APC Forum

Random Thread #1

Rooster

Hey guys Im off to canada tomorrow and wil arrive today or somehing funky like that hope everyone has a good time while Im gone. lol what an awsome member number I have heh so childish :P

Remeber Pont if you start getting the shakes there will always be a nearby icafe to satisfy your APC forum cravings :) Have fun. My image of canada is a rushing river with a giant white bear scooping for the water full of slamon.

:blink:

.....Draco, until someone can prove otherwise, your now the true king of absolute random. God I love reading the random thread! :D

My ex-GF filmed those movies with this camera: IXUS 50

The movies came out very nice. Here is the D1 glitter movie for those who haven't seen it:

3" spherical D1 glitter

I've stubmled across it earlier and it definitely is a nice shell. Could you give me some specs about the shell? Paper/plastic, burst, booster etc. I'd really appreciate it!

Out of curiosity, would you guys be interested in having competitions started up again? We'd allow anything made for new years and on. 3 months was too short last time. I was thinking anything shot between Jan 1st and June 30th. Then July 1st and Dec. 31. So for this current one, we'd allow things shot in the recent past.

Draco: :D HAHAHAHA I laughed at that for like hours!! That was abaolutely the most randomn thing I've ever seen even for the "randomn" thread!!!!

These links arn't saved to favorites or anything.... theyre actuially really randomn links... Like for the old APC Forum...but not the homepage it was a page where I failed to log in and one that opens the pyrotechnics section! Another link is the video of roosters shell when it was hosted in Chaz's site..... What I mean is like in the top bar where I type URL's, if I put in so many letters it will come up with history things that appear.....don't know how to explain but I think you know what I mean....

Here are the three pages that won't erase:

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/apcforum/ind...=&action=login2

http://www.xsorbit2.com/users/apcforum/ind...i?board=general

http://www.infernolabs.co.uk/files/rooster...et-2inch-D1.avi

Rooster, that is your shell? It's fantastic! None shy of the work of a pro, congratulations!

As Chris said, what are the specs of the shell? (star type/burst charge)

Out of curiosity, would you guys be interested in having competitions started up again? We'd allow anything made for new years and on. 3 months was too short last time. I was thinking anything shot between Jan 1st and June 30th. Then July 1st and Dec. 31. So for this current one, we'd allow things shot in the recent past.

In short.... YES!

My ex-GF filmed those movies with this camera: IXUS 50

The movies came out very nice. Here is the D1 glitter movie for those who haven't seen it:

3" spherical D1 glitter

Nice shell ! Add me to the list of impressed persons. Now... tell us your secrets. I need to know what your burst charge was.... <beg>PUHLEEEEEAZE?</beg>

I also was impressed when he showed it a while ago. If I recall it was alder bp on rice crispies with a 1-2 gram flash bag in a plastic shell? I could be wrong though.

Shells like that one should be shown more often at fireworks displays in Australia. Im sick and tired of 2" strobe stars being shown at my local displays. Honestly, they spend $1000s on heaps of small shells and sometimes were lucky enough to get a 3" chrisanthium finale. :angry:

So draco, first kangaroos and now singing Japanese thinks, you are the random king!

And why don't you see if you can put some of your shells in a show? Here, I know a guy who, if I want to, will let me put some shells in the county show. I might have to sneak something good in :ph34r:

I just can't get over the little ninja!

Thats great! Where I live that would never be allowed. With insurance, nobody would touch a handmade shell, especially if it was made by someone without a lisence. I am keen to meet the local pyrotechnicians though so I will see.

PS- I might add a few links of randomness at the bottom of some of my posts in random thread.

http://www.rathergood.com/blode/

Nazi crab???? hahaha that was good. The ending there was like an eplieptic's nigtmare. Why does every one relate Rammstein to evil Nazis?

Anyone know the ratios for "Dixon Flitter" It's a KNO3/Al one I cant seem to find it and I keep getting an error when I try and look it up.

EDIT: Figured I'd just pin it here, Where is a good place to get 3" and 4" plastic hemis to ship international?

Mephisto you can get them at cannonfuse.com pyrocreations.com and some other sites. As long as you dont buy any fuse or novelty fireworks yhey will ship internationally.

Looks like the Air Force is for me. :D

I take my ASVAB today, which is a test that measures you in four different category's. Word knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Arithmetic Reasoning, and Mathematics Knowledge. All sections have a time limit and you get as much done as you can with in that.

I hope to score around an 80, my goal is to be either Missile and Space Systems Electronics Maintenance, Aerospace Propulsion, or Aircraft Electrical and Environmental Systems. So basically something that involves something that goes in the sky and the electronics of it.

If I decide to go through with it, which I'm sure I will in some form, I'll leave for basic the end of July or beginning of April. So I'll just have to put on a really really good fireworks show for the 4th considering it will be the last encounter with fireworks for at least a year. So far to get ready for basic I run every morning at 6am, usually for 30min around my hood. Then I come home and workout, focusing on push-ups and sit-ups.

I just hope I don't screw myself with my score on the ASVAB preventing me on getting the job I want. Wish me luck ;)

Just a random question,

Does any one had any problem with the passfire way of making black match?

I made several batches using 3 hours mealed BP with 10% dextrine, they all got really thin layer of BP on them. After they are dry they don't burn continuity and when they burn they make white blobs of KNO3.

I tried using less water then what passfire use but it still don't burn good enogh.

Any suggestions?

How does the meal burn on it's own? Also, perhas try using less dextrin. 10% is a lot. Try 5%. One more thing is to use a smaller amount of string with the same batch of BP size. You can always add more string to soak up the BP. Perhaps it's just not getting the surface contact it needs. What are you using to size the BP, if anything? This would have a large impact.

The meal burns very well on its self, and I got almost 800 gram of BP with 10% dextrine, next time I will use less but now I wana use this batch. ^_^

Wait a minute, maybe I didn't understood passfire good enogh.

Do I need to use enogh string to absorbs all the BP slurry I made? I thought it won't be any problem if some will remain for another day, for another batch.

And I don't use anything to size the fuse, it's already got thin layer and I dont want it to be any thinner.

The meal burns very well on its self, and I got almost 800 gram of BP with 10% dextrine, next time I will use less but now I wana use this batch. ^_^

Wait a minute, maybe I didn't understood passfire good enogh.

Do I need to use enogh string to absorbs all the BP slurry I made? I thought it won't be any problem if some will remain for another day, for another batch.

And I don't use anything to size the fuse, it's already got thin layer and I dont want it to be any thinner.

You do not need to absorb all of the BP slurry, however, the left over slurry is inferior for re-use, because the cotton string will wick up the soluble KNO3, leaving the leftover BP low in oxidizer.

The BP should not just be in a thin layer on the outside of the string, it should penetrate within the fibers of the string.

An 800 gram batch of good BP will probably make more blackmatch than most people use in a year :)