APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

HI!

30+ newbie from Finland salutes the forum folks.

I'm someone who loves to spend his money just to see colors in the sky for seconds.

I have been reading your forum behind the screen but now it was time to step in as apprentice.

May the God of thunder soon be jealous to my flash!

May the God of lightning soon be envious on my stars!

With the help of highly skilled pyroholics of course, like YOU!

Edited by jukka

HI!

30+ newbie from Finland salutes the forum folks.

I'm someone who loves to spend his money just to see colors in the sky for seconds.

I have been reading your forum behind the screen but now it was time to step in as apprentice.

May the God of thunder soon be jealous to my flash!

May the God of lightning soon be envious on my stars!

With the help of highly skilled pyroholics of course, like YOU!

May the authorities enjoy your shows! ;{)

Lots of good folks here, and they typically know their trade/hobbies.

Enjoy and stay green!

• 1 month later...
I've been lurking for some time and finally decided to sign up. I just wanted to say howdy to all on the board. Lots of good reading here. I hope I can give a little back.

Welcome to the Forums!

Kick back and read to your heart's content, then contribute as you wish. We're a pretty diverse group here.

I'm Bob, new to the site and new to the hobby. Hoping to learn a lot and have some fun.

Welcome Bob, Where you from? The weather here up nort is a balmy -6° F!

Well, here in MN we're supposed have a regular heat wave today..... It's going to be +22 F. :whistle:

(Which is actually a 30-degree warmup from 2 days ago)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My name is Jesse. About 3 months ago I felt the urge to build a model rocket. So I bought a big bag of potassium nitrate, and had a hunt around on the internet. As you do, I found some sites dealing mostly with fireworks. I changed my mind: fireworks seem more fun than rockets...! Anyway Ive been experimenting and trying different things for a couple of months now, it is an addictive hobbie... heres my first shell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzv9gCRz50A due to space limitations, I will be concentrating on smaller devices, mines and the like.

At the moment Im working on making potassium chlorate electrolytically, where I live chemicals (and saftey fuse <_< ) are either very hard to source or rediculously expensive, so I have to make do with what I can make myself usually.

Cheers,

Jesse

Mike and Bill, Welcome to the forum!

What about fireworks have you found irrasistible?

Hope you find us friendly and helpful!

Seymour

Edited by Seymour

Indeed, welcome!

Pull up a chair and read what we have to offer.

Looking forward to your participation.

I haven't read through too much of the forum here, but this looks like the place to be!

I got hooked on fireworks from a few years of shooting consumer ball shells every 4th.

So I waited around, did lots of research, compiled my own safety briefing to share with my roommate, and finally scored a huge load of supplies from a big vendor's recent half-off sale. We now have about 80% of what we need to make what I think is a pretty good "starter" selection of compositions- a couple perchlorate comps from the Veline system and kits for D1 glitter, Zinc stars, and of course BP.

Just got our big shipment a couple days ago and threw together a bit of green mix and a candy smoke just to get my hands dirty. The green mix doesn't go "poof" like a pile of real BP, but it sure does burn and throw sparks everywhere B) Once we get our hands on a ball mill and the air gets a little warmer & more humid, the project will begin. Alchemy is fun!

Edited by jwitt

Alchemy is fun!

An archaic term. But saftey is the same since then. Enjoy but i re-iterate- be safe.

Geez I miss this stuff...and that feeling you now have.

Rich, just join the MPAG and get your fix. I might be headed in that general direction soon, so you have no choice. Also, you will be bringing me some sort of meat creation.

• 1 month later...

Hi my name is Barry user-name (BJV) I have been into Fireworks

since the early 80s. I have built everything for pop-bottle rockets

to 12" round shells. I am also a licensed Public Display Operator.

That's about it.

Barry

Welcome to the Forums, Barry!

We're *always* glad to see a licensed member of the public join us here.

Hope to see your contributions to the Art.

Hi my name is Barry user-name (BJV) I have been into Fireworks

since the early 80s. I have built everything for pop-bottle rockets

to 12" round shells. I am also a licensed Public Display Operator.

That's about it.

Barry

Welcome Barry. Always nice to gain another experienced member and the knowledge that goes with.

Hello,

I'm Robin, I live in holland, and I am on the dutch DPCforum. and pyroforum. I'm doing pyrotecnics for a few years now but only recently (last summer) did I fire my first succesful shells. I'm now going to try making colourchanging stars after I finish my starsising tools. I'm joining this forum for more learning and enjoying the creations filmed and posted here.

Robin

Hey everyone..

Joined up last year and have been reading alot about Pyrotechnics. Been a fan of fireworks since I was 10 and of course the 4th of July is my favorite holiday.

My name is Reed and thanks to all who have posted compositions and safety advised. Im still only doing 2" and 1lb rockets for now.

Thanks again.

Welcome, Reed! Pull up a chair.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Start small and work up from there.

Enjoy APC.

• 3 weeks later...

HI all, the names Kyle. I've had a keen interest in pyrotechnics for most of my life but just started researching and constructing within the past year. I've got a ball mill running but still has a few kinks to work out. So far I've made some cored BP rockets, stingers, fuse mines, and firecrackers. I'm hoping to learn more about aerial shells before the 4th and give them a try. Whislte rockets also fascinate me but I have no tooling or press yet. Hopefully I can get ahold of some rocket tooling soon and impress the neighbors :)

Kyle

Howdy, Kyle. Welcome to the Forums!

Take the time to read all you can, it's worth the investment.