tried to make green and didn't work at all.