APC Forum

Occasional depression thread

Pretty green flame

Over here, weapon/explosive laws are really strict, but landlords have a say about cats + dogs, but birds, fish, reptiles, rabbits, mice etc they have to tolerate.

Unless you collect black mambas or breed rabbits for a living in your apartment. :P

Apollofrost, all that stuff shouldn't take up more then maybe two large boxes or rubbermaid roughneck tubs, and assuming you have no live mixtures (you should get rid of those) why not just take it with you?

Such a shame to see all that go to waste.

Yea, well maybe the 31kgs of KNO3 could take a big box, but no point of making such a large comp.. I mean what could you possily make with 70lbs of KNO3?!

Saw it on Passfire, poor Bob :(

I hope I don't end in the same situation some day, I'm doing this without license.

TheSidewinder: Yeah, but I'd rather not have the cops over, you know? We just put the birds at a friend's for a few days, disassembled the cages (so it looks like we're getting rid of them - though nothing in the lease says we can't have cages). And did the dirty dishes.

It was kind of funny, we had some dirty dishes in the sink and some stuff laying around the kitchen (I actually have a picture- it was just a bunch of stuff, really) and she went ballistic. She must be OCD neat freak or something. The way I see it, if you can clean the whole apartment spotless (2br, bath, kitchen, LR) in under 6 hours, it wasn't very dirty to begin with. Too bad she isn't a resident manager, I'd borrow the schrader valves from her tires.. frequently.

So we'll be staying for a couple more months at any rate, we'll try and find a better place, maybe even a rental house. Damn but that would be nice, being able to run a mill at home, etc.

Yeah FT the issue with Bob just sucks. The only thing I can really see illegal is that he didn't have storage. You don't need a license to practice this hobby, you just need storage. The ATF didn't want to give me a 20 license because they said " you don't need one for hobby fireworks, we don't care about non-commercial personal building" . When I explained what was going on with the CPSC they said "Really? We had no idea, I'll get your application processed no problem." and they did. Took less than two months from filing to inspection to license in hand. Storage is another matter altogether, and if you are going to keep compositions or any fireworks you have to have it. Not sure what Bob is looking at here but it really sucks that he's got this hassle on his hands and it's pretty clear his neighbors are the ones who brought this trouble to his door.

Storage might be the only FEDERAL issue, but remember that this happened in the Commonwealth of Mass-hysteria-chusetts, the home of Kennedys, Kerrys and Krazies.

All but 2 trays of seeds i was starting outside are gone... as in stolen, blew off, washed off, or dog nabed... Around 8 trays originally... The 2 that remain are crap cayanne that I have hundreds of seeds for... So... My Bhut Jolokia is gone, as is the zimbabwe birds eye, pepperoncini, habanero, and something else that escapes me... basicly $20 worth of seeds when all costs including S/H are taken into account. IM FUCKING PISSED.

That sucks ASB, but at least you won't have to torture yourself with habenero.

Don't even joke about habenero. The first month I moved to Mexico I went to a cocina economica for lunch and took a bite out of one of those thinking it was a baby bell pepper.

According to my mother my face went cherry red and my ears turned purple. All I know is that it felt like I French kissed a road flare.

I smoked a Romeo y Julieta cigar and got nicotine poisoning. So I'm sitting around chewing ice and waiting for my shift to end. Only six more hours...

So I lost a bid on ebay for a Lortone tumbler... came with a 3lb two 6lb's and a 12 lb barrel.. sold for 93.50 =( damn

Got yelled at by the Wife. About my pyrotechnics, The mess involved. Myself working on stuff. She just cracked it and told me to get rid of the stuff or she will get rid of it

:S Hopefully it was just in the mood. :S

Any ideas?

Move to South Carolina, wait for Sunday night, take her to the court house and beat her :P JK. It is completely legal though.

Tell her if you can't have your fun, she can't have her fun. Take away the credit cards, shoes, and deny her the satisfaction of sex.

You think it would be funny to take away her bras? :D That's an idea.

She will be too embarrassed to come out. I guess I'll take her shoes too.

My wife told me that if I ever make one more pyrotechnic devise she's leaving for good....I'll miss her tomorrow.

Just kidding, the wife's great, but I thought the line was funny. Her only bitch is that I track charcoal into the house; she refers to my hobby as "black crap" since that's what she ends up having to clean out of my cloths.

Gunzway, do you have kids? Tell her that you do it because the kids like the pretty colors, and you don't think it's right for her to deny them the joy of it. She'll be so pissed at you for twisting her words that she might forget to be pissed about the pyro.

Are you screening chemicals in the kitchen or something? I don't see why there would be a problem if you're keeping the mess outside, or in the garage, or an area designated as "yours"...

Nah man I don't have kids... yet :blink:

She does not like it when I make charcoal. She does not like me doing this really. I do not know why. Most of my Family don't mind it and my Dad and her sister + family absolutely love it.

My wife's side of my family are like "Don't bring fireworks to my Birthday I don't want the police over!".

Who the fuck does not want firework show for their birthday :o.

I might sneak a big long lasting fountain to their house but they seem to want to call the Police on me.

Anyway to change what they think?

Anyway to change what they think?

Remove their heads from their asses?