APC Forum

Occasional depression thread

Pretty green flame

I have made the decision to virtually cease continuing this hobby, I have come to the realization that its just not worth the risks (legal kind). Going to divert my spare time into other fields of chemistry.

I am getting rid of anything assembled, I have fertilized the weeds with 8lb's of pulverone and meal powder. I still have a few shells laying around, not to keen on dumping them in a bucket of water though. I wont be dumping the 100 odd meters of visco fuse I have considering I will most likely be never able to buy some more down the track.

Keeping all my reagents and tooling, I'm sure in a few years when I move to somewhere semi remote I will find them handy.

That's a shame, WW. Have you looked into ATF licensing and such to make your activities 100% legal? I'm also considering trying to master "consumer" fireworks construction, getting the most bang per buck, to avoid confrontation. Still, I'd much rather make big stuff.

No 'ATF' here, red tape is way to thick even if I had a suitable site and the cash to spare.

This would be the perfect time to mix the batches of star comp I've been planning to mix for the past week...but of course my brother had to take the car that my scale was in. God Damnit!!!

I'm going to have to get a "stationary" scale and bolt it to my work bench so that this shit doesn't happen again.

Digital Scale: -$13

Brother takes to deal drugs: +$50

Sad because you can't do pyro: -5 kudos +1 sad pyro

Tell Frogy your story so he can make fun of you: Priceless

Sorry for the drug reference...

I always forget my scale at one house or the other... I'm going to have to buy a .01 gram scale soon anyways, so I might as well grab two... Or another .1 gram scale.

Well id say I got a nice little occasional depression to post. My fiance and I just got into a big argument which ended in me saying what ever and packing my shit up and leaving. Hopefully things will work out but i don't know. :(

On the bright side this does give me a good reason to possibly go shooting tomorow. B)

I'm sorry dude, but packing up your shit and leaving is one of the most childish things you can ever do in a relationship. Did it ever work when you ran away from home (down the block) when your parents pissed you off? Man up, get back home, figure out what the hell she really wants from you and either make it work or get the fuck out and don't look back. Running away from your problems only makes them worse...you'll sit and torture yourself with all those questions.

I'm sorry dude, but packing up your shit and leaving is one of the most childish things you can ever do in a relationship. Did it ever work when you ran away from home (down the block) when your parents pissed you off? Man up, get back home, figure out what the hell she really wants from you and either make it work or get the fuck out and don't look back. Running away from your problems only makes them worse...you'll sit and torture yourself with all those questions.

I never did run away so I wouldn't know. And I didn't just decide it she told me to so I did. Shes a girl so you know how "REASONABLE" they are, you can talk to a girl all you want but if they have something set in their head no matter how retared or illogical it is you can't change that. Girls don't run on logic they run on emotions.

She deicided to takes sides with her new friend shes known for a month or so over me so what ever.

The way I look at it at least now ill have more money for guns ammo and potentionally getting back into pyrotechnics. I love her to death but shes unreasonable and doesn't would rather have her friend then me.

well lets see here by reading all the posts on this forum about 90 % of everyone on here seems to be about 12 years old, so it might not be the best place for women advice. Just a thought.

From where do you get to this conclusion, And since when can't wa ask for women advice or give input? Maybe you just think that young people can't have a serious relationship, if you think that, then, your wrong.

Sorry if I got a bit carried away, but I just don't like conclusions like that.

whoa whoa, I think your the one to make the conclusion here, I wasnt trying to insult(not my cup of tea), nor was I trying to say young folks cant have "serious relationship" , and when did I say you CAN'T, you better slow up before you go throwing words in other people mouth. I am here to tell you that younk folks dont even KNOW what a "serious relationship" is , reason being they havent lived even a quarter of their lives, and we only learn from experiance when it comes to this matter. As for how I draw conclusions about people on here being young well I just know the ones who are, I mean the things some people say kinda turn me upside down...LOL these are the fellas I am refering to. I understand that everyone isnt a little squirt.

EDIT: Don't take everything so serious and personal, your life will fly by you before you even know it and we are all here for a limited time, every min counts. So many people go through life hating everyone and everything, one word of advice is "peace" live happy die happy!! too many things to do and too little time!

Edited by BLAST420

Ehh.. That's how I understood you previous post. Anyway, sorry if I got a bit too carried away. I guess your right about the expirience.

well lets see here by reading all the posts on this forum about 90 % of everyone on here seems to be about 12 years old, so it might not be the best place for women advice. Just a thought.

Oh hell no I wouldn't come here for advice. I posted it because this is the depression venting thread so just venting. So I wasn't looking for advice I mean EVERYONE knows that true pyros don't ever have girlfriends haha just kidding. I don't need advice I just wanted to vent. And yea there are a lot of people on these types of forums that are not exactly mature as far as realationships go. No one get pissed off at me im not saying EVERYONE just some people.

Hmm. I normally don't read APC and think "wow these are all a bunch of little kiddies having a firework fest"... Actually the majority of the people here are mid-20s to 40s I think... With the extreme outlier of SideWinder :D (just kidding)

I rarely read a post and think that people are young... Hell, the only people that I get the "young vibe" from here are the kewls, and possible the people that I know are young (*cough* mormanman :lol: , well and a few others I wouldn't mention).

However I am still a youngin myself, hopefully none of my Science blabbering makes you think that I am older.

Blast, that statement coming from you made me laugh so hard it brought tears to my eyes. Now, I don't know how old you actually are. However, you give off the vibe of around 14.

Hmm I thought the same thing... He definitely can't be over mid-20's from what I'm guessing... Seems to post too much about his excitement of pyrotechnics... Which seems like something that a child, or possible Harry would do.

Now, now, there are a lot of pyros who get plenty excited and giddy about the hobby. Every time I think about PGI I get excited. I only caught the grand display last year, can't wait to get in on the good stuff. A good chest thumping salute every few seconds, rockets going up... Damn, I can't wait.

edit: To keep it on topic, I get depressed when I think about the convention ending. How could they let this happen!?

Hmm... They have quite the Salute fest in Toledo, Ohio on Memorial day... Some 1000+ salutes with some being up to 6 pounds of flash each.... Plus the head bombs... 5 lbs of flash hanging from the gallows... Just thinking about those definitely makes me giddy :P

Blast, that statement coming from you made me laugh so hard it brought tears to my eyes.  Now, I don't know how old you actually are.  However, you give off the vibe of around 14.

Ouch 14... :o o well I'm sorry I give this vibe to you folks. anyway I am all done with my shell and tonight was the night to go blast but then i went to find a good place and seemed to have difficulty! :angry: My problem is I mean to be safe I think the mortar should be burried :blink: (it's 3") uhhh o well tommoroww I will have to go over to a buddies house or something maybe I am just gunna built like a stand for it? I really wanted to blast it too! :(

Mortars are normally not buried unless they are constructed of a metal tubing...

Steel mortars are normally buried, while Cardboard, Fiberglass, and HDPE mortars are all just sat in mortar "racks", which are partial wooden enclosures.

What kind of mortar are you using? If it is PVC, burying the mortar would be smart... Or barricading the mortar in sand. If the mortar is Fiberglass\HDPE, just something to hold it up should be fine.

If you need HDPE mortars, Kastner HDPE has some very nice mortars.

What kind of mortar are you using?

Yea it 's an HDPE pipe, looks like Ill just have to make an encloser of somesort.

What kind of mortar are you using?

Yea it 's an HDPE pipe, looks like Ill just have to make an encloser of somesort.

If you are only firing a single shot from the mortar, hammer a stake into the ground and strap or tape the mortar securely to it. It will be fine for 1 shot.

Plastic HDPE bucket and fill it with fine dirt that has no rocks!. Fine sand is acceptable too or in my case I used an old bag of texture I had laying around(its basically flour-like in consistency).

I'm in a bit of a funk. Was working at a client's office yesterday afternoon. Knew I didn't have enough time to finish everything, so I planned to go in first thing this morning. Had to reroute to another client to take care of a mini-crisis. On the way over to the first client, I got call from someone there telling me to not bother coming over today.

Turns out that a disgruntled customer came in and blew out Troy's brains all over the conference room wall. Kinda glad I got diverted to the other client.

I thought that reading pyro and looking at a few shell videos would take my mind off things, but I still drift back. Left yesterday razzing him about having a cup of coffee waiting for me or I'd be in a pissy mood.

Oh well. I'll just give my kids some extra hugs at bedtime. Drives home the fragility of existence. Peace.