APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

Now that’s what I call a very close call.

I was shiting me self once when the cops came to the door but it was just about my car being illegally parked :P no fine resalted luckily

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear about the damage Boomer, but you've been very lucky with the aftermath. :o Seriously, someone up there really loves you.

I'm pretty happy now that I've heard I'm allowed to do my graduation assignment (don't know what it's called in Englisch, we call it "profielwerkstuk") for high-school on energetic materials. :D

I am going to visit the leading (and only) research lab on energetic materials in Holland! They do research on any kind of explosives and propellants, including some very novel compounds.

I was thinking about doing something on nitramines (HMX, RDX, HNIW, TEX, etc.), so I'll have to chat a bit to get permission (or not). If I won't be allowed to do on it on these materials, I think I'll move to the good old pyrotechnics, which - most fortunately - áre allowed to do at school.

It's going to be like Christmas coming early for me the next few months. :)

Like in all thing you have good cops and bad cops.

If they are good one's they will see if you are a chemistry hobbist and leave it by that.

If they are bad cops, they will see some chemistry material and think drugs, terrorists.. and would have found the HE's and burned you ass.

I think you got the first type.

Wow! You're one lucky SOB!

My post here is just that I scored 96 "regular" easter eggs and 18 "jumbo" eggs for under $2 at walmart!

• 2 weeks later...

:D Just hooked-up my new I-Mac here at the farm. It's dial-up :( since i live in the woods :D but it's to replace my old Mac that was ripped off :( so it's good to have access to the Forum here at home again :D. Life, after all, is a series of highs and lows.

Speaking of which, Boomer, how've you been buddy? Glad to hear you're among the free and ambulatory. i hope the rebuild is going well.

Rebuilding goes well, floor is already ground down and looks like it never got burned. Thank God it's real wood not that cheap plastic coated presswood. Now the room needs the blackened wallpaper torn off (one wall only) and new paint (all walls + ceiling).

Got a table and stuff for free, and a sofa is pending. Need to buy only paint and wallpaper plus that varnish for the floor. Looks like it's not five thousand but hardly five *hundred* bucks. Still I would even have rather had 20000 loss than going to jail for some years.

Which leads us to part two: A day later the thought came to me they only left to get a search warant, to avoid that all found chems are not permitted in court (you know, coincidence find, only allowed to investigate fire... etc). Look at the depression thread for what happened (hint: again it's not in The Venting Room, but some of *you* might weep on reading).

I just received my India black aluminum I am giddy like a little school girl. Shipping was insanely fucking fast yikes.

Hahaha... I'm happy because you guys are happy.... hahaha, and schools almost out.

Well I'm happy cuz Sunday is my birthday. I don't know why, my birthdays always suck and I never get anything I like unless I go and pick it out myself(which I didn't do) but I'm happy anyway.

Woooooooo I got a 50 lb bag of kno3 for 50 bucks off of ebay

That's not bad mormanman. Does that include shipping? I wasn't so sure you were serious enough to buy that much chem. Good buy.

2$ per kg is actually not that cheap, but ofcourse depends on, where you live. What purity KNO3 is that?

[deadman]

That's not bad mormanman. Does that include shipping? I wasn't so sure you were serious enough to buy that much chem. Good buy.

[h0lx]

2$ per kg is actually not that cheap, but ofcourse depends on, where you live. What purity KNO3 is that?

Thanks it was really like $70 total but its alot. 99.9% pure good ratings from pyros too so I'm happy.

I'm confused. You make it sound like it's 99.9% purity, is that true or was it the user rating of the seller?

Man you got ripped, I buy mine (99,9 % pure KNO3) at a fertiliser shop 1 kilometer from here. that would be like 25 bucks max.

I'm confused. You make it sound like it's 99.9% purity, is that true or was it the user rating of the seller?

Sorry I meant to post this yesterday but it is 99% pure says the guy selling

Man you got ripped, I buy mine (99,9 % pure KNO3) at a fertiliser shop 1 kilometer from here. that would be like 25 bucks max.

Are you for real where is that and 50 lbs, no way that cheap.

Lesco service centers have potassium nitrate for less than 40 cents a pound:

http://www.lesco.com/?PageID=27&ItemNumber=500421

You can get it for even cheaper in bulk.

I recently went on a trip to florida and picked up 400lb potassium nitrate for $115.00.

Edit: It says on the bag 99.2% purity.

Where did you end up going to pick it up?

Tell me how it works as it looks like there's a store a few miles away from me.

Lesco service centers have potassium nitrate for less than 40 cents a pound:

http://www.lesco.com/?PageID=27&ItemNumber=500421

You can get it for even cheaper in bulk.

I recently went on a trip to florida and picked up 400lb potassium nitrate for $115.00.

Edit: It says on the bag 99.2% purity.

Crap dude that sucks its like 19 bucks for 50 lbs no way man that lame.

And theres a store like 12 miles away from me.

Dude, if I call this place up tomorrow, and they will sell me 50 lbs of KNO3 for $20, I will, I dont know what I will do. Probably cream my self. That is basically a lifetime supply for me!

I ended up getting 50lbs from clay art center a good while ago and ended up using 5lbs on BP and stars within about a month... The more you have the more you make and the faster it goes... but the better it feels too ^_^ ... Before then 5lbs would have lasted me a year.

I have been informed of a local source that sells 50lb bags for around $20-30 per, so when i need more im set.

Oh yes and for today...

Got $25 for mowing a lawn... it and money from before and after will possibly go towards some chems that arn't easy to get OTC in decent amounts for decent prices ... like potassium dichromate, spherical Al, dark flake Al, HCE, strontium nitrate, etc... Then money for the PGI convention.

Also got 2lbs of NaOH yesterday for 3.52/lb... very happy about that... ill probably use it all up during the first 2 weeks after i get out of school. Lots of experiments in mind...

Also got around 50lbs of some kind of maple wood... i need to split it up with a hammer and chisel so it will dry faster...

Also got my PGI bullitin today (yesterday)... havn't read through it yet, but simply having it is exciting enough.

Is that the one with the picture from the 1950's on the front and back?

Can't remember what it had on the frount, but yeah on the back it had an old sepia pic of a guy and gal working on alot of italian canister shells and inserts.

Wow Mormanman I thought you were talking total. at 70 dollars it is still cheaper than stump remover but not a great price. I pay 23 dollars for 50 pounds fertilizer grade including CA tax. Take a look around places other than the net.