APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

Fuck ya.....i passed my Cambridge FCE English with an A. I'm so god damn happy.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Proff friend of mine is retiring...guess who is getting some of his stuff :D:D

Got some sodium and KMnO4 today. Would have got more but I dident really have means to carry it home.

Bwahahahaha. My minivan of doom has been ressurected. Now it is time for sweet madness.

My gokart is finally working :D

I was putting my old engine together and fixing it for almost 4 hours, and in the end it actually worked. Its a first for me :P .

I'm happy being part of this forum. :D

And . . . I am really happy because I just got my new Metallic Blue Ford Ranger 99. Its looks so awesome and that its my first vehicle makes it special.

My sence of smell has returned! I havent smelt things this well since a few years ago :D :rolleyes:

On that subject, do many of you still have your sence of smell? I thought mine was almost permanently gone after that hexamine incident.

Just got my ball mill going.... Milled BP/Bentonite/Al is very nice :D

My sense of smell is still there, but it is not as sensitive as it used to be. Doesn't bother me much though, I can still smell the dinner cookin'. Maybe it has something to do with chems, indeed...

I just lost mine for 24h, bit much phenol in the air when I made tungsten hexaphenoxide yesterday.

Have lost it a few times before as well.

Yes... well, I am going to distill some benzene, so, we will see how that goes.

My sense of smell has definitely deteriorated a bit, but its still pretty decent.

H2S has a tendancy to temporarily deaden the sense of smell, as I found out back when I was around 10, when I mixed pariffin wax and sulfur and ignited it, I called it "the stink bomb from hell" and oh boy did it reek! I wear a respirator from now on when using nasty chems.

My highschool offers free college classes, so I took religion and passed. Next year i'm going to load up on them. Free transferable credits are nice, this should save me some money when I go to college.

Highschool is over. :D

H2S has a tendancy to temporarily deaden the sense of smell, as I found out back when I was around 10, when I mixed pariffin wax and sulfur and ignited it, I called it "the stink bomb from hell" and oh boy did it reek! I wear a respirator from now on when using nasty chems.

Yeah, or, it just kills your nose so you do not smell death.

EDIT: we get most of our toxic goodness from ammonia, nitric acid vapor, hydrochloric acid vapor, nitrogen oxides, sulfur oxides, hydrazine (at least one person) amongst other war gasses.

I thought the body contained a mechanism that prevented ammonia from accumulating in the blood? I guess it IS a respiratory poison though.

I just got a new car! sweet!! It's an 06 mitsubishi lancer: The car. I'm so excited! B)

I pwn on the FCAT. The FCAT is a worthless piece of crap test the florida students must pass to go to the next grade. The results finally came out and apperantly, I'm smart in math ^_^

I got a 500 (out of 500) on this test. On average, maybe 5 kids in the state get that grade, so FUCK YEAH! And, I proved some people wrong, and now get steaks for the week. The food is the main reason I am happy. :P

Yay I'm happy that my paintball gun now kicks ass. :-p

I upgraded my tippmann 98 with a response trigger, flatline barrel, and a ricochett AK electric feed hopper. Now it shoots far as hell and really really fast. I was mowing down people with it left and right last saturday.

Yeah we take something like that in Ohio also. They call it the OGT and you take it in your Sophomore year but you don't learn until this year (Junior Year) what your score is. You must pass all parts in order to graduate.

It goes like:

Failing, Below Average, Average, Above Average, Exceptional

I got Exceptional in all areas except for Writing....which I got Above Average on. I missed Exceptional by like 4 points. Oh well I definately passed all the areas so I am done with that.

Kinda odd.... I'm in TAG (Talented and Gifted Students) and supposedly the area they chose me (in 2nd grade) for was creativity!! Hahaha....

I got back my Chem 2 Final Exam today.... It was an A- which is pretty good. Not great but I can deal with it. Only 3 people taking that class got A's so thats nice....

Oh and I'm going camping Thursday because its the last day of school!!! Wooooohooo!!!

Yay I'm happy that my paintball gun now kicks ass. :-p

I upgraded my tippmann 98 with a response trigger, flatline barrel, and a ricochett AK electric feed hopper. Now it shoots far as hell and really really fast. I was mowing down people with it left and right last saturday.

I have an A-5 I was thinking of getting a flatline/expansion chamber for, though I have yet to do that.

Yeah the flatline is deffinitly worth it. It shoots like twice as far as normal. Though look into the APEX barrel...I hear it is better than a flatline and you can turn it on/off and make the balls curve where you want them to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some may remember my rant in the venting room about not even getting sodium nitrite in about ten pharmacies, drug stores, a chem supply, three butchers etc.

I finally found a neat little pharmacy in my town, with a pretty blonde willing to make lots of phone calls just to order me about everything that's legal. Only problem is they sell mostly p.a. stuff, read 25 bucks for 100g NaNO2 or 35 bucks for 250ml benzaldehyde. This was *without* shipping, she lives next town where the supplier is, and *went to pick it up for me* after work!

Thank you Steffi, you'll see me again.

Sounds like she likes you ;) . Was this some sort of mom and pop type pharmacy or a chain?

Me, I got several furnaces that get up to 1250C for free from a physics building that was about to be torn down. Each has a several hundred dollar platinum/rhodium thermocouple inside it. I then dumpster dived there and got much much more free lab stuff. Hotplate/mag stirrers, xenon, multimeter, glass bottles, oven, arc melter, etc.

I also made friends with the guy who takes old chemicals from professors labs. Nothing brightens my day like free perchloric acid and platinum oxide.