APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Greetings all,

My name is Joe and have been dabbling in pyro for quite a few years now.

The latest thing on my list of stuff to do is to build a star rolling machine.

Rolling by hand has gotten really old. I've been an on-off lurker here for a

number of years and this is my first post. Hello everybody!

Joe O

• 3 weeks later...

Hello from Virginia

I myself used to be over at Pyro U and i go through long phases of inactivity.

I am not new to the hobby though there is always more to learn and I have come here to learn more!

been to many gatherings and shoots thus far.

2x PGI

1x WPA

4x? Crackerjacks

Thanks,

Greetings all,

My name is Joe and have been dabbling in pyro for quite a few years now.

The latest thing on my list of stuff to do is to build a star rolling machine.

Rolling by hand has gotten really old. I've been an on-off lurker here for a

number of years and this is my first post. Hello everybody!

Joe O

Are you the Hanabi from FW?

I see that we have a few new people signing up, Hello hanabi and spike I hope that your stay here is a good one........Pat

Hello everyone, My name is Mike. I am from Pennsylvania. I, like so many others, have learned a great deal from just using this site as a resource. Finally having the confidence to join, I hope I can continue to learn, make some friends, and become a contributing member of this community.

Welcome Mike, nice to meet you. It's always nice to meet a fellow pennsylvanian and I'm certain you will find this site just as fun as I have.

Hello,

New to the site. Not new to pyro. Some may know me from PyroU or PyroFan. Starting to have more interest in the building aspects of the hobby. Look forward to learning.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Nelson and I'm a recovering alcoholic.

Everyone else: "Hi Nelson".

This is my first 24 hour chip and I feel great.

Everyone else: "::::clapping:::::"

AA is great and with the support from God and everyone here I know I can make it....

LOL, I couldn't resist and no, I'm not actually and alcoholic or recovering from being one. AA really is preitty fun though.

My name is 'screen name' and I really am an alcoholic, clean and sober for 34+ years.

I've visited here for years and joined this summer. I've always been a pyro at heart and working on becoming an amateur fire worker.

Fire in the hole!

Hello to all the new members good to see new faces keeping the forum active. Don't let the old grumps scare ya.

Hello everyone. I don't build anything but shoot 1.3 shows. This stuff is so interesting. Love popping in and reading. Might try my hand at some mines eventually.

Hello everyone. I don't build anything but shoot 1.3 shows. This stuff is so interesting. Love popping in and reading. Might try my hand at some mines eventually.

Mines are super easy to make if you leave out the piston assembly and you get the chance to work on your star rolling skills because the overall size of the stars (and perfect circles etc.) don't matter nearly as much. Good luck and welcome!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all; I'm very new at this pyro stuff and also here. I, ve been reading a lot here . I've come across a couple of accidents which brings my question. I've been making small motors with potassium nitrate and powered sugar. I use the kitty liter for the nozzel and the pass fire . I was ramming with an oak rod ,then I read some where on here to use an aluminum rod because you can compact things more. Man what a difference that made . What I want to know is if there is any danger of blowing things up while I am compacting. It would seem not, but can't hurt to ask. I,ve been a bp shooter most of my life ,I know what safety is along those lines, but this is a new game. Sorry to ramble on . Hope someone can help me.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all,

i'm pyroita, as the nickname suggest i'm writing from italy =) i want to implement my little competence with your.. surely from another pov, cause in Italy ( as u know ) there's a really old tradition and it is a bound for the new that is coming, sometimes

Hello group, I'm Steve from Dallas Texas. I just found this forum a few days ago. Planning on building a ball mill for BP.

I need BP for ejection charges for my sugar rocket motors. I'm building a radio controlled glide recovery lifting body type model rocket.

I'm also getting interested in making some nice fireworks that make the store bought ones look like store bought ones!

Nice site, I've learned a lot already.

Thanks,

Steve

Welcome Steve! You've come to the right place, plenty of knowledge and commentary to be found here.

• 2 weeks later...

New guy here...just wanted to say hello. Thank you to everyone who has contributed their knowledge and experience to help build such a great resource for those of us interested in learning more about pyro.

Looking forward to hanging around and hopefully adding to the community.

hello, I'm JD from TN. New to fireworking and eager to learn.

Used skylighter to make my first buys since they offer kits with easy instructions. Making 1.75" paper balls right now to get the hang of lift and burst timing. Will try to post some video of my first couple of tests.

Spent about two hours here last night browsing threads and there seems to be some pretty knowledgeable people here, some I follow on u tube. looking forward to testing the knowledge base of the members. Thanks for the add, JD

Welcome JD.Where in Tn are you located? There's at least 3 other pyros in the Volunteer State! Edited by OldMarine

Hah, say hello to the geico lizard for me. You know, the one from Tenneginia or is it Verginesee? Welcome.

I think he was the victim of a drunk driver and was killed. lol

He knew better than to play in the street

Edited by alwayslearning

Greetings from the gulf coast - southern USA . My pyro hobby interests have been limited to backyard bayou hero evolving from 1 fuse shows to cheapo chinese to cobra musical .

. My 1st event at ''pyromania'' opened my eyes and inspired joining and attending PGI.

After attending PGI , a couple shell, dola and mine building classes ,spending a week meeting some of my ''forum'' heros.........lets just say best vacation EVER ! A week of camping with fireworks every night , classes everyday and fellow pyros all day ,

Since then I'm just reading, investing in books , and poring through endless threads . I'm intimidated by the complexity and scope of knowledge . I knew those guys were smart lol I Long story SHORT - I don't have much to add at this point I'm just a sponge absorbing intricacies and building some comprehension.

Not having posted excludes some pages from opening - I'm not a ''bot'' ? At least that's my guess . I haven't needed to start a thread -SEARCH - is my friend.

I have but 1 basic college chem class and got a ''mercy'' C . mY interest is in the magic and artistry of aerial shells . It's my opinion that while I've learned much from the reading..........I need to keep reading . At least once a week I have an ''ah hah'' moment..........for now it's a curiousity and appreciation for the spectacle , magic and joy . PGI with all the whining and complaining about silly things was an EVOLUTION of interest .......