APC Forum

Occasional depression thread

Pretty green flame

That is a generalization of sorts. If these will cause you to see things that you don't want to then they would be far less "popular". Can they? They certainly can but these are not the effects experienced by everyone. I have heard many stories from users who have described good and bad trips. One gentleman in particular managed to kick it because he was severely afraid of a repeat bad trip, so you're right in saying that those are some of the psychological effects. This was after multiple uses however, and thus like I said saying that they will cause those effects isn't entirely accurate in so touchy a subject.

Ok I see what your saying. So I was generalizing but I was still correct to an extant.

Lets break this down shall we?

I know what you mean. (Kind of but never knew someone that overdosed.) I hate the people that are like God gross weed and stuff like that when I've seen pictures of people just pumping chemical of God knows what in to it. I also think its ridiculous when people say "You can't get addicted to it" in reality you can; not a physical addiction but a psychological addiction.

I'd say of all the drugs around, weed is generally one of the less harmless and "purer" ones. There are some people who add addictive substances into it, but these are a very small majority. I would like to see some of these pictures of "pumping chemicals into weed". You don't mean fertilizer, do you?

Then meth and X put holes in you brain. Its terrible,

It takes excessive use to cause permanent brain damage of this sort. Extacy specifically is somewhat of a grey area. There is definatly a distinction between the chemical putting holes into ones brain than activities one engages in while on said drugs. A good amount of the stuff I've read indicates that it is the overheating while at raves and such, and not drinking enough water is what is the culprit for the holes in ones brain forming. Somewhat more of a long shot, but it's like saying LSD causes you to die from impact on the ground.

LSD and PCP will make you see things that you don't want to see. Like if you did take LSD or PCP you could see something crawling around under your skin, grab a knife and stab yourself trying to get it out.

For someone who wants to use it, LSD is generally a profoundly positive experience. The "bad trips" you report are somewhat rare, and often enough to make one quit. You didn't mention it, but mescaline is a in the same class here. There are indeed horror stories, but the frequency of this happening is VERY rare. Again, it's about the equivalent of you saying that driving a car will result in you dying in a horrible firing accident.

here are kids in the place I live overdose on "Cheese" its Black Tar heroin and Tylonal PM. Horrible stuff.

Well, the fact that they're doing heroin in the first place is bad enough. The main problem comes with the variable purity of the black tar variety. The other components really regulate the metabolic activity of the substance. The active ingredient in tylenol PM, Diphenhydramine, accentuates the effects. With variable purity, and the addition of an enhancing substance can become very dangerous. With the introduction of fentanyl into some of the heroin supply makes me even more wary of it. I think that is mainly a component in the white asian and south american product though.

God damnit, the price of KNO3 from my supplier went up more than 150%, from 95€ per 50kg to 235 per 50kg, CRAP! :angry:

April is always an interesting month for me. My birthday is on the 25th and my dad's was on the 26th. The last time I ever saw him alive was the day after my 14th birthday. I got the news of his death about two weeks later. He had died of congestive heart failure alone at the house he was taking care of for a friend. They had found him about a week later and the combination of a sealed room and summer heat had greatly sped up the decomposition. It was a very bad scene or so I've been told.

I'm thankful that I never saw him in death because I'll always remember him as he was that last day I saw him. Not as a lifeless corpse.

As a young adult I keep running into situations that I wish he was there for. He'll never help me choose a first car and we'll never sip beers on the porch and talk about the future. He never saw me graduate from high school, I'll never get to introduce him to my girlfriend or fiance. He'll never get to hold his grandchildren. he'll just be a memory and a lot of "could have beens"

I think he would have been proud of the career I'm working towards. But he won't get to see me complete it. He won't get to say "That's my son!" when I ride by on a fire truck.

Yeah, april is always one of those months for me.

Really sorry about your dad... Always hard to loose sombody, especially a close family member...

• 2 weeks later...
My freaking parents threw away all of my firework stuff!!! Chemicals, tools, and shells! I have almost nothing left. I retrieved the tools, shells and some of the chemicals that didn't open from the trash. But still. That was and act of war. God I can't wait till I get to leave...

That's crazy - what if they inadvertently made flash or something in the trash can?!

My freaking parents threw away all of my firework stuff!!! Chemicals, tools, and shells! I have almost nothing left. I retrieved the tools, shells and some of the chemicals that didn't open from the trash. But still. That was and act of war. God I can't wait till I get to leave...

Wow... I guess your parents don't want you making fireworks.. My parents would never throw chemicals in the bin.. after a small incident that happened when they did let me just say a few words: NaClO3+S in the trash= A pretty yellow flame in the kitchen...

I'm like a guy with no ciggarettes.

I have not done anything for a few weeks now. I got no KNO3 cause I don't got the fucking time to drive for 1 hour to get it cause I got paperwork up the ass. I only got 300grams charcoal, 500grams Sulfur. WOW man that's ALOT! Jesus Christ I read so much and I don't do anything. I sit here with a Freshly built Electric Igniter and a wheel ready to have fountains and fancy stuff to be attached. But I can't do anything. SIGH Hate at Work + Commitments.

I got hit by a car coming home from work.

Someone hit me from behind and my motorcycle went over on top of me. I slid about fifteen feet at 55mph with my left leg trapped under it. Some guys in a truck lifted it off of me, someone handed me the contents of my backpack, then I walked over to the side of the road and waited for the CHP.

My laptop was skidding along the highway with me and it's fine too. I'm writing this on it from the comfort of my bed. I am however sore as fuck. Gotta love full on race gear though because it really saved my bacon.

Hmmm... lets see what happens with the insurance though. But I'm fully covered so that shouldn't be an issue.

Unfortunately this means I'll have to sell the bike. I promised myself that I would sell it if I ever crashed again. It's not worth the risk of being seriously injured or dying because I like to ride.

I've bit the road twice before. Once when there was gravel in a turn and the second when I hit an oil slick. This makes three and that means I have to sell it. Oh well.

Wow... sorry for you man.. Good thing that nothing happened to you, and to the laptop.Jees, and yet we do pyrotechnics, It's so more dangerous than riding a bike, and yet...

Wow... sorry for  you man.. Good thing that nothing happened to you, and to the laptop.Jees, and yet we do pyrotechnics, It's so more dangerous than riding a bike, and yet...

Glad you are OK !

Wow... sorry for you man.. Good thing that nothing happened to you, and to the laptop.Jees, and yet we do pyrotechnics, It's so more dangerous than riding a bike, and yet...

I beg to differ. In pyrotechnics its your own fault if you mess up so you can take precautions and feel confident in your own abilities. On a bike you can't help the dumbfuck who doesn't see you and subsequently hits you.

Jacob. I was failing math, and school is almost over. They say they just want me to succeed where it mattered. Just because they dont think fireworks matter doesnt mean they dont... I got most of my stuff back. They kept most of the stuff in their closet, I just freaked when so much of it was in the trash... I ended up really only loosing a few tubes. I came home during my free period at school (I live a mile away and I can drive), and got all my chems. My parents were to dumb to open them then poor them out. A few tubes were crushed but thats it. This should all blow over when school ends. I now have a high be in math and I'm already reviewing for the final which should drop my one horrible test grade (42). All in all, I should get an "A", and my parents will have to stop bitching.

Wow... sorry for  you man.. Good thing that nothing happened to you, and to the laptop.Jees, and yet we do pyrotechnics, It's so more dangerous than riding a bike, and yet...

I beg to differ. In pyrotechnics its your own fault if you mess up so you can take precautions and feel confident in your own abilities. On a bike you can't help the dumbfuck who doesn't see you and subsequently hits you.

Yeah, your right...I just hate when a fucking truck just passes like 10cm from your leg, and then the wind hits you, and you have to watch out really carefully not to hit the other guy behind.. Anyway, hope you recover quickly..

Glad to hear it's working out, parents are definitely people you want on your side in pyro (and everything really)

I know there's a lot of younger people on this board. I'm not, I'm 46, I've got kids in college and HS, and I wish to God they wanted to do Pyro. All they want to do is COMPUTERS COMPUTERS COMPUTERS. The internet can be the Devil in peoples' lives.

High-schoolers - the drill is standard. If the grades and responsibilities don't stay up and get done, then the parent is going to yank the perks like your pyro hobby. Trust me, when you're a parent, you'll do the same thing. It's the normal and responsible action.

Far and away the best path to travel is to get the grades, be a decent person morally, and interact with your parents and explain the benefits of this hobby - a sound and surprisingly deep understanding of chemsitry and science in general, that can lead to a career. Hopefully they'll see the benefits, see you behaving responsibly with the fireworks you engineer, and they'll approve.

Thank you guys for caring and well wishing.

The morning after I was sore enough to be thinking about going to the hospital and getting some painkillers but I ended up having brunch with a friend instead. By the time we had parted ways I was feeling a lot better and not limping nearly as badly. This evening I was able to walk around almost like normal.

I think I'll go to work tomorrow and make up the work I missed. A friend has agreed to drive me to class on Friday, though next semester might be a little harder to find a ride for.

The person who hit me gave me a call today. They were freaked, worried that I was seriously injured. I told them that I was doing remarkably well considering and that nothing was broken. I was very civil.

It turned out that the woman who turned into me(the one I avoided) was an elderly lady. She didn't stop but he got a make and model of the car. I'll have to see about getting that information to the insurance company.

Things are going to be rather interesting for the next week or so. Back to life without wheels I guess.

I am depressed but also very happy. I went to court today and I don't have to pay a dime (except for court fees which is $64.00) but I do have to go to a "Fire Safety Class." Its kind of funny because I've encountered things that some of the kids in there will only dream of (not to good to boast about though.)

Why I'm depressed is I don't get anything back. I don't even get my un used 4" mortar back which blows and no fuse but I can understand all of it. Still sucks and what sucks even more is I'm putting on a small show for my church out in the sticks on private property (its legal) and I have to make black match :angry: I hate that stuff its so messy. I have enough fuse for maybe one 3" shell and a couple fountains and comets. (Way to short for shells though.)

I'm just really bummed about my 4" mortar though.

I'm putting on a small show for my church out in the sticks on private property (its legal) and I have to make black match :angry: I hate that stuff its so messy. I have enough fuse for maybe one 3" shell and a couple fountains and comets. (Way to short for shells though.)

You got caught and your just doing it again? regardless of whose property it is if you don't have s permit you can't make black powder or shells or fountains PERIOD.

At least here in the U.S. making fireworks for the most part is completely legal. You cannot however, store any made devices legally without a permit. Case in point is that don't think that what you are doing is ever going to be legal unless you are licensed. Whether it violates county, state, or federal laws it WILL violate at least one if not all three.

Add into the fact that he is under 18, and there is nothing legal about it.