APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

hi,

very very nice website, hope to learn lots. not easy being in the UK and having this hobby. wish i was in the states where its not a crime!!!

Lee

very very nice website, hope to learn lots. not easy being in the UK and having this hobby. wish i was in the states where its not a crime!!!

Well shoot, as cheap as the Dollar is relative to the Pound, come over here and buy yourself a second home - we have some bargains right now!

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Peret

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've been reading here for a long while and post from time to time but I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm from the Netherlands and been practising the art now for about two years actively.

Before then I just read a whole lot, mostly because I was not able to acquire any chemicals needed.

Thanks all for the things I have learned so far!

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Vinny aka Vrizla, don't know why, actually I do it's been my handle for over 10 years I have grown out of the etymology but the name stuck I'll just leave it at that.2smile.gif CT resident, it kinda sucks, but I'm here for now. This will be my 4 year anniversary of home grown pyro. Unfortunately I am not able to practice my craft year round and I still don't know many people locally who are also home grown hobbyists. So if any one else is in CT or nearby send me a message. I am very grateful to this site, you guys have kept me safe and provided priceless information, thank you to everyone. Maybe if I don't spend too much on my display this year I can go to the PGI Convention this year and meet more Followers of the Flame and have a kick ass vacation.

Edited by Vrizla

Welcome to the forum, you two.

Pull up a chair and read, read, read. It's all free. :)

hi, dr thrust here, aka chrism , aka catochris :) from the ukps forums

just wanted to say a big hello, and looking forward to learning lots here.

Hey Dr. Thrust! I was wondering how long it would take you to come here. ;)

-dag

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everybody my name Robert Im new to the forum I want to give a thanks to all the people who make this site such a pleasent place to hang out, talk, learn, and educate. Thank you.

Hey guys!

I'm Dan. Been lurking for a while and am ready to start participating. Thanks for all the great info!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I have been reading posts in this forum for a little over a year now and they have aided me on my pyrotechnic journey. When I started exploring the world of pyrotechnics I knew nothing about fireworks. I never planned on ever assembling pyrotechnic devices, all I had was a fascination with fire and chemistry and science related things in general. I believe that several of my hobbies and interest eventually led me to pyrotechnics without me ever realizing it. When I was younger I adquired a rock tumbler which I used to produce several pounds of polished semi-precious stones (now that rock tumbler makes black powder). In my quest to understand fire I learned to make charcoal long before I ever knew it was used in black powder. When I bought a magnesium bar in an attempt to make fire without matches I did not know it was a metal that was used in pyrotechnics. I could go on, but I think my post is too long now. In conclusion I would like to thank the members on this forum for sharing your knowledge and allowing me to go from burning piles of magnesium shavings to having the knowledge to assemble shells,rockets, and other pyrotechnic items.

Hello, I have been reading posts in this forum for a little over a year now and they have aided me on my pyrotechnic journey. When I started exploring the world of pyrotechnics I knew nothing about fireworks. I never planned on ever assembling pyrotechnic devices, all I had was a fascination with fire and chemistry and science related things in general. I believe that several of my hobbies and interest eventually led me to pyrotechnics without me ever realizing it. When I was younger I adquired a rock tumbler which I used to produce several pounds of polished semi-precious stones (now that rock tumbler makes black powder). In my quest to understand fire I learned to make charcoal long before I ever knew it was used in black powder. When I bought a magnesium bar in an attempt to make fire without matches I did not know it was a metal that was used in pyrotechnics. I could go on, but I think my post is too long now. In conclusion I would like to thank the members on this forum for sharing your knowledge and allowing me to go from burning piles of magnesium shavings to having the knowledge to assemble shells,rockets, and other pyrotechnic items.

Welcome to our little forum, enjoy and stay safe!

-dag

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Michael,

Stay safe but be loud and colorful and high and bright and sparkley!

Hi all,

My name is John, and i was into Pyro for a few years in the early 90's. I have been wanting to get back into it for a long time and final decided to make the time. I just dug out my old brass screens, and found them totally green and corroded. Thanks to this forum I just ordered new SS screens from McMaster Carr.

Hi folks, My name is Zane, I am a 42 year old pyromaniac, lol. I live in Maryland. I have been tinkering since I was a teen so I guess that qualifies me for noob status. I look forword to participating and learning a bit.

I mostly build 4 oz. BP core burners with charcoal stars. Nothing super exciting but it satifies my need to make stuff go WHOOOSH!

I also recently dug out my Dixie .45 cal mini canon. It is stainless steel with a rifled barrel and shoots stars real nice :)

I lurked a bit before jumping in and ran across the thread about Mumbles. I hope you are getting better, that hurt to read, gah.

Anyhoo, nice to meet you all. ~Zane

Welcome Zane!

I LOVE the bp rockets as well. As you I am a noob too but I try not to let that slow me down.

Welcome to our motley crew Zane. I just posted some shorty 1/2" BP endburners on you tube that you may want to look at, only 12 grams of fuel and about 5 seconds of burn time, they are a fun 4 oz rocket.

-dag

Hi, I'm just another pyro, you can call me Gerard, and I live in my mom's basement.