Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How much did that set you back?

I know for sure if this Spike deal goes good and I get a little money in my pocket, me and the guys will definitely invest in some better cameras and such. I'd love to get a $2,000 camcorder with interchangeable lenses and microphone capabilities. I'm stuck with my $350 MiniDV cam for now.....

Ok this isn't that great, but I just made 200mls of quite strong HNO3. Around 30%. I intend to make it stronger. I evaporayed a mixture of HNO3 HCl KCl and HOCl, making NO2 which was dissloved in water. Finally I have made nitric acid without impurities!

I finally got me press up and running, took 6 hour to build. Its made from wood so I don’t know how long it will last but that isn’t really a problem its just a temporary one till I make a metal one.

Told my 70 year old dad last night I got tickets to take him to the world series in Detroit on sunday. Yes they were expensive but the look on his face was priceless. Definitely the happiest I have been a very long time... :D

• 2 weeks later...
My aerogel sample just arrived. :D I got it off of ebay for much cheaper than united nuclear. I have no clue what to do with it but it is an awesome sample. I'll have a pic of it soon

Man I love this time of year.

Saw a rogue 6"+ shell and a bigass meteorite within a few seconds of each other last night. Bloody marvelous!

Tomorrow, it is guy fawkes, and there will be a huge display by the harbour bridge. Last year they had a fire work that must have gone 300 meters into the air (hard to tell) and we could feel the shockwave from 5km away. It was awesome. Also today I am having a get together with my friends for my birthday, and we are gonna see jackass 2, and light off some fireworks. :D

I´m so happy because I now have access to a metal lathe.

Rocket tools, hera I come!

This is the first testtool, a 12 mm spindel in steel with one rammer in brass.

When I tryd this yesterday it work perfect, and the thrust is so much better then my endburners.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8951/picture49fo4.jpg

/ Bug

My german Al. finally came after a month of waiting, so I'm happy+++ Not that it is essential to making anything I was planing, I just wanted to get some and I didn't think it was ever going to come.. So I'm relieve/happy.

Did you get it from germany? I know that is just the name though. Where did it come from, whenever I make Al powder I have to file it off a bar and then mortar and pestle it. Not good. Speaking of happyness, I have 630 cascades, (a type of firework.) That will last me years... :ph34r:

Sorry I meant german blackhead. It supposedly is made in germany but I got it off ebay for the same price as skylighter. I tried filing Al. once but I was too impationt to do it.

Sunday night I lit off (4) 3" ball shells and I had to drive back home 30 minutes with the mortar in the car smelling of burned gun powder. Now two days later it still reeks, and I LOVE it :lol:

It's better than "New Car" smell I tell ya.

New batteries just turned up for my scales :D . Oh the simplest things... Well not so when you think I have not been able to weigh any chemicals out for my compositions for the past 3 days.... nightmare! Soon be back on track, now

i can make that shell I have been waiting to do.

Urgh, i cant stand the smell of that fouling you get in the mortar it stinks.

put a plastic bag over it with a rubber band it works for me.

New batteries just turned up for my scales  . Oh the simplest things... Well not so when you think I have not been able to weigh any chemicals out for my compositions for the past 3 days.... nightmare! Soon be back on track, now

i can make that shell I have been waiting to do.

You should get a reloading scale or a cheap balance for backup. My first scale was a realoader...needless to say it got annoying setting it up every time I wanted to weigh something, so I bought a nice digital scale. I'm thinking about finding the mass per set volume(say 1 scoop=4grams) of a few of the chems I use most often for throw together mixes that don't require exact measurement.(smoke mix, meal etc)

Im happy because i have graduated from 4 oz rockets to somewhat larger (1 lb)rockets, here are some pictures of my tooling i made in tech ed, hehe told the teacher it was a wheel for a car, as well as the motor and contructed rocket, this is my first 1 lb rocket i have ever made, i will film it when i find a site suitable for launch.

PICTURES http://www.putfile.com/daltar/images/47898

Tell me what you think of it.

That's one of those rockets where it's almost hard to light because you are so exited you built it :D . It looks really nice and ready to fly. And just out of curiosity, what type of stars do you have in there? Can't wait to see the video.

the shell is a half and half, have winokur 23 and half a formula for bright orange i made along time ago i cant remember whats in it except that it has magnalium in it. this is also a step up for me in that i had only made 1.75 inch plastic shells before, this is my first time with a paper 3 inch.

The nozzle looks too small for the traditional 1lb ratios. However im sure you've compensated with the fuel? So... what fuel are you using? ;)

I am happy because I got yellow powder to work with home made sodium carbonate. Go read the yellow powder thread for slightly more info :D.

The nozzle looks too small for the traditional 1lb ratios. However im sure you've compensated with the fuel? So... what fuel are you using? ;)

I would agree with you it does look a bit small for a 1Lb rocket, it looks smaller than a nozzle for a 4oz rocket. It will be interesting to see how it flies.

You should get a reloading scale or a cheap balance for backup. My first scale was a realoader...needless to say it got annoying setting it up every time I wanted to weigh something, so I bought a nice digital scale. I'm thinking about finding the mass per set volume(say 1 scoop=4grams) of a few of the chems I use most often for throw together mixes that don't require exact measurement.(smoke mix, meal etc)

Yeah I keep on meaning to do the same with Betonite clay. Every time I make a rocket I guess at how much clay I need and have to measure with the rammer. I should really speed things up by working out how many scoops per nozzle. I do tend to like doing things very precise. For example at the moment I am making lift powder to the nearest 100th of a gram. I know things like charcoal is a big variable and milling times etc. I just like to know that the formula I use is spot on.