APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Hey! My name is thomas and i'm 18yrs old ^^ my whole life i've been facinated by pyrotecnics and chemistry but first 1year ago i decided to do something about it! now i started with bp and haven't come much further because 1: i dont own a mill and if i wanna buy one i have to order from usa and if i do that the delivery is the same cost as the actual mill! ! but i think what got me into pyrotechnics is my dad cousin worked with this making all sort of awesome fireworks that none of us normal people could top off! anymore i need to tell?

Hey! My name is thomas and i'm 18yrs old ^^ my whole life i've been facinated by pyrotecnics and chemistry but first 1year ago i decided to do something about it! now i started with bp and haven't come much further because 1: i dont own a mill and if i wanna buy one i have to order from usa and if i do that the delivery is the same cost as the actual mill! ! but i think what got me into pyrotechnics is my dad cousin worked with this making all sort of awesome fireworks that none of us normal people could top off! anymore i need to tell?

Welcome, I look forward to getting to know you. You will gain a lot of knowledge here if you're willing to put the effort into learning.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys super new dude here. My name is Ian, I live in a small town in Indiana. IACO is a gamertag I have used for years on Xbox live. So it tends to follow me into other places:) well after many years of promising my self I would learn to make the things I love, I am finally in a place I can do that. The term "Finally" mentioned here is in direct correlation to the Single status I have acquired about two years ago.. its funny how many new hobbies a man can get into when the wife takes off and leaves :) hahaha better off with out that one.. sooooo I have a ball mill coming to me in the mail, and am looking forward to asking many questions and absorbing the wealth of knowledge that exists here hahaha let the games begin Edited by IACO

Greetings everyone I am known as solar seeker. Ever since I was very young I have lived in an area where consumer fireworks are legal.

Because of this I have had the opportunity to purchase and display consumer fireworks twice a year for my family.

Next year I'll be able to obtain a pyrotechnician's license but I first need to find someone to apprentice under.

Does anyone know someone who I can contact in the Tennessee / Georgia area that could help with this?

Edited by SolarSeeker

Greetings everyone I am known as solar seeker. Ever since I was very young I have lived in an area where consumer fireworks are legal.

Because of this I have had the opportunity to purchase and display consumer fireworks twice a year for my family.

Next year I'll be able to obtain a pyrotechnician's license but I first need to find someone to apprentice under.

Does anyone know someone who I can contact in the Tennessee / Georgia area that could help with this?

Welcome.

Look into joining a club. A list can be found here: http://www.pgi.org/links/clubs.aspx

Bluegrass is my first guess as the closest to your location.

Hi Guys!

I suspect that I am both the newest and the oldest member here! :) Just signing up but I am a life-long pyrotechnics wanna-be and I'll be 69 this year! I am a retired army paratrooper, located in North Carolina and would love to hear from anyone in the state that has run the gauntlet of becoming licensed in NC. I was one of the early Zn-S rocket boys back in the '50's and still consider myself a rocketeer.

Hi just peaked into site after being out for a while and what a huge amount of work has been done on the site. Much thanks to all that contributed time and effort it really shows.

Hello everyone. I am Ole Joachim.

Calling from Norway. Have fiddled with pyrotecniks since I was a puppy.

Then came the ladies and things calmed down. (you stop with it otherwise I'm going) Now I have a lady, we've been together for 11 years now and she said go on and enjoy .. So I've kept on with this now for 3 years

But with much more respect for what can go wrong only in a split second.

Have kl4 profesjonal pyrotecknik course, but this goes out this year and this will cost me too much that I can afford it again. This costs $ 2666.

So it becomes much more stealth with launches in the future.

But enough about me, hoping for some good times here.

Regards Ole J

Edited by SirBang

• 1 month later...

After 40 years or so of playing with class C fireworks I have decided to make a few.

For the last 3 years I have been taking apart consumer fireworks so I can reconfigure them to produce the desire output, with pretty good success. It seems like it would be more cost effective to just get the chemicals and build my own from scratch. I think this is a great place/resource to help keep my perfect safety record intact as I expand my hobby, I friggin hate getting burned . After lurking here for a while it seems to me there are some great people here willing to share their experiences and knowledge and even answer the same newbie question over and over. :wacko:

I live in Philly, buy my wholesale consumer fireworks in Maryland and put on a big show every July 4th in North Florida. Military background in explosives (field artillery) and 26 years in construction with extensive safety training and certification. Married to a great lady who has let me drag across the US and Canada to see every major show or competition, purchase and transport cases of consumer fireworks for my shows, and letting my youngest daughter become my only other shooter.

Good to have you here! I hope you're able to learn all you need to make some great fireworks.

Good to have you here! I hope you're able to learn all you need to make some great fireworks.

Well thank you, that's very kind. I'm excited about the possibilities and not having to sift through 100's of consumer fireworks videos to find the colors and effects I'm looking for.

Welcome aboard Nightpainter!

Have you been to "Thunder over Louisville"?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes, 1998 I was in Louisville and I have been pulling apart wheels and using fountains to make waterfalls ever since. :D

• 2 weeks later...

hi all my name is Loris and i'm from italy i'm in pyro from about when i was 7s old XD

Care to share some pyro secrets with us? ;)

Welcome aboard!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Really have had fun all of my life shooting fireworks so now me and my son are wanting to "roll our own". Hailing from Mississippi we have no local club/organization to fall back on so are relying on this forum, Skylighter and the like for guidance. Many thanks so far for all the tips, tricks, safety stuff etc. Just for those wondering, NO I do not run around barefoot nor do I live in a trailer and I'm pretty sure my son's mother is not related to me, well at least not closely!

Will try to post intelligently but if I dont feel free to hassle the hell out of me!

Clyde