APC Forum

Occasional depression thread

Pretty green flame

wow your blacklisted? Gees what the hell did you do to them??!!

Decided to be a nice person and shared the passfire archive

I think they took it kinda hard on him. I know of no less than two other archives floating around, though this one was the most recent. Given the current update situation, giving away an archive copy is practically like giving away a 6 month free membership. Like I've said before, this will blow over in a year or two.

I have recently contracted the virus known as "bells polsy"/

It looks like i have had a stroke and I am embarrassed of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Well today was near the end of junk day and people had lots of stuff on the curb. I was looking for something with a motor so I could make a ball mill. I find one but I have open up the casing to get (think a dryer, its a lot of work) I get to work and a little girl comes out of the house that I'm taking the motor from. She goes "what are you doing that's our junk! I'm calling my mom" I figure that the mom won't care since she is throwing all the junk out. I get the motor out and start to leave when the mom runs out and starts screaming at me and threatening to call the police if I trespass again. I try to explain what I was doing but she would have none of it. She started cursing at me and yelling at me to get the "f*** out of her s***" So I ran away. When I got home I discovered that the motor didn't work. Just writing thAt makes me want to cry.

Dude I love junk day, its like a holiday to me. Its nice to see somebody else's town has them. Last year a couple people walked up to me when I was ripping through a huge pile and asked me why everybody was digging through piles of garbage all over town.

They were from a different town. I had to explain that it was Junk Day and they could take anything they wanted. They were like oh thats really cool, and then they started looking around for cool stuff.

Here's occasional depression for you....I'm currently unemployed and doing stuff for my parents (like painting my Mom's laundry room). I'm supposed to be in a work-study program, but I'm having trouble getting a company to hire me...

And, stupid little bugs keep flying into the paint in the laundry room, and then I have to clean up their mass suicide...

well close the door and windows and then when you not teher you could make some chlorine gaz on some NO2....

Hmm... and then I just love the part of chemistry where you get the chemical burns... ah that good H2O2 at 130°....

unemployment checks were the best thing to ever happen to my summer. god bless America and the people who don't want to work.

^^^Haha, I can understand that. I don't think I would get any unemployment stuff since technically I'm a full time student. I do need a certain amount of time in a co-op (aka work-study) job in order to graduate though.

Edit:

Some more rants from me:

My bedroom is now a bio-hazard area! One of the fish in my fish tanks is showing the classic signs of fish TB. Apparently it is pretty dangerous a disease, which people can catch either through direct contact of the fish, or through contact of infected water with a cut or open wound. And if people catch it they have to go on a cocktail of strong antibiotics for several months. It doesn't afflict the lungs like normal TB, but it usually starts at the skin and other shallow tissue. It can of course spread deeper and kill you if not treated!

Chances are that me and my family will be fine, but this is still kind of scary to be honest. Fish TB is not that common in humans, but I still have to treat my fish tanks as a bio-hazard now. I should probably start wearing gloves while working in them...And I sure hope that the disease does not spread to the other fish!

Actually, I'm not sure if it is really fish TB or not. Some of the syptoms definetely matched though....

On the bright side, I think I might have a solid lead on a awesome job opportunity! The research company that did partnered research with my school (which I was involved in) is now hiring students! I have more experience in their research than any other student in my school. So maybe they will hire me!

• 2 weeks later...

As of today, Halloween, I'm unemployed. It's one of the risks you face in construction, but it still sucks.

Tomorrow I'll have the joy of standing in a conga-line of derelicts, drunks, druggies, lay-abouts, and the general dregs of society in the unemployment line, standing there to get a few bucks from Uncle Sucker. I wouldn't do it, but hunting season starts this Saturday and I'm not going to miss it by wasting that time to go looking for gainful employment, and since the wife says that we still need money to eat, I'm filing . I save up my vacation all year so I can get into the wood now, and the company picks PRECISELY this time to fold, the bastards. How selfish of them; to loose everything at just exactly the time that I want to take some time off with pay.

On the bright side:

It's losing a job, not testicular cancer.

It happened BEFORE deer season, so I'm going hunting.

I'll have plenty of time to work on shells/rockets for New Years.

hst's word's of hope:

"Remember, when one door closes.....another one slams shut, probably on your nuts"

Getting wisdom teeth out later today... on the bright side ill be asleep/numbed/etc if everything goes to plan... but might be too drugged to go to a party later... and i haven't been able to hangout with these friends for like a year... schedule conflicts... every time they are free and throw a party i have had another commitment... one time i was doing a fireworks show... another time i was going to PGI... another time i was going to a PAT event... and this time I'm getting teeth pulled... what are the chances? Bad luck for sure...

My 3" ball shell full of 105g of CuO/Al + Ti came crashing to the ground on halloween. I knew I should have by passed the 3sec delay. Oh it was on top of a 4oz nozzle less, thats why-it wasnt up there too far. Well it didnt go off when it hit, I was very carefull not to drop it while making it. Now im close to being out of CuO, I need to go pyro shopping. Starting at the store for butter mints! lol, inside joke people. Hows the T3 or did they give ya something better?

...hst's word's of hope:

"Remember, when one door closes.....another one slams shut, probably on your nuts"

hst,

Be sure to let me know if you get to the stage of standing on the street corner with a sign reading, "Will paste shells for food".

I'll keep you fed and liquored up... :D

qwezxc12, thanks, but for now the supply of jerky and Budweiser (food and water) is holding out. I've been out in the woods muzzleloader hunting for the last three days, so I've been out of touch. It's raining about a foot an hour today so I wussed-out and am laying low in my Unibomber-style shack. If things get bad enough I'll take you up on the offer. At night I can curl up under your work bench, using a burlap sack full of empty beer cans as a pillow, and burn short lengths of fuse to keep warm. No, I take that back, I don't want to waste fuse....I know, I'll travel the countryside pulling up Hillary posters and shredding them for "firewood."

Don't worry, we aim to keep this a comfortable place for all. If this kind of behavior continues, measures will be taken. I'm male, and I'm about as welcoming to it as you are. I'll delete it tomorrow.

Oh, no!!! I think that this New Years eve could be desastourous... We might have to buy fireworks!! :blink: :ph34r: Since my mother took my lab away...And I probably won't have time to order any chems or shells...

Just asking, guys (especially DJPork): are posts of that level really necessary? Don't get me wrong, but as one of the few female members here I'm not exactly at ease with reading those comments and would prefer a more decent manner. I thougt I'm member of a pyro forum? :blink: Sounds more like a youth center full of immature boys... :P

I didn't know there was a girl here. Wow.

thats not particularly surprising after all blue squibs sig until a few days ago was something like "im allowed to ask stupid questions im a woman" but i wasn't aware of any other female members of our community.

It's bizzar to see Woemen around in the pyro society, i thaught "Blowing things up" (sorry..) was a mans thing :ph34r: :D

It's bizzar to see Woemen around in the pyro society, i thaught "Blowing things up" (sorry..) was a mans thing :ph34r:  :D

Wow...three miss-spellings and four grammatical errors in one sentence...it might be a record. At least make an effort, people.