APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Hello out of Belgium !

I am 22 years young and you can discribe me as Pyro addict.

After some Rocket Candy experience I went to make some shell's, and they worked well !

My intrest are every art in pyro but no salute's or ground bangers.

Soon I have my new camera and can share my info with APC.

• 3 weeks later...
I was looking for a place to make my introduction, but I found no such place. I guess this place is as good as any. I currently build tires for Cooper Tire and Rubber. I am about to be unemployed due to this great economy. So I have just one week left of employment. A way that I do keep busy during my off time is by doing some demolitions for some local farmers. We have some kind of big rocks around here. Or I should say boulders. I am having some troubles with my video camera and when I get them straightened out I will post them.

I moved your post and merged it with the proper thread.

Welcome to the Forums!

G'day everyone,

Not really new here, just wanted to say something anyway.

I'm from Australia and live on a big farm, so plenty of space to fire any shell i want. I dont know when I got into pyro, I think I have been all my life but for the last year or more I have really got into it. At first I made like a sparkler fountain when I was in grade one and then as I got older I found more things I could do, like I got some kno3 and made smoke "bombs" with it, and then I found out you could make blackpowder out of it, it amazed me so much, and then I did some really small rockets and really liked it but then I shot my first film canister into ther air and wow I totaly fogot about rockets and went onto 3" shells I didnt do the inbtween, lol, whats the point, but now I am doing a few more rockets and such, and yeah, I have a few machines for pyro now, like a star roller and nearly a visco machine.

So looking foward to the rest of my pyro life.

TrueBluePyro

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @ all ;).

I'm a dude from Belgium and very new here, but I’m not new to the pyro-world. I've got about 1 year of experience, starting out with R-candy, bp rockets passing on to shells, and then whistle rockets. I am a well know guest on Dutch forums. Any questions? just ask!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i am from holland, i see a lot off dutch pyropeople from dutch forums.

I have 2 years experience mostly with shells from 2 to 4 inch.

I hope to learn more from this forum! And you can see two of my shells in the shells topic, that i fired tonight.

Greetings Klaaskroegbaas

Here is my youtube channel if you want to see some shells i made:

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaaskroegbaas

Edited by Klaaskroegbaas

Hi i am from holland, i see a lot off dutch pyropeople from dutch forums.

I have 2 years experience mostly with shells from 2 to 4 inch.

I hope to learn more from this forum! And you can see two of my shells in the shells topic, that i fired tonight.

Greetings Klaaskroegbaas

Kia Ora, Welcome to the forum :)

You have made some very nice shells. I hope you enjoy it here!

What's up? So I'm BananaPhone69. I've been doing pyro as long as i can remember. Ummm, I've got a pimpin ball mill, been making shells for 3 years (gotten up to one 5 inch), I finally got a 50lb bag of KNO3, just finished up AP Chem, I'm a senior in high school, and in 2 weeks I'm going to the Missouri S&T explosives camp that some people have mentioned on the forum. Both my parents went to Missouri S&T (back then it was called University of Missouri-Rolla) and my dad is actually an explosives engineer with all the licencing and that good stuff. He has kinda gotten high up in his company, so he doesn't really use that degree anymore, so he likes my hobby as something to uses as like an outlet lol. I just stumbled on this labyrinth of knowledge by accident from the passfire adds page.

I'm looking forward to learning from some of you, and can't wait till I'm qualified enough to help teach (distant future...).

I really like what I see, so kudos to your leader!

BananaPhone69

Welcome to the Forums!

Thank you, and we hope you enjoy your stay here.

• 1 month later...

Thought I would introduce myself, I have been passing by here for few years know and became a member a little while back. I’m also member of Passfire although my home forum is UKPS.

I have spent a pretty intense three years from starting off in pyro and have spent most of the time reading, and when I have the time make a few things as well, not up to the standard of some you here but I’m getting there hopefully.

And I will properly be asking for advice occasionally rather than giving it but one bit I can give is you are never too old to learn.

Hello to you all

Vic 

Just found this site. I enjoy reading about pyrotechnics, but am partial to rocketry as I did that as a kid. I don't know if I should ask here. Is there a thread for general rocketry supplies and books. My fave was a book called The Rocketry Handbook. Thanks for the site.

wert

Welcome! Are you talking about The Model Rocketry Handbook by Stuart Lodge? It's at Barnes & Nobles website. There isn't a rocketry specific supply section, but many pyrotechnic suppliers supply many items for rocket making as well.

Thanks deadman, thats the book I was thinking about. When I was doing rocketry back in the 70's, there were some really good suppliers with great catalogs. I think one of them was called Century or Centurion. I was hoping there were some catalog/internet suppliers around.

As this is introductions, I will ask more in rocketry section.

Thanks again

Edited by wert

Hello everyone! My name is Brian and im a pyro. Im new to this site but have been doing pyro for almost two years. My favorite item to make is 2" ball shells.

Does anyone ever read this and get reminded of AA meetings? Not trying to make fun of anyone, but read the introductions

My name is (INSERT) and I'm an alcoholic/pyro.

I hope I never get a sobriety badge for pyro......

Welcome Brian. Are you a part of any clubs?

Omg, words out of my mouth... SOOO much like a AA meeting! But its a good sign that we're growing with responsible members! Better people join here than some Anarchist Cookbook forum...

Hi My name is PyroPDC, not long found this forum but been making pyro for about a year now, love making shells. Im at 4" at the moment.

p.s love the Member Tutorials section there's some good stuff in there.

" Hi, my name is So and So, I started off slowly a few years ago, y'know, just wanted to be one of the cool kids, a starmine here, a shell there, all social stuff just to be in the In crowd...After a few months the addiction took hold and I couldn't get enough I found myself doing crazy things like performing extra chemistry homework in my offtime to figure out redox reactions and balancing ANxx explosives for oxygen..... a few times my parents attempted to intervene but they had no idea how deeply the addiction ran... I came clean for a few months and then I just couldn't help myself, the callous on my thumb and the price of lighters just drove me crazy.... I started again with matches. Y'know, low key... light a few out behind the shed... maybe a couple in the bathroom at school.... make trails of them and light the first on and watch the chain go..... Then I couldn't help myself any longer; I went up to black powder and scavanged around for some 2x4s, a gutter nail, and a bit of broom handle, after that it just kinda took off again.. I started out with ounce rockets then moved up to 1 and 2 pounders.... then I started doing tails.. and after that I moved on to really nice headers.. I mean we are talkin' real beauts here...."

Something along those lines eh? LOL

Edited by RUUUUUN