APC Forum

Random Thread #1

Rooster

Man I can't stand these stupid hippies. All they everdo is whine about stuff and smoke pot. If they did a few things fine they wouldn't be so retarded. But all they do is bitch and sit around.

I think Chris and I have....different.....outlooks. <_< -_-

Hehe - thanks for the interesting read :D . Those MS paint diagrams and the way the whole article (if I can call it that) was written make it quite obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about...

"Ever wanted at least the feeling that you were the only person to hike a stretch of beach in a while??" :huh:

Strange guy.

The worst thing is I found that link at the bottom of "pyrotechnics" in Wikipedia -_-

Take a Stand Against Fireworks:

Write or call your local or state officials and tell them your concerns regarding outdoor air pollution from fireworks.

The Clean Air Act permits state and local governments to enact laws relating to the prevention and control of outdoor air pollution

Boycott outdoor fireworks displays and educate others on the pollution dangers from fireworks.

ummmmmmmm....NO THANKS ;)

Come 'boycott" come of my shoots....I DARE you :ph34r:

You know, you can edit wikipedia. You should probably take it out and put in a link to the PGI and the fireworks foundation, you know the correct view point. Ah yes, good old bias. ;)

We should all shoot him an email and tell him how much of it is bullshit. And that in comparison to the factory that made his fucking toothbrush, fireworks put out little pollution.

He's just an ignorant ass, plain and simple. If someone lives near him, go shoot a 4incher on his block, just to piss him off, but make sure he's on his bong so he gets busted, and not you :P

My latest batch of bp was quite nice. A 20 gram pile of meal lit on computer paper, burnt so fast the paper it was on just had a brown coat, not even smoldering.

I desided to clean my media, but first I made them into a pile. I passed my torch over them, and it was fun. I was using fishing weits at the time, with open holes, so they caught. They produced about a hundred odd jets of flame, just like mini fountains. How fun!

Man...I'm really getting mad with my camera!! It hates fireworks..... Lets see what it does.....

1. Makes low quality videos

2. makes everything look dim, especially in videos

3. Absolutely won't video chrysanthemums

4. Tonight I tried red stars.... it won't video them either...

Tjhe only dang thing that shows up on this camera is Streamer stars and really bright things!!

Pyrohawk,

What model camera do you have? Have you tried messing with all the settings in order to capture your work? All I can suggest is reading up the manual and seeing if there is something you have missed, even the cheapest rerent model digicam should be able to capture some satisfactory firework shots.

shit.. i dont feel good... I just accidntaly breathed in some kind of smoke i think it was hexamine and something else.. shit does anyone know what to do it feels like i have baseballs in my lungs i had my respirator on and everythoing fuck

Get a FujiFilm S602Zoom and all of your problems will vanish. They're preitty affordable now somewhere in the $250 to $375 range. It takes high quality video's with sound, it got all kinds of do dads on it... I don't really know how to do anythign with it except take pictures, take pictures of small things (not good with that) and take video's.

You want a camera with 4 to 6 megapixels. 6 would probably be better (the model I mentioned, mine, has 6).

how much of what did you breathe in? What were you doing?

i had some firestarter and i think it had hexamine in it i was trying some different ways to get it out and i burnt something and it smoked a peice the size of like a goldfishcracker went in flames and i fucking breathed in by accident thru my respirator and now i feel fucked.,

Do you have asthma?

Have a room temperature drink of water, take deep breaths, not short shallow ones.

Does it feel burning, swollen, scratched?

EDIT: The feeling of the 'lumps' means that you have burned your lungs, breathing should return to normal, minimal permanent damage. ^_^

no asthma but they feel heavy like they have lumps ew that sounds gross thanks for the adivce dracko

Ya, mine is of the FinePix series also, it is esencially the same as the 550 except the 550 is more compact than mine. You won't go wrong with that 550. Just make sure whatever you do don't buy used/remanufactured. Make sure to ask if it is either of those. You never know what kind of abortion it can be.

shit.. i dont feel good... I just accidntaly breathed in some kind of smoke i think it was hexamine and something else.. shit does anyone know what to do it feels like i have baseballs in my lungs i had my respirator on and everythoing fuck

Zep! you need to get to a doctor fast, or your balls are gonna shrivle down to the size of peanuts!!

Not to mention haveing a major operation to get the baseballs out!

Hahahah, dont freak him out. He wont die, or need any op's....for another 20years :P

Now, when you say respirator what do you mean. Do you mean dust mask? Even the ones used for painting arn't a great deal better than the paper ones if the filters are not fresh. In anycase, burning hexamine would give off ammonia and formaldehyde. Your respirator, no matter how good you think it is will stop those. They could indeed cause some lung irritation.

Whenever I inhale something that doesn't like internal membranes I walk around outside for 20 min or so and breath deeply.

Now, when you say respirator what do you mean. Do you mean dust mask? Even the ones used for painting arn't a great deal better than the paper ones if the filters are not fresh. In anycase, burning hexamine would give off ammonia and formaldehyde. Your respirator, no matter how good you think it is will stop those. They could indeed cause some lung irritation.

Whenever I inhale something that doesn't like internal membranes I walk around outside for 20 min or so and breath deeply.

Actually, a good organic vapor cartidge would stop those. The closest I've come to a pyro accident was when the ammonia odor of an ammonium perchlorate / Mg reaction was masked by my respirator ( admittedly the cartridges were new that day )... It wasn't until I felt my just packed lances heating up to the point of being uncomfortable to hold ( in about 1 minute ), that I took off the mask, and the smell hit me, it was like a foul cat litter-box. I'd have been better off without the mask that day, because I would have smelled it happening a lot sooner.

As it was, the lances were thin tubes, and the reaction stopped as they dried ( fast due to the heat ), I rigged up a lean-to shed of panelling outdoors for them to dry. If this had been a large mass of comp in a container, who knows what could have happened.

Zeppelin, I hope you feel better. I think the long term effects of hexamine ( or the formaldehyde decomposition product ) may be over hyped. I've known medical people who worked with formalin thier entire careers without coming down with cancer.

On the lighter side... it's OK for you to smoke heavily now, because it's not going to hurt you any worse than this is :rolleyes: ( just kidding !)

I thought that the ammonia molecule was too small for any filter to capture it, i guess now i know better.

Errhem...

AO Safety (a maker of variouse contruction safety products) P-100 resperator filters (and any other P-100 rated filters) are rated by NIOSH as being able to stop ammonia vapors (you may know P-100 filters better as "asbestose" filters). From personal experience it also stops rubbing alcohol vapors.

As far as Formaldehyde goes I have no idea.

Formaldehyde is carciogenic.

It's also conferted to formic acid in your body, altough I'm not sure if that happens when breathing it, but be carefull with it...

Frozentech's experience is why I use a respirator (not a dust mask) that traps most of the bad VOC's and chem particles, EXCEPT ammonia.

I *WANT* to be able to smell ammonia anytime I use it. So far, I've stayed away from mixes that can heat to ignition, but that will change this Summer, and then I'll have the ability to catch a runaway reaction. I tested this with household ammonia, and I smelled it just fine....

M