APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Welcome Tyler and happy returns. Now you can post new questions!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Ray here, just registered, been trying for a few weeks but i changed from one email provider to another a few weeks ago but for some reason, it didn't forward APC to my new provider?, anyway, got here eventually, looking forward to advice on getting my rocket motors up and running with advice from you long time pros...

speak soon, thanks..

Ray,

You have plenty of people here on the "dark side" that will be more then willing to help if needed.

Welcome!!

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

I'm from Russia. Since the private manufacture of fireworks is prohibited in Russia, I have to use a pseudonym TECH49.

Pyrotechnics do a little more than a year, but rarely so little results.

Sorry for my English, it is necessary to use an Google interpreter. Fully communicate I do not really think I could, but read the forum will be happy.

Good luck to all.

Edited by TECH49

Hi all,

I am Arduino. I am simply trolling around to try and learn. I would not be bothering all of you except that it would seem that if you don't post you don't have permission to open attachments. I tend to learn better from picture and diagrams.

Thank you

Hi everybody, my name is Larry. I found this Forum by accident while looking up Tannerite recipes. I found that APC has composition data in downloads, one cannot have too many compositions in their library, Maybe there is one for tannerit. Also, I've read some very informative posts here and look ahead to helping out if I can. Thank you!

Hello all, started getting my feet wet in August lurking and reading all the old threads soaking it in. I started with making good BP with my harbor freight tumbler, black match, 1/4" bottle rockets. Then charcoal stars and made a few 1.75" plastic shells. Rockets are my favorite, I bought the 4oz whistle hybrid tooling from caleb along with a support and got an arbor press setup. Here is a 76 / 23kbenz / 1 copper oxychloride / +2.5 mineral oil with a whistle report I tested today:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yRqPY4JIcBiymy-o2gUQqs7B-R8cRiX8qA/view

edit: can't seem to get the link to work :wacko:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yRqPY4JIcBiymy-o2gUQqs7B-R8cRiX8qA/view?usp=sharing
Edited by charlesdean

Hi all,

Just joined this forum and wanted to introduce myself.

I have been in fireworks for over 40 years now in various capacities. I used to be a consumer fireworks dealer, diplay operator and now a competitive builder.

I specialize in the Italian style of shells, but can build anything.

Thanks,

JOE

Hey there. Paul from Tennesse. If your wondering the word fotia is Greek for fire. Get it "Greek fire"?

Anywho, I've always love fireworks & by happenstance I hooked up with a guy at a laser forum who is a fellow Pyro & PGI member so it went from there.

I've been into it when I've had time for about 4 years now. Been busy making tooling & can't wait to show some of the things I've come up with.

Woohooo more people kinda close. :)

Welcome Paul!

I'm starting to feel like Tom Hanks with that soccer ball when it comes to pyro around here. I've been talking to a spent gerb tube for months.

I would say something about his smell but I'm afraid he'd get mad and leave.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Welcome friend...!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there everyone :)

I really like this forum! The pyro bug has bitten hard. And in the last few months most of my searches for safety and compositions, incompatibilities has led me here, its nice to finally be a part of it.

Im in Australia and I see there is quite afew Australian members which im pleased to see. And everyone else all your knowledge and experience is priceless. Dagabu if you see this I dont know you at all but your accident scared me like hell, your tellings and photos really hit home consequently I haven't worked in my little shop going on 3 weeks now. If I cant do anything safely I just wont do it, hence me reading and trying to understand everything possible and I admit I have rushed into this hobby underestimating its potential dangers.

I may be mistaken but I think oldmarine said in a post he is the silly question king (I dont think so om) but I will try not to take the throne haha

my profile pic was my first and only device I have made while others may pick on it, my first star mine 2.5" using a charcoal streamer comp and the piston method I learnt from Ned.

Stay safe everyone and I hope to chat to all.

Edited by Woodchopa

Welcome Woodchopa and you can ask most anyone about my stupid questions. I don't think it's stupid to ask if I don't know the answer. I'd rather have everyone think I'm a dumbass rather than blow a few fingers off and prove it!

Hello APC community my name Jeremy I live in kentucky, I am new to this site but not to pyro, I have been into this hobby for the last 4 years and am starting to spread my wings into larger rockets and headings and larger shells and better comps then the norm and I see no better place to do so then here at apc. Thanks for having me here.

Hi guys

Im from Europe :) i found forum while searching informations about (per)chlorates electrolysis

Fuckin EU banned chlorates and perchlorates :( Time to buy PbO2 anode ;)

Im intersted in pyrotechinics since 2007

• 2 weeks later...

Tuskiomi,

You've definitely started out on the "wrong foot" with this group. We're NOT 'into' bombs. We make fireworks.

If you're not interested in that, I suggest you go to one of the terrorist sites, where they'll be glad to direct your efforts.

(MN, no less! Damn! EVEN MORE, I don't want you making "bombs".)

Lloyd

Hello, I'm a pyrotechnic living in Minnesota. I do a large amount of thermite.

CRAP! I'm a Minnesotan too and you need to rein it in, big time!

Lets meet, Ill go over the expectations in pyrotechnics (fireworks kind) and other opportunities you have to legally make noise. Thermite is not really a big subject here, it it used mostly to weld railroad track but has little else of use.

(I'm pretty sure that when he meets me, he will get the idea of the risks pretty quick.)

Edited by dagabu
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys! My name is Michael, 30 yrs old and I'm from Baltic States.

I like to blow things up and taking videos.

Feel free to check out my latest video:

[Link removed]

Admin edit: We do not condone that kind of activity here. It has no place in pyrotechnics whatsoever.

Edited by TheSidewinder

• 1 month later...
Hello, I'm from the sticks in oklahoma. I was looking for info on rockets and found this forum. I'm interested in making rockets. I look forward to learning more.