APC Forum

Random Thread #1

Rooster

No, the Banaca canister is stored inside the handle, remove end cap and put it in there. To make it function you put a spray of Banaca in the film can, put the film can in place and then press the ignitor. They're a lot of fun, I used to sell them, but I stoped, don't know why I stoped.

Is there interest in these? They are fully assembled as seen in the picture.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention, it gives a satisfying bang/pop, not too loud for inside the house and unless your neighbor is the peeping through windows/sitting on the other side of the fence listening type, certainly not too loud for outside. It shoots the film can about ~25' in any direction, accurate for what it is.

Breaking the movie discussion :)

Just almost finished my fresh new nascar roller, It only took 2 dyas to build and about 1$ cost (only some nails).

http://hozt.net/video.php?vid=20060213220305952048.wmv

It's night in here now so you can't see the cores rolling inside

BTW, do you think 40 RPM for a 56 OD wheel is too fast? the cores jump inside but they don't jump out of the wheel.

40 rpm is really fast for such tire, but as long as the stars stay inside the tire and follow a somewhat regular motion, you shouldn't have any problems. I made the same roller last week and it seems to work well.

I dunno, 40 rpm isn't that bad, it's not that fast. That's less than 1 revolution per second on a BIG 56" tire. Wait a second, are youtalking about a 56" tire or are you talking in them there foreign counting units, I think they call em metric?

Ya, them foreign numbers get me every time. 22" you say huh. So that's about ~20" ID. That's still not too fast (hehe same as a 56" tire). Why don't you put a dimmer switch on the motor so you can adjust the speed? Just make sure the dimmer you buy has enough watts for your motor.

Gotta love NG headaches in the evening, eh? I finaly made some NG, I used 100 Ml's of H2SO4, 50g of KNO3 and ~10 Ml's of Glycerin. I dont have the final product dry, and I dont know exactly how much I got, It is roughly 9 Ml's. Not the best yeild but it was me first try, at any semi decent amount, besides 1 ml. I will conduct tests in about 1 week, when it is dry.

So over the weekend I was going to make some go getters. I had all the chems out and ready, but then I spose I got sidetracked. I decided to make some waterfalls! Just tested one with three engines and it was quite nice. It did look like a mini waterfall and sounded like rushing water. I must say I liked it very much!

So now I need to buckle down and get to those go getters. Or I could just try a Ti fall :ph34r:

I was going to use UN's red and green comp filled in some of the 2 1/4" tubes with a 3/4" diameter. I would use your tubes if I could freaking place an order but GD paypal won't work! And I don't like snailmail too much either...

Always use what's available easiest. LOL, I'm not exactly a salesman here horking my wares to everyone and I don't get offended if someone doesn't buy their supplies from me.

Are you going to be using the go getters in a shell or just on the ground? I always liked the idea of a go getter shell with a bunch of dragon eggs in it.

I really hated SAW. I hate all horror movies though, and therefore rarely watch them. My last GF loved them, and when we were at the cinema, I didn't actually get spooked by the scenes themselves, but by her screaming. We are not together anymore. :ph34r:

Nah, just kidding. She was cool but lived far away when I went to uni.

Thing is, I think horror movies are either boring or fucking scary. And even when they are fucking scary, I do not have any "good" feelings about it. Call me a pussy. Action or comedy is a much better waste of time!

Yeah, my setiments exactly. My girl doesn't mind them, actually kinda likes them. I just watch them so I have an excuse to latch on to her during parts where it tends to make me levitate due to... scarieness. My imagination is also extremely vivid, so that doesn't help things. I cannot say, it was just a movie. I can say. Hmm, its possible, and I will not sleep.

Action or comedy indeed!

BigBang: Come on man. It's 8 above over here and I just ran home in shorts.

I'm kinda happy now.

I don't particularly enjoy horror movies, suspense I can sit through, "6th sense" was pushing my boundries, everytime I saw a dead person I started elaborating on the pain they felt as they slowely died, the worst one was the lady why slit her wrists and held em underwater because her husband beat her, he face looked horrid. I have an extremely vivid imagination, which isn't always a good thing. I love comedy (RED SKELTON!!!) and Military action( We Were Soldiers!!!!) is they way to go, something about Special operations(MacGyver!!!). 8 above is still warm! People around here think I am crazy because I outright REFUSE to put on pants for anything longher than shorts. except sunday, or working in my lab. I put on pants when working with HCl, or H2SO4. I run one mile everyday with a 50lb pack on(roughly standard military weight), in under 7 mins, and today it was through the snow and ice.

gotta keep it alive! :ph34r:

Ya, I don't get when people can't watch horror/scary movies for emotional reasons. Then again gore, real (to me or someone else) or fake, has never really bothered me. I don't like horror or scary movies though. I think they're boring and generally lack a decent (to me) story, except maybe the Chucky series.

IMO "The Seed Of Chucky" is the Queerest movie ever concieved.

Saw it at a friends place and now I cant be bothered to see the others. Most of the movie is more comedy than horror :blink:

IMO "The Seed Of Chucky" is the Queerest movie ever concieved.

Saw it at a friends place and now I cant be bothered to see the others. Most of the movie is more comedy than horror :blink:

Quite right, because as I mentioned I don't like horror/scary movies for the reasons stated in my previous post. Terribly bad is sometimes terribly funny, to me anyway.

I wouldn't say saw is a horror movie, I say it's rather a thriller(sp?). I don't like horror movies that much either. Exept classics(psycho).

My opinion too. Some of the movies you have to see because they are classics. Like the silence of the lambs. It is actually quite good, though scary. When I saw the exorsist the first time though, I laughed so much I almost pissed my pants. THAT was a bad movie. The effects were really bad, but I guess it was great in the 70's when it came.

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy bulk pot. perc, Sodium Sal., or pot. benz.? I want to stock up for my big rockets but I do not want to pay the high prices from skylighter, discountpyro, and firefox. There are a few upcoming open shoots around here and I know I am going to burn through a lot of chems. I do not get a chance to lite stuff up very often so when there is an open, legal shoot, I go all out. If anyone has any ideas or has experience with buying 20lbs or more please let me know.

Thanks,

I suggest you look into bulk amounts of chems then. I know people on this forum who have aquired barrels of perch. I would try a soap/candle making company for the benzoate. They mostly deal in Na benzoate, though. Perhaps some would have K benzoate, though I find it unlikely.

No help on your salicyclic salts. That was fun to say.

Anyone seen Lord of War? I just downloaded it so I decided I would ask...

Wow, the new forum looks great! I havn't posted here in a few months, due to whatever force pulls me towards totse BB...

Anyways, it has been over 2 months (should have shipped before xmas) since i placed an order at skylighter and nothing to show because of an error when some guy entered my name. So... nothing shipped. Now, finally it is on the way.

As for what i have been working on/thinking up/doing, ill try to keep too a minimum, touching on the good stuff.

* Thinking of synthing NaOH since if i did it with bulk ammounts of Ca(OH)2 and Na2CO3 it would be very cheap. (and i have none)

* Pour my 3000F mizzou castable refractory for my kiln/metal melting furnace (and find a very small drill bit for the propane burner)

* I Possibly found a product containing an abundance of NaNO2, though it seems somewhat to good to be true: Household_products_database

Yes, that would make it 99.7 percent NaNO2 after the volatiles escape. I can't believe it, perhaps someone can actually find this product and shake the can to see if powder is heard inside.

* Gathered some of the chemicals necissary for the synthesis of hydrazine sulfate and isopropyl nitrite, with azides and azo-clathrate mainly in mind.

* Got a 2L erlenmeyer flask

* I electronicly (heated wire) detted a single solid AP crystal that i grew in the bottom of a test tube for a couple weeks, it was about the size of half of a marble, very loud.

* And i got around to working more on my apparatus that i plan to use to synthesize a little SCl2 for N4S4, though i still need to make the excess Cl2 absorber train...

Thats about it... eh this post is going to be a little choppy...

If anyone in the UK would be interested in purchasing some Chinese 1/16" visco, or plastic/kraft quickmatch for a fair price (Way under £1/M), please contact me via PM.

It's war lord.

I preffer it my way.

Ya, Lord of War is a good movie. It's also supposedly based on a true story. Most of it is preitty true, as far as what he goes through to smuggle weapons. Wish I was in some of those weapons cache's.

Ja, all of the AK's floating around after the cold war about makes me have a wet dream. Not to mention any other weapons...

I liked it.

A lot.

Pretty neat.

I want an AK.

Hockey's almost over, this means I will be chemistrying(a word? it is now) and making pyro stuff like a man gone insane. Which is what I am.

Well, Swany, good luck on your insanoness. I think I shall stay away from N. Dakota for a while :ph34r:

I am sorry to say that I haven't seen anything but the commercials for that movie. Just have to much crap going on that I usually don't see movies till a year after they're out.

AKs are very fun to shoot. I was going to get one but, I bought, not sure, been a few years. I did shoot some FBI guy's at the range I went to in Texas. It was gas operated, felt like shooting a .22. Very nice weapon.

Heh, George, what an arse. Makes kilo mad. Kilo_G smash, Kilo_G smash!