APC Forum

Random Thread #1

Rooster

Any one know why all the strobe compositions are using MgAl? is there any way I can use Mg\Al dry powders mixed togather for say "Bleser #26"? (or any other strobe with no AP)

Hmmmm...just read on shoutwire that the point of no return has been reached for global warming. Which means all the predicted affects such as erratic weather patterns, rising sea levels and all that is going to happen, no matter what we do. Some people say the scientists are talking out the wrong hole, but I for one think its true. I hope I live till I'm 25. Scary ain't it?

I personally think that Global warming is totaly horseshit. If you look back at historic weather trends, the temperatures fluctuate naturally. What we have now is nothing to be worried about as far as I'm concerned. Things move on a cyclical structure. The earth will not burn itself or anything like that. I'm not saying that the extra CO2 or other things in the air is helping anything, but I hardly think it is the cause of anything either. Scientists act like all the CO2 we produce just sits in the atomosphere. The percentage of CO2 in the air has not risen to any measureable degree as far as I know. The plants of the world are more than capable of fixing all that CO2 and then some more.

The earth has experienced warm and cold stages since its existence. The ice age, then a warming period, and then a small ice ige in the middle ages where the average temperature dropped 7 or so degrees F. We are just on the teeter-totter towards the warm side. I say enjoy it while we have the warmth, because the next cold period is coming soon. In a few thousand years. :D

I just wrote a tutorial on pull ignition, my fingers hurt and my eyes are tired. I shoulda submited it to the info pool. Oh well. Why are you still reading this? Go read the tutorial.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8331385636053873335

My new Goal. If I ever get the chance to go to America, this is the place I would most like to see! Making fireworks in the day and launching em at night, forget all my problems :)

Noticed alot of American flags though, I'll have to bring a big tent withthe Australian flag printed on it, a haven for all aussies :D (Tom and Po can come too) :P

Yo Chaz (or anyother mod) what's up with the file host when i try to upload a vid i get a white screen with 2 words written on it " Invalid referrer.".

What's up.

It doesn't like you :P . I was wondering how many of you electrically fire your shells. Is it worth it to buy a roll of low quality speaker wire and use it as basically the quick match lead? So you have something to lower the shell into the mortar with, and then hook it up to the main line coming out of the firing system when you are ready to launch.

It doesn't like you :P . I was wondering how many of you electrically fire your shells. Is it worth it to buy a roll of low quality speaker wire and use it as basically the quick match lead? So you have something to lower the shell into the mortar with, and then hook it up to the main line coming out of the firing system when you are ready to launch.

That makes me sad, and it looks like Zippyvideos don't like me either, makes me very sad :(

About the electrical shell firing, well i did it once, didn't like it. Still prefer the adrenaline of hand firing the shell. Light....RUN.....BANG

I personally think that Global warming is totaly horseshit.

Nice to hear someone else shares my views on this subject : P

Global warming - what a load of shite. Anyone who actually knows what they're talking about will tell you the same.

Hey Chaz; did you get any of me recent PMs/posts regarding ukvisco.com?

Ill try to sum up what i have been reading/thinking on latly.

I have been looking at many guanidine nitrate and possible precursur related synths, yet again hampered by urea and/or NaOH, though some paths may be possible... they require more research on my part before i can even consider them... a route to tetracene from cyanamide has also been considered a little too.

I read some more on perchlorates and have been thinking of hexamethylene diperchlorate and hydrazine diperchlorate from barium perchlorate and hydrazine sulfate. Among others.

I also read a bit more about HDN and a precursur for HMX or RDX that can be made from it, DPT. Very cool, ill have to read some more on this and possibly make a bit more HDN to actually try it.

KClO3 - 38

Sr(NO3)2 - 38

Charcoal - 12

Parlon - 2

Red Gum - 6

Dextrin - 4

I wanted to know if i could replace the KClO3 with KClO4. I just wanted to know because I got a new batch of chems and I wanted to make red. I have KClO4 and KClO3 (I just don't want to deal with the sulfur incompatibility for now), Strontium Nitrate, Parlon, Red Gum, Dextrin, BP chems, Copper(II) Oxide, German Al. I managed to make a Blue with one of konkling's formulas. I looked through wouter vissers formulary and the pfp database. I couldn't find a red formula that could be made with what I have. Most of them need strontium Carbonate.

I spose it might work, but you'll need more chlorine in it(more parlon) to make up for the amount lost. I spose you should give it a try, can't hurt.

I broke down and got the rock tumbler, going now.... :ph34r:

Woot woot, 1500th post of the forum :lol:

Big Bang Good Idea but I guess I would Have to do something about that extra oxygen atom as well. If it wasn't for the Red Gum atleast it could have been figured out stoichiometrically.

Global warming... not sure if I'm being close minded, but I was under the impression that global warming was widely accepted as a correct theory, rather than a debate. Since I have done no research on it I'm not in a position to give a credible argument, so I'll just say I thought it was genuine.

Pretty green flame, are you using some kind of security software, like an anonymiser? The script checks that the file was uploaded from our site, rather than someone elses, possibly the program you're using (if you are) is blocking that information from being sent?

Optimus, I'll write you a PM now.

I think the fact of global warming is pretty much accepted. The average temperature is increasing. The polar ice caps show this, as does just temperature trends. The 1800's were very cold. The freezing of the river thames was used as an indication. It hadn't froze in a while until the 1820's. Then it froze occasionally for a while, by the 1860-1890's, it froze almost yearly. Now, the freezing is back on the decline. I'm sure you would know about that better than I. This was the example we used when we talked about it in my theoretical physics class.

Just the reason is debated. Some say it is the hole on the ozone layer, some say it's the CO2, and "green house" gases. I say it is just a natural cycle. Interestingly enough, there are a lot of people in the science community that hold the same belief. Media and enviromental activists adopted the greenhouse gas thing as a means to further their causes. The thing about CO2 is there are more than enough plants in the world to fix all of it, and then some more. Just for people unfamiliar with the process, fixing CO2 is the process the plants use to absorb CO2, and expell O2.

Alot of it is attributed to people with powerful political influence telling downright bullshit lies. Like the scientists that wanted to ban medications etc...with chlorine in it. Except over 75 % or something like that have chlorine. Political lies are the reason why this country (USA) doesn't have much nuclear power as well. The US government actually believed at one point that with one small miscaculation a nuclear powerplant could detonate and go A-bomb.

Some of this is fact, and some is my oppinion. If I am wrong please correct me, but to my knowledge a nuclear powerplant can not go supercritical and detonate because you would need to shoot neutrons into the supercritical plutonium to cause detonation.

Another misconception is that nuclear power has a substantial death rate, and waste production. Compare how much waste and accident related deaths are caused/produced in nuclear powerplant in comparison to a coal plant.

Why should global warming be any different? Its " fact " is influenced by governments and media for sure.

I won't even touch theories behind evolution or creation or whatever. This is after all a pyrotechnics forum. A whole forum could be dedicated to evolution vs creationism/intelligent design.

Global warming IS a fact, just not all it's cracked upto be. If you want to be technical, scientists have just really said that it is there, and is growing. This is a fact, as shown by everything going on now (like all these freaking hurricanes hitting ME!) Still, it is a natural process, never denied by RESPECTED scientists.

So, that cover that for now. BTW, I was looking at the moderation page and saw apcadmin. Is that someone or just a creation, used to start the forum?

Valid point BigBang. The reason I stated " fact " is because of how it has been manipulated and twisted for whatever purpose.

I think the fact of global warming is pretty much accepted.  The average temperature is increasing.  The polar ice caps show this, as does just temperature trends.  The 1800's were very cold.  The freezing of the river thames was used as an indication.  It hadn't froze in a while until the 1820's.  Then it froze occasionally for a while, by the 1860-1890's, it froze almost yearly.  Now, the freezing is back on the decline.  I'm sure you would know about that better than I.  This was the example we used when we talked about it in my theoretical physics class.

Just the reason is debated.  Some say it is the hole on the ozone layer, some say it's the CO2, and "green house" gases.  I say it is just a natural cycle.  Interestingly enough, there are a lot of people in the science community that hold the same belief.  Media and enviromental activists adopted the greenhouse gas thing as a means to further their causes.  The thing about CO2 is there are more than enough plants in the world to fix all of it, and then some more.  Just for people unfamiliar with the process, fixing CO2 is the process the plants use to absorb CO2, and expell O2.

Well, I think you and everyone else are wrong. I don't think there's any global warming or cycles at all.

I think (according to my calculations) that next Tuesday (March 7th) the Earth is going to collide with the sun and we're all gonna die. I personally won't miss a thing.

We'll see if I'm wrong.

Now remember kiddies, if you see someone with fireworks, spray the with pepper spray and say "No Means No!" LMAO

What a tree hugger, I think he needs to maybe, grow some balls! Can't take a bit of "radioactive" Br. :ph34r:

I would love to see how much radioactivity Barium compaired to say a magnet or the rays of the sun.

Quickly, everyone boycott the sun and tell your state representatives you want a giant umbrella put over the United States of America.

OR WE'LL ALL DIE FROM RADIOACTIVE DEATH RAYS!