APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

"The nozzle looks too small for the traditional 1lb ratios. However im sure you've compensated with the fuel? So... what fuel are you using? "

Yea, i realized that... after i made it lol. the fule is 70% kno3, 10 % sulfur, 10% charcoal airfloat, and 10% 20 mesh charcoal.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I finished my 20 ton arbor press today. :):) Pics should be arriving shortly.

Hah Hah! got myself a 3/4" stinger missile tool set, and a novelty bottle rocket tool set on its way to me!

Though i do wonder if the stinger rockets actually truely need the pin to be launched...

If stingers don't have the pin there is a chance the will tip over and not properly spin...sending the rocket into the audience.

The bottle rocket tooling looks nice but is kind of pricey just to be able to make smaller rockets, unless you plan on producing a lot at a time. I'm stuck with a drill bit for my bottle rocket nozzles.

Hah Hah! got myself a 3/4" stinger missile tool set, and a novelty bottle rocket tool set on its way to me!

Though i do wonder if the stinger rockets actually truely need the pin to be launched...

Yes. Without the pin they will go in a random direction *other* than up. Ignition starts on the side of these, and spins them rapidly, so it would be knocked to it's side on the ground, then spin around randomly for a second, then fire off in whatever direction it happened to be pointing at the time.

The pin for a 1# stinger is easy to make. Just drive a nail through a board, and use a file to round off the point and smooth it so the stinger spins easily on it, with the nozzle just above the board.

oh man i am soooooooooooo happy, i shot my 2nd shell today [the first one flowerpotted], it was a 2'' canister made out of a tp tube with granulated bp as brake, i didin't have any stars so i used firecackers, my bro is all inpressd, man that cool :D

Oh yeah, I got a huge chunk of sodium from this new site> http://www.fastorder4u.com/ But it turns out the guy goes to my church so my parents talked to him there. Man talk about coincidence. He gave me (well really my dad :D ) 120 bucks off a 6.6 pound ingot and I didn't have to pay for shipping charges. And to top it all off, hes willing to give $120 off the 6.6 pound ingot to anyone that says Todd refered you, but you have to email him first, or 10 bucks off the 30 gram piece. And even better for me, for every ten customers that refer to me (well actually my dad lol) He'll give me a pound of sodium! Well I'm going to go try out some wild sodium thermite mixtures with all of this stuff I got. I'll try to get a video of some sand thermite and see how much elemental silicon I can get out of it.

You are a very very lucky man!!! I wish I could buy sodium. If I lived in america I could buy so many things like potassium perchlorate and sulfuric acid... I wish they shipped overseas.

On a happier note my friend was on T.V. and I am going to buy a distlillery tomorrow :D.

Oh happy day... Got a supplier that sells so many cool stuff. If you really need something, contact me. The rare stuff include mercury metal, acetic anhydride, iodine, periodic acid, KClO4(in europe), hydrazine sulphate and other stuff you have dreamt of.

• 2 weeks later...
I’ve just tried some of my freshly made Ba(NO3)2, made using the vinegar BaCO3 KNO3 method posted on UKR. I tested it using a rough green flash comp 50/50 Ba(NO3)2/Mg, it wasn’t a very good green but the still was a slit green tinge to the flash.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm getting a PS2 for Christmas and Guitar Hero II, the main reason I wanted a PS2. That and my GameCube just isn't cutting it anymore. I'm happy about it since GH II is the funnest game I've ever played. Forget all the next-gen consoles!

Just as i predicted my homebrewed lager has finished just in time for christmas and new year. Was ment to be 5 gallons but the final yield was about 2 gallons, the other three gallons had was really cloudy with sediment, so it went down the drain.

I roughly estimate that 2 gallons = 9000 milliliters / 250ml(the average size of normal beer bottle) = 36 bottles of lager.

Should be fun.

post-9-1166642467_thumb.jpg

the other three gallons had was really cloudy with sediment, so it went down the drain.

NNNOOOOOOOO!!! Dude, that's just the yeast, which has yet to settle. lager is a bottom flocating yeast so that spooge is just the yeast still trying to do their job for you and produce that lovely ethanol. In the future just let the brew ferment longer and the yeast will gradually settle as the concentraton of alcohol increases and the yeast population diminishes. lager yeast generally takes a lot longer to finish fermentation than ale yeast, but produces a crisper cleaner taste as opposed to ale yeast which tends to have a fresh, almost fruity taste. Not better, just different.

Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fairly happy this morning, I've decided to dust off the old credit card and make several orders today. First I need some more cannon fuse then some Strontium and Barium Chloride for my colorful campfires. Then I think I'll pick up some 3/4" NEPT tubes, get about 40 more 2" HDPE mortars. Oh yeah, can't forget Blessers book and video on round stars. Then I'll round off the ordering with a few 6" HDPE mortars and some 6" plastic hemi's. I still can't get my 3" shells to work to my satisfaction but what the hell I have to be ready for 6"ers right?

Merry belated Christmas to me!.........oh yeah, and more Perch.

England lol. Oi but don't blame us its kronnenburg that makes them that small and they come from belgium(or holland?)

Nice pick up there Swany.

Interesting note, apparantly you have a time machine, because that book is published a week in the future.

"Publisher: John Wiley & Sons (January 17, 2007)"

I recieved my cannon fuse order and will be able to do a little testing over this three-day weekend ^_^ [assuming the world doesn't come to an end or anything stupid like that]

Pretty happy. Just recieved my order of - 1L sulphuric acid, 1L Nitric acid and 250g of NH4NO3. All at resonable prices.

Also tommorow or in the next couple of days i should get my new scales.

Well I would say Im happy because I'm coming back to the forum! I've been away for ages! Now I have to sort through all the new posts and see whats going on ;)

My Quantum Fury Colibri lighter that I ordered came recently. Finally, a reliable ignition sorce instead of cheap lighters. :D I heard about it from another pyro website and decided that I should invest in a nice lighter.

Well it was my birthday Tuesday and I decided to buy myself a new camcorder. I got a Panasonic PV-GS300 and it is so nice! It has 3 CCDs versus the 1 CCD my old Sony camera had. With 3 CCDs the color is so rich and pops out nicely. I burnt some old, slow BP the other evening to test it out. Here's a still from the video. Looks like this camera will be good for filming fireworks! :D