APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Hello

My name is Fred, I live in germany. Please excuse my bad english. I´m interested in pyro for many years and in chemistry too.

Actually I do research in blue stars with copper benzoate, whithout NH4ClO4 but KClO4.

I hope to learn a lot and I appreciate the huge amount of information I can read in your forum!

Welcome to APC, Fred.

Your English is fine. If you heard my German, you'd piss yourself laughing.

Besides, if you read a lot of our posts you'll likely see what passes for "English" around here sometimes. :whistle:

Besides, if you read a lot of our posts you'll likely see what passes for "English" around here sometimes. :whistle:

So true, a certain thread in the Pyrotechnics section will prove this....

Actually I do research in blue stars with copper benzoate, whithout NH4ClO4 but KClO4.

Welcome! Your English is better than a lot here so I wouldn't worry!

Very interested in your research - please do make a thread to explain when you get time : )

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Greg Floyd and I am 42 years old. I have 4 children 3 girls 1 boy.. they are aged 21 to 9 years old. My oldest daughter is a JR at the University of Georgia!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!! well anyway... i have been fascinated with fireworks since a young child....... I have been reading about pyro for the last two years online.. So I have finally decided to take the plunge.... So far I have cooked about a pound of maple charcoal and about a pound pine charcoal.. I have made 2 llbs of dextrin in the oven heheh man that stuff stinks... i have bought nit-rile gloves and a nice wood punch/ ice pck , and a full face safety shield from harbor Freight... Also my other hobby is being a part time machinist..so I have a 7x10 mini lathe with a lot of tooling from Harbor Freight as well........... I am going to make a big chemical order this week to get started. I have also bought pillow block bearings and fractional horse electric motor from ebay which I am awaiting delivery this week...Going to build a ball mill... I am kinda slow I have to budget purchases slowly across the paychecks...with 4 kids and one in college.....ah such is life ...but good things come to those who are patient ... right???

Well anyway Just wanted to say hello to all..and thanks for all the good info here

Greg Floyd

greg.floyd@gmail.com

Hiya folks!!

I never got around to introducing myself properly. My name is Willing (blame the parents, not me), and I live on a 28 acre farm in Pennsylvania. Lots of room for fun stuff! :D I am 16, and have worked myself up to 3 inch shells. I am really interested in stingers, creamoras, wheels, and aerial shells. I have some of my vids on YouTube...user name is TheEskimoPyro.

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself with my first post at the APC Forum (I've been enjoying the forum as a guest). I am a novice who was bit hard by the pyro bug this year. I think my progression has been from researching mortar racks, began to build my firing system(it's not finished yet), and even more recently buying class c wholesale items. The pyro community has been great, and I have spent a majority of my time at pyrouniverse site.

Cremoras caught my attention while I was watching videos of member's displays. A quick search lead me to believe that this was something simple enough, that I should be able to incorporate into my own show. One thing leading to another, and I'm reading about constructing ball shells thinking, "This looks exciting!"

Thanks for all the info, and I look forward to learning more.

Welcome to the forum Thanke!

I really hope your interest develops as far as manufacture of ball shells and other fireworks.Forme, the universe revolves around manufacture. :rolleyes:

Hello,

I am Aaatje1 and I am from Holland. I came here from PF and I believe some of you know that forum.

I have been making some smoke bombs an little bal shells and mostly reading stuff about rockets. Now i'm starting to get succesfull with rockets with NaNo3 but in a few days with KNO3 so it could be interesting. If you have any questions for me, i'd be happy to answer.

bye

Hi!

My name is Marcelo Vaz and I live in Brazil. I am just starting with fireworks, i will build a ballmill and make some good charcoal soon.

Sorry for my english '-'

Don't be sorry...the English here is sometimes absolutely atrocious. :P

Welcome to everyone that was missed up there! We've had a flurry of new people since the first.

Glad you all joined us.

Hi to all. To be honest I’m more deep into the high explosives field, but this place bring me some memories from the old APC forum. Recently I have made “some tests” and I’ll be glad to share my experience with you fellas !

Welcome to the Forum, deadfinger.

Yes, APC has changed quite a bit in the last few years. Please keep in mind that any discussion of HE's is forbidden, except in the HE section (which requires approval to join). Thank you!

Thanks for the welcome!

I know the rules, but was unable to find what kind of approval I require to join the HE club! Maybe some advice will help in this situation!

Anyone wishing access to the HE section must send a PM to Mumbles.

He is the sole arbiter of who has access.

If you are a newbie here, include your "credentials" in the PM.

Then be PATIENT. ;)

Hey everyone! New to this page and just wanted to say Hi! I have been doing pyro shows for 4 years, and am currently studying to do f/x and flame as well. Have learned a lot from you all already and look forward to conversing with folks who share this love of smoke and fire.

Welcome to the Forums!

Glad to hear you've already learned from what we can offer, and look forward to your contributions.

• 3 weeks later...

whats up guys new to this forum came from ACB also know as anarchistcookbook lol (not all about anarchy) but yea kinda getting quiet on there so im looking for some more info on all things related to chemistry :D

i cant seem to find a thread on making German blackhead/Indian blackhead/normal Al powder (i already know but have few simple questions about making the german or indian Al) and i know this aint the place to ask but its my 1st post so yea send me a pm with the link or to just help me out thanks

Edited by saskwche

It's nice to see you joined our forum. We hope you enjoy it, and learn a lot. There are a lot of people here to help.

Unfortunately, you cannot make german or indian blackhead at home. The machinery neccesary just isn't easy to come across, or replicate. Be forewarned that we're not boomers here, so if you're simply interested in salutes and the like, this may not be the best forum for you.