APC Forum

Occasional depression thread

Pretty green flame

yeah i saw that i wouldn't trust him his other vids include such classics as how 1 drop of a primary can vaporize a water melon, hot to make a cheap laser pointer pop balloons and how cell phone s blow up gas stations. either way they bur too hot you need chlorate smoke comp.

Ya Shotting Eggs is an idiot...

Someone did make a video exposing this on Metacafe or something... Comparing the 2 smokes you could see differences even in the casings...

I did try this with Pure Indigo or some other dye my mom has (have no clue why, but I'm not complaining) with a KNO3\Sugar mixed that was mixed with some Sodium Bicarbonate and cooked it... The finished mixture was a blueish purple peanut butter consistency...

It burnt purple on my camera and the glass bottle I placed it inside (not a smart idea putting hot comps in glass btw) turned partially blue... I think the purple was mainly from the flames overloading my POS Cameras CCD though...

The smoke was mainly grey, but I swear it did have a blueish tint...

Instead of wasting good dyes get Chlorate smoke mix and it should work... Try

http://www.wfvisser.dds.nl/compoDB.html

for comps

HCE smoke is also cool, but I think it burns way to hot to be colored... You pretty much need Thermalite to light it...

HCE is a bitch to get lit, but it produces a ridiculous amount of smoke... that smells *horrible*. It's a truly unique smell too. The smoke really clings to the ground too, compared to a lot of smokes which just rise up.

I was going to get lathe on ebay and it was the perfect machine for me and it was close by so I could pick it up so no obscene shipping charges and some guy waited until 1 minute before auction ended and put a bid that was 10 higher than my bid and got it from under my noze. It was the PERFECT machine for me, why did that idiot have to ruin my life like that, and yes as someone who loves machining and is working on being a mechanical engineer, having a lathe would have had a profound effect on my life! So this really sucks to not get it.... :(

What lathe were you going to bid on, one of the mini lathes, or something beefy? I hate bid snipers too.. I always bid the max I'm willing, that way if I don't get it, it's because someone was willing to pay more..

it was somewhat more beefy, it was an old craftsman/atlas lathe that ran on 220v single phase and it is hard to find bigger lathes that use single phase instead of three phase. thats true, I should start doing that.

My Modern Physics Professor opened up Friday's lecture with the following quote:

"Ludwig Boltzman, who spent much of his life studying statistical mechanics, died in 1906, by his own hand. Paul Ehrenfest, carrying on the work, died similarly in 1933. Now it is our turn to study statistical mechanics. Perhaps it will be wise to approach the subject cautiously." (Opening lines of "States of Matter", by D.L. Goodstein).

So now I have to go and fail the final exam out of fear from myself. How does that make sense?

Anyway, modern physics is basically an introductory relativity and quantum mechanics class. Now it seems like the only thing I picked up really well from quantum was quantum tunneling due to my interest in Microscopy.

So it is official, I hereby diagnose myself with ADD, since I would never admit to lazyness in class. I'm against taking "mental drugs", so if I really do have ADD (very debateable) I have every right to be depressed! Because I have a freaking test on tuesday and I won't be able to enjoy my weekend!

Well guys that blows out the butt. My depression is more of frustration, but anyway. My ball mill mills so slow so I tried to fix it and make the pulley bigger with some hot glue over lapping. I turned it on and 10 minutes later I come back to check on it and the hot glue is melted. So my brother makes this new bigger pulley, it works, and glue it with hot glue. Hot glue melted, again. So I glue it with some gorilla glue, and being impatient as I am -_- , I turned it on well knowing that the glue hadn't cured. It ran fine for awhile until that night when I heard something making this loud noise; so I shut it off. I got up the next morning(this morning) and turned it on to see what the problem was. It appears that the gorilla glue went into the motor or something causing to much friction so it won't mill.

My brother made me a firing box that didn't work but I just made up the way to make it. I've only spent like $6 on it so far so not that big of a deal.

• 3 weeks later...

well let's see where should I start; Already I live in France , where if you even say thet you have a chem lab in your house they look at you as if you were Al-Quaida, and then I asked my parents to buy me chems for 150 Euro and I forgot to ask for sulfur, so I have 5kg of KClO3 6kg of KNO3 sum calcium carbide and other stuff but I don't have any S so no black powder for a long time...And my chem teacher looks at me as if I was freakin' crazy having 1kg fo KMnO4 behind my room....good thing she dosen't know about my other stuff because I think I would be expelled....

For now thats about it...

Uh no not finished: since I live in France its fuckin' impossible to get a ball mill so I think I'm gonna' have to Make one or order one from UN...

Yep Now it's finished... for now

Well, part of the fun is building your own things :D

I'm pretty depressed because I went to the doctor and got diagnosed with "clinical depression", how's that for ya. At least now I know why I start projects and never finish them, I have 6 or 7 projects on the way already, all the material (except for some small things) is in my possesion but I just can't seem to make anything work. It's like my concentration is out the window and I can't stay focused. Anyway, sucks to be me right now, good to know that I have my family to help me (hopefully).

See you when I'm looking at you.

wow, that sounds a lot like me. I rarely finish the projects I start even though I have already done most of the work, I can never do projects for school unless they are dew the next day(like essays), my mind wonders alot, and I have that general depressed feeling most of the time. Maybe I should go see if I'm clinically depressed.....

not trying to be mean but isn't it ironic that finding out you are clinically depressed makes you even more depressed?

The real irony is that the pills I'm going to start taking against depression lists as a side-effect: worsened depression :D

Anyway, it feels a bit better that I know why I've been the way I am and that there is help. @ oriansbelt, I think you might want to go see a psycologist or something, if they say that you're ok, great. If not, at least you know that you have a condition and that you can get help. Everyone who's been writing here, hope you feel better soon.

not trying to be mean but isn't it  ironic that finding out you are clinically depressed makes you even more depressed?

It sounds weird, but it's actually quite true. As an analogy, think of a runaway nitration. A hot spot develops which accelerates the reaction which generates more heat which accelerates the reaction, etc. it's the same with depression; the fact of being diagnosed as depressed can trigger further depression.

I'm not a doctor, "just a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate," but my advise is to take care of yourself and do something to break the cycle. Go have some fun; light a fuse. :D

yea, I'll have to do that. It would be nice to know that I can easily control it :). I hope it can help it some way other than drugs though...

Guest Mark_the_pyro
I've been blacklisted from most if not all pyro organizations due to me being an asshole with Passfire. Please, no one follow in my footsteps up to then. :(

If I remember correctly Mark was trying to "give away" passfire knowledge out to non members(aka general public). Quiet a few people warned him against it but I guess he went through with it...

Who cares, considering there is the whole archive on a popular bittorrent tracker as we speak.

Guest Mark_the_pyro

There are no torrents for that that are active after searching, and no, don't tell me where it is. That is no longer my problem. The only copy I even know of is mine, and believe me I feel guilty enough with that.

But hey everyone makes careless actions (some stupider than others), so I am just trying to redeem myself now however I can. Don't think I am proud with what I did, and I come here to brag.

I have heard this saying before, and it is absolutely true: you learn life's important lessons during your bad days much more than your good days.

And with that said, I am beginning work on my new domain for LARGE tutorials of nearly everything in pyrotechnics (free of course)

FYI i can see one copy on a torrent tracker and another on rapidshare.

I don't know why you feel guilty, I haven't paid for a album, game or movie in years or for that matter anything that can be digitized.