APC Forum

Occasional depression thread

Pretty green flame

Nice one :D

I'm not sure. Maybe I should bring some fountains to do and show them it's almost perfectly safe.

I doubt police actually care if there are fountains and a few aerial shells etc. As long as they don't see them while walking past. They wont drive around looking for people which are doing this.

As long it's on your property and it ain't disturbing anyone it should be good.

Some people are just weird about fireworks like that... Maybe not a lot you can do. Best bet might be to show them something artistic, like a girandola. I've never seen anyone who wasn't impressed by a well executed 'dola. I remember Ned's 'dola at PGI last year, the crowd (which I was still part of) was like WTF? when they announced a girandola. They were suitably impressed.

In the end, some people will drink budweiser, others know better.

Today about 5-7 helicopters were circling the river which leads out to the bay. I heard it was a five year old boy which died on a boat when two boats collided. Today was also my Uncles, Mothers and a good friends birthdays. Just before after my Mother spotted out clues and realized next door (Which has a 3,5 and 8 year old was gone. So was their boat. After seeing the news a wreckage of the boat my Mother realized it was there boat.

For the past two hours everyone has been crying. Me and my dad and mother went next door and we all started crying as we talking to the father which must have some much emotional stress. My 5 year old neighbor died. It was beautiful day they were having so much fun when an idiot crashed into the side of the boat. At full pace. The shock killed the five year old. Sent the mother of the family to Extensive Care in hospital after gaining multiple serious spinal injuries.

These were out next door neighbors. They are one of the nicest people I have ever met. Even though they probably see my fireworks and probably aren't for it they still don't get pissy about it. They cared so much about family and friends. But yet 2km in the bay. Somewhat someone crashed into the side of the boat. You can only think "If only..".

I feel sorry for the family. A five year old is so young. The brother (8) must feel so depressed. I would not know how I would feel if I was in this situation.

Today was meant to be a nice relaxing Chinese traditional meal with some Chinese friends we have. There was duck, pork the whole lot. Instead of a BBQ. Yet my mother was so sad she didn't want to eat. In the end we didn't even sing Happy Birthday and have cake.

I just felt like sharing this.

I was going to make an entry, complaining about having the Flu today.

After reading what Gunz wrote, I realize how trivial that really is....

My sympathies and condolences, Gunz. :(

M

Wow Gunz, that's devastating. I'm terribly sorry to hear that. They will be kept in my prayers. You have my hear-felt sympathy for your loss. :(

You probably could find some news about it on the internet.

I feel sorry for their family. Losing a five year old to such an unfortunate accident is devastating. I don't think they will ever be the same again.

Hopefully the mother will get out of hospital with minor injuries.

The worst part is that she damaged her spine in multiple areas. Which could lead not walking ever again.

Apparently the mother was holding the five year old (Zane) on the passenger seat of the boat. Somewhat a boat came at a very fast speed into that side of the boat. The child was crushed by the shock wave which yeah kind of protected the mother. But the mother got spinal injuries on her back from the chair.

Today is a new day. It must feel so awful waking up knowing your child won't be coming your back. Then you probably start thinking. "If only...". If only I didn't take the boat out etc.. My family is incredibly sad. We were pretty close neighbors. The father never took his eyes of his kids. He really took cared of them.

Again if you look at Australian news you will find this story. Maybe you could hear it on international? But there wouldn't be much details.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23564834-29277,00.html

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/boy...8025558682.html

I got to say the mother does not have minor injuries. She will be at least in hospital for a week or two. Spinal injuries are bad.

yeah my bad day doesnt seem so bad anymore...

but just for shits... I replaced two u joints in my truck... friggin had to use a cutting torch to get both out of the rear drive shaft... needless to say strained a part and it cracked... so we welded it back up and got it to work for now.. so I have to call the junkyard monday and then replace that part...

Ordered a lortone 12lb barrel... guy accepts payments and then writes me a e-mail saying that he is in Hawaii and wont be back till the 8th of may... he will send it then... =/ so ball mill is being delayed..

POOOOOEY!

Oh... but on a side note... I have been hearing from a few sources all americans are getting 600 bucks for economy stimulation? wth... any views on this?

Oh... but on a side note... I have been hearing from a few sources all americans are getting 600 bucks for economy stimulation? wth... any views on this?

Skylighter order!!!!!!!!

Gunzway, sorry to hear of this useless, stupid tragedy. Life is not at all fair. Not that it helps, but my condolences go out to all those involved. Life is fragile and we here in the pyrotechnic community extend the risk past the average, but to have a little guy loose his life for a senseless and reckless accident while doing nothing more than enjoying a day of his young life outside with his family is so sad that it defies description; it's something that you feel. Words come pittifully short of relaying the sentiment.

Unfortunatly ALL americans are not getting said money. I happen to not be one of them. I instead got to pay in several hundred dollars instead.

Unfortunatly ALL americans are not getting said money. I happen to not be one of them. I instead got to pay in several hundred dollars instead.

If you had under the minimum earned income to get the "economic stimulus" payment, you should get a full refund on your taxes ? Or are you being claimed as a dependent by parents ? Seems like a rip-off to me. Of course, almost everything the IRS does feels like a rip to me...

It just occurred to me how weak your dollar is, 1 AUD is 0.93 USD ATM. Sounds like a good time to buy a few things I always wanted.

I remember when one of ours was worth half of yours :)

It just occurred to me how weak your dollar is, 1 AUD is 0.93 USD ATM. Sounds like a good time to buy a few things I always wanted.

I remember when one of ours was worth half of yours :)

Hoho, we get 1.6 US for 1 Euro ^_^

Euros rule :lol:

all americans are getting 600 bucks for economy stimulation? wth... any views on this?

It's a total crock and pisses me off beyond belief! I wish I could tell them to shove that $600 up their collective, Federal @sses. It brings to mind Juvenal's quote of "panem et circenses". If they really want to stimulate the economy, reduce my taxes across the board. Let me decide how to distribute my earned wealth... hire a local carpenter to expand my deck, donate to a Darfur relief mission, buy a George Foreman grill.

Let's play out a little scenario kids. Let us pretend that JCrew is foolish enough to be walking through a dark and desolate Texas alley some balmy, spring night. What ho. He comes face-to-face with a pirate brandishing a cutlass. Said pirate relieves him of his wallet, watch, and keys to his truck (first ascertaining that all is well with the U-joints). Three weeks later, the aforementioned pirate knocks on JCrew's door, displays Mr J's wallet, gingerly removes a $20 bill, and relinquishes it to Mr J.

Now you get to decide how this story ends. Does JCrew say....

A] "Why thank you kindly Mr Buccaneer. I believe I shall take this $20 down to a local establishment and buy my lady friend several rounds of drink. Thereby encouraging stimulation on several fronts" ?

B] "WTF man?!? You give me back my own stuff and expect me to be grateful? The minute I can lay my hands on a baseball bat; I'm going to show you my Mark McGwire impression." ?

Whewwww. Way too early on a Sunday morning for me to get this worked up. Peace.

Skylighter order!!!!!!!!

Heh heh, yeah, you can get a whole 20lbs of chems, woo hoo!!!

The economy sure is geting in a rut, depression here we come, maybe.

occaisional depression

about a week ago one of my best friends overdosed on a combo of xanax and heroin. I never thought i would be going to one of my good friends funerals at age 19. Things just dont seem the same anymore. idk i figured this was warranted as ocaisional depression so there you go.

Fucking drugs man, too many kids our age get into them not understanding that they're going to have a serious effect on the rest of their lives.

I knew a girl named Lauren, she was beautiful and had the world in her grasp. She could dance, sing, and god that girl could kiss. She came back to visit about a year ago on break and she was still amazing. She was going to college out of state and everything seemed pretty good.

A month later I got a phone call from her asking if I knew anyone who would be interested in buying LSD. She had started doing extasy and lsd then moved on to selling it and in the space of a month had gone from a bright young girl to a total space cadet. Even when she wasn't stoned she couldn't think about anything but getting stoned. That became her life.

It's a shame but it's a reality.

Today drugs are too accessible and everybody thinks they know everything about them. Shit, my neighbor two houses down got busted for 500,000 worth of drugs and whenever I rode the bus downtown somebody would either try to sell or buy some off of me. In the neighboring town there were cases of parents giving their own kids small hits to keep them doped up and manageable. These were children in the first and second grade for christ's sake.

Oh and now with meth you can have tweekers even in small farming communities because you don't need your fix shipped in from mexico, you can just cook it up in a trailer somewhere.

What the fuck is happening to America?

Why are so many people so unhappy that they have to fry their brains looking for an escape?

Why the fuck is this happening?

Screw it, I'm going to go make some rockets.

I know what you mean. (Kind of but never knew someone that overdosed.) I hate the people that are like God gross weed and stuff like that when I've seen pictures of people just pumping chemical of God knows what in to it. I also think its ridiculous when people say "You can't get addicted to it" in reality you can; not a physical addiction but a psychological addiction.

Then meth and X put holes in you brain. Its terrible,

LSD and PCP will make you see things that you don't want to see. Like if you did take LSD or PCP you could see something crawling around under your skin, grab a knife and stab yourself trying to get it out.

There are kids in the place I live overdose on "Cheese" its Black Tar heroin and Tylonal PM. Horrible stuff.

Nice post Mr pirate... but if I ran into a pirate in my alley he might be in trouble... due to my shotgun in the back seat =P

oh... and if he hammered the throttle the drive shaft would more than likely shoot out from under it due to the welded peice we had to fix lmao...

Yeah drugs are a very bad thing. Like seriously. Kids need to learn they aren't invincible and that's the same with everything. You always think it will happen to someone else but not yourself.

My workmate has bi-polar diease he got it from smoking marijuana. He went crazy like crazy crazy. But luckily he is now on medication. Now days I could walk up to basically any big shopping area walk outside near some alleyways and get offered drugs. Seriously drugs are easier (ALOT easier) than obtaining fireworks in Australia. My personal opinion is that is really dodged.

Probably the most commonly used drug is Ice in Australia. It has the reputation as the "Party Drug". But I think kids should realize they are not invincible. If they choose to do drugs. Well the reality is they are most likely going to have a shortened life. That's it. There's no real exceptions, No you are not special, your the same as everyone else.

Not many people take methamphetamine here, most people either smoke pot or take ecstasy.

Yep, still claimed as a dependant despite the fact I live on my own, pay all my own bills, and am capable of getting my own (free) insurance. To be fair, I wouldn't want to get the kind of health care that insurance would provide though, so I guess I can't completely complain, although that $600 would be mighty nice. Yet my cousins live at home, don't pay any of their own bills, barely work and are getting it only because they don't go to school(plus they may not have insurance in the first place).

Drugs can be a pretty charged topic, so please keep it civil. I am going to be keeping a sharp eye on this.

I am also not much a fan of drugs. Used in a responsible manner they can sometimes be reasonably harmless. The issue is that there are always some that can not exercise the self restraint to use them in a responsible manner. I understand that some are quite addictive and perhaps not always possible to use just self-will to control them. There are certainly some that are significantly worse than others. My overall view is that if can use them to enhance your life, fine, but if when you're using them to get away from life is when you get into trouble.

I know my fair share of people who have gotten into trouble with drugs, both personally and criminally. I know a very similar person to you Apollo, but it was cocaine. Wonderful person, beautiful, so much fun to be around. She has been my best friend for about 10 years, and it got bad enough I had to tell her that I wasn't going to see her or talk to her until she got off of it. A year later she finally thanked me. She was on the downward track, but luckily got out of it before things got too bad. Actually, cpl has met her.

Mormanman, it's best not to generalize when you have little knowledge of, or experience with the individuals, or the substances themselves.

Mormanman, it's best not to generalize when you have little knowledge of, or experience with the individuals, or the substances themselves.

Mumbles, what do you mean I have little knowledge of? Of drugs?

Grant it, I may not know as much as some here but I know a lot about what goes into making drugs. Most of my friends have done all of it. I know someone that used to be a hardcore pill addict.

I also know that cannabis can be helpful if used properly but not many do.

I learn a lot of what I know at school and not just from students but from the teachers.

I am fascinated with drugs (other than pyrotechnics.)

LSD and PCP will make you see things that you don't want to see.

That is a generalization of sorts. If these will cause you to see things that you don't want to then they would be far less "popular". Can they? They certainly can but these are not the effects experienced by everyone. I have heard many stories from users who have described good and bad trips. One gentleman in particular managed to kick it because he was severely afraid of a repeat bad trip, so you're right in saying that those are some of the psychological effects. This was after multiple uses however, and thus like I said saying that they will cause those effects isn't entirely accurate in so touchy a subject.

I despise all of the people that talked down to me at a young age about how " smoking pot WILL ruin your life". All it takes is seeing one person that it doesn't ruin their life and we're thinking " that guy was wrong, it doesn't ruin lives". Just be straight and honest. IMO smoking pot can have negative effects on a persons life which is more likely to occur than experiencing overall positive effects thus not the best choice for a "hobby".