APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Welcome aboard, Richard.

I have one good friend working for Disney in The Netherlands, and my family claims my surname is Dutch.

Lloyd

Now I'm very curious what your surname is ;)

Perhaps ive heard of it. there are lots of dutch people who moved to Canada and America since WW2.

Ive also family in both America and Canada.

Edited by redbullzuiper

Sponenburgh. They told me it meant "city of bridges", though I can't find any evidence of it.

But we've been in Ontario, Canada and in Montana USA since about 1917.

<grin>

Edited by lloyd

There is a seaside hill in Antarctica named Sponen which is translated as "shore" in the article. Burgh is town so there was a shore town somewhere in which ya'll began begatting!

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sponen

Okay... Tell me something. Why do you link a Swedish wikii page, and... How the HELL do you know what a Swedish wiki page says?

Makes sense, i guess.

Jag borde ha svarat på svenska och lämnade dig att gissa! ;)

Welcome, Derek. There is a great wealth of information in the thousands of topics and threads here at APC. Wonderful reading when you want information on particular topic. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful pyros too. You've come to a great place.

Very welcome Derek.

Jag borde ha svarat på svenska och lämnade dig att gissa! ;)

If you had, i would have known. As usual the translation is... less then perfect.

Heh! Mr. B... that's what you GET with "Google Translate".

I don't know any other languages except a 'military' version of Vietnamese, but I often note the "less than perfect" Google translations when going from other languages to American English!

:blink:

Lloyd

Edited by lloyd

Heh! Mr. B... that's what you GET with "Google Translate".

Yeah. But it can trick you from time to time. And, at least when you need to read things, most the time you can get an idea of what it tries to tell you.

I don't know any other languages except a 'military' version of Vietnamese,

I am sort of fluent in two languages. Swedish, and what ever this is.

Kick a fellah for trying why dontcha?

Yes! A fellah needs a good booting for trying, and failing!

Oh, wait, you didn't really try even... More booting required!

What was it she said....

These boots are made for walking.

And that's just what they'll do.

One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you…

Hey... Back then, i wasn't even born. But that 26 year old could have done all the walking she wanted over here... Aaaand i think i derailed this enough. Back to introductions i suppose.

I'm trying to learn Spanish so I can talk to the ladies but I've had no need to learn Snarkish. All those Nordic countries will be speaking Arabic soon so maybe I'll take a course in dead languages sometime on a lark.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

My name is Bob (bet you would have never guessed). I've actually been a member for awhile, but have never posted. I usually just look. I'm retired so maybe that will change. I've actually been at this for some time and have state and ATFE licenses and am a licensed "pyrotechnic operator". Very interested in the chemistry.

Yes! Welcome aboard! Many of us are of such an age to retire (though some of us have not! <grin>)

This is an art and science that can 'totally involve you', if you're not careful.

Lloyd

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'm George from the UK (hope this forum is open to all countries?). I've recently rediscovered my love of pyro at 20 after realising I'm finally old enough to legally acquire the licences to produce it. I guess the obsession can die down when it's inaccessible but never really disappears, I remember being younger and dismantling party poppers just so I could tie them all together to get a bigger bang!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello To All,

Well I am a 75 year old pyro. Been out of the loop for a long time but just lit the fuse again. Been following the Forum for some time

recently & finally signed up today. Hoping for a few more years to enjoy this hobby.

Will post my BP question tomarrow.

Regards,

joedog707

• Like 1

Hopefully an old Joedog can learn some new tricks! Welcome.

Hopefully an old Joedog can learn some new tricks! Welcome.

Meh... I hope the old dog can teach us a few old tricks to.

Indeed. Welcome.