APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Hi Randy, good to have you. We share quite a few interests it seems.

Welcome Randy! I played Dungeons and Dragons back when Gary Gygax was writing the manuals ;)

-dag

I suppose I should do an introduction since I have not yet done so.

What's going on guys? New guy Andrew here from the newley(is that a word?) legalized 1.4g state of Michigan! Been looking around a lot and reading up.

I've been doing 1.4 shows for a few years now and hope to add my personal touch to them.

Hoping to get a few stars made along with some black powder soon and try my hand on a few mines.

Edited by pyro92

• 1 month later...

Hello there, been lurking for a long time. Names Alex and im from the UK.

Accounts been active a while but i thought id take the plunge and say hello.

:)

When I can i'll make a thread with the progress on my first project :P

Hi name is Gary Moore. Live i n Neosho,Mo. Have been a pyro for about 40 years built just about everything including hi power rockets. Found site by chance glad to be here will help in any way I can and will learn from everyone also. How deo I get to be a full member, so I can download files? thanks. Gary. Handle Pyrosurfer.

Welcome to both of you. Gary, you're now a full member. All you had to do was make one post.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm... Not really one for intros, but WTH.

Been reading the forum off and on for awhile, and finally got around to registering. Looks like a damn good site with a helpful and inventive crew.

Been in pyro for a few years now, and I am finally getting a fairly good setup going to shift towards putting some larger shells in the air.

Thanks

DP

• 2 weeks later...
Name is Joe and have been interested in pyro for years but just recently been getting my feet wet. Looking forward to learning from everyone on this forum and possibly being able to help others.

Hey everyone,

My name is Chris and always had a fascination for fire.. but only recently really did something about it. So far made some BP rockets and BP salute shells to go with the rockets. Fun :)

I am from Australia but still find this forum extremely helpful! Thanks all

Welcome Joe and Chris! Read through the pinned postings first, ask questions with completeness in mind and please use proper writing etiquette.

-dag

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I was reading here for quite a time already but thought it might even be better to sign up and say Hello!

I'm Alex, living in Germany, and I'm of course interested in fireworks and everything related, it's a labour of love actually. And Life long learning is especially true in pyrotechnics so I'm here :)

best wishes!

Alex

Many thanks! I already read many new interesting posts here. So who says that the hobby people learn from the pros when it can be vice versa too ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello and thank you for a great forum! I'm a member of other forums, and was told this one rocked too. Hoping to make a few new pyro friends and put some names to faces!

Berger1980

HPA

Welcome aboard Berger1980. Just be sure to verify all information as well as friends. This is the internet. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all :)

Seems like a cozy site-

Been into pyro ever since I was a kid.

30 years later I still have not outgrown the thrill of lighting fireworks.

I'm 38, married with children and also enjoy serious atv'ing.

I own a small machine shop (North American Cannon) and make custom salute cannons part time.

I'm in the middle of setting up a web site now.

I'm a full time microbiologist / former Marine (Demolitions Engineer)

I like to play with salts (and acids ;) ) when I have the time.

Looking forward to meeting some of you folks :)

Edited by NAC

Doug, welcome to our "cozy" little site. You will find me at PGI teaching classes and working on the

I share your love for wheeling!

-dag

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, here it is.......... there's always an intro thread somewhere though this one has been tucked in a level or two.

I'm Mike, an itinerant dabbler in many things; know a little about quite a bit and looking to broaden my horizons and expand my knowledge base. Always loved the smell of burning powder, morning noon or night time. Used to be able to go to the "dime store" when I was 7 and 8 and buy firecrackers. Real firecrackers, not like the stuff you get now. Busted a full size Zebra in my hand trying to save one with a short fuse. That hand full of blood blisters made Rule #1: Fuse is cheap....leave it long and forgo a frantic retirement.

Been burning up around $6-800 in consumer stuff every year and started looking at what I might accomplish rolling my own. I get the sense it's not much cheaper if you do it correctly, but there is that satisfaction factor in getting (a little) more bang for your buck, so to speak. I've been thinking about this for a couple of years now and I'm ready to put some of this knowledge to use. I know there'll still be questions and if the resources aren't already here in print, someone here will know. Yes, I tend to vertically integrate most everything I do. I like the aspect of complete control of the process.

Real life? The other science based art form, baking. I'm a process improvement "engineer" that deals in people, methods, process data and replication of successful models. Fun.... My other passion is fishing, specifically muskies. Participate in a handful of tournaments each year and manage to crack the top ten frequently. Not too bad for an "amateur".

A great site with some priceless resources....... Thanks for the opportunity.

It's only sometimes I get like this............mostly I'm pretty quiet............. ;-)

/m

$800 in consumer fireworks? You're worse than me. I think $500 is my record. :P

Welcome!

Been burning up around $6-800 in consumer stuff every year and started looking at what I might accomplish rolling my own. I get the sense it's not much cheaper if you do it correctly, but there is that satisfaction factor in getting (a little) more bang for your buck, so to speak. I've been thinking about this for a couple of years now and I'm ready to put some of this knowledge to use. I know there'll still be questions and if the resources aren't already here in print, someone here will know. Yes, I tend to vertically integrate most everything I do. I like the aspect of complete control of the process.

/m

Welcome Mike! You would be very surprised what $800.00 will buy you wholesale. We just did a 20 minute show (1.3g) and the product cost was a smidgen over $1000.00.

I will have to say that I can just about always buy it cheaper then make it myself but where is the fun in that? 2happy.gif

-dag