APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

Just got an older digital camera that my dad used for work but doesn't need any more, I'm not sure how well it will work for fireworks but it is a nice camera just a liltte bigger than the ones today.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My computer has ceased to be a 7 1/2lb paper weight. Now it is a 7 1/2 lb functioning tool filled with all my pyro goodness.

I really should back up my harddrive again soon.

Backing up your hard drive is for responsible people. You are supposed to go through the motions like all of us! When your HDD dies you are meant to kick and scream and cry for days about all the information you have lost. Then you painstakingly replace all the applications you had and re download all of your steam games. Then you can go about setting all your defaults the way you like them.

On second thought. Now that I have done that twice in the last month, I might put this DVD burner and 50 DVD's to use and actually start backing my shit up.

holy shit.... I just made this massive order for fire fox and I found this awesome vacuum pump for ~70USD... Shit I just about creamed my pants.

Well i'm just happy today for no particular reason :D

The sun's out and the weather is all "springy". :P

Just did my taxes for last year and I'm getting a shit pot (which is slightly more than a boat load) of money back. :D

So I just ordered me a 1/2 HP motor and some flange mounted bearings so I can build me a nice new ball mill. I can't wait.......

Just got a parcel at work, addressed to me, prepaid, containing the following:

PE

Ethylendiamine

THF

Benzaldehyde

Nitroethane

Nitromethane

Red P

Acetyl chloride

Butyrolacetone (gamma)

And some more stuff. They also ship 3,4-Methylendioxy-phenylalcohol, 3,4,5-Trimethoxy-benzaldehyde, and Red-Al (LAH replacement) to individuals, but for a first order I did not push my luck. ;)

Combine that with the local chem supplier who knows me so long, he has no problem with me walking out with a bottle each of nitric, sulfuric and glycerine or with peroxide, acetone and HCl.

Was about time fate pays me back for the pharmacies that refuse to sell me sodium nitrite or mormon's tea (ephedra herb)! :P

The hardest part was to look bored when co-workers asked about the contents, put it away till 5pm while mumbling something about "thinner and PCB etchant" :ph34r:

HAH HAH! talkin about gettinginto UNI, i finally got my conditional offers for MSci chemistry at bristol, leeds and york!

(chemical engineering for my other 3 choices!

Yay! Managed to make a starmine cake with non-ball milled lift powder :lol:

EDIT:

http://www.pudi.dk/video/starminecake.wmv

The cake was supposed to shoot 7 times randomly. Instead it fired one row at a time... I'll have to work on that (first cake btw, and it's not long time since I made my first star mine).. The filming was really awful, sorry for that I was standing too close

Could anyone tell me if I have a reason to be happy or if the stars shot too low?

• 2 weeks later...

SHit is looking up. Went out drinkign with a mate (still kida drunk) ended up fuckign her twice. ahaha

good tiems

Made 40 bucks last night pouring wine and talking to people. :)

Me thinks it will be going to 4" and 6" mortors!

Woohoo today I got mayor pyro stuff so now I can start working like a pro :D

3" Shell hemi's

1/2" rocket tubes

German Dark

KClO4

NaNO3 (not so special but need it ^_^)

And a 1/2" Custom rocket tool I got for free :D From a real good friend. My first real rocket tool ever!

And I got a free 4" HDPE tube the right size and thicknes for firing 4" shells from a collegue of my Dad :D and I will probably get more :D

Today was a good day ^_^

I finally got an Ipod which makes me all happy inside. My Creative Zen Micro was almost out of room so I upgraded.

I just put an episode of The Office on the Ipod. I'm in love..... :D

Sorry to disappoint you jacob but you probably won't get it by Saturday. Fuse has to be sent parcel post and that could take up to 4 weeks.

I hope you get it sooner, but if you don't at least you'll know why ^_^

Funny thing about that; sometimes it takes for f-ing ever, and sometimes it's just a few days. I have no real reason why that's the case, but here's wishing you good thoughts for Saturday.

my order came today, good stuff, the 2.2mm visco burns HOT!, so about six days for shiping to NC, my frends haveing his bonfire next weekend, so it's all good

Yay! Just made my first working aerial shell. A 1-2/3"

Not very special, just used the last "shitty stars" to get rid of 'em and a D1 glitter.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6861/dsc01372fo8.jpg

Video coming soooooooon!

EDIT: www.pudi.dk/video/aerialshell.wmv

I just took my math final. I think I did an acceptable job of 70-85% range. I really hope I get at least 80 or so %. I really need to get a B in math otherwise I can say good bye to one thousand dollars.....

• 4 weeks later...

How to start?

Well two days ago I was rushed to the ER (again) to get oxygen mask, blood oxygen monitoring, IV, ECG etc - the full package. This was for inhaling smoke from my burning flat for ten minutes while fighting the fire, putting it out a minute before the fire department came with 3 cars, paramedics car and police car. The people from the last mentioned car then proceded to seal my flat with that red tape we know from TV. :ph34r:

Yesterday (after prematurely releasing myself out of hospital by signing that paper also called "death wish") I was allowed to watch two police investigators remove that door seal and search all rooms. Did I mention I had been in the middle of several experiments, with glassware and chems in every room, supply cabinet open with 50+ chems and 20+ jam jars with HEs, distilation rig plus crystallisation dishes on the kitchen stove - you get the point. They took photos only of the burned room, plus one (!) of a PC blower (!!) taped to the stove, meant to speed up evaporation. Then they estimated the loss to be 20.000$ and asked for insurance. Sorry dudes haven't got one. :P

Oh yes, and since this is not The Venting Room but Occasional Happieness:

They finally went to the door and said: "We found the reason for the fire was a burning cigarette. This is so common, you won't be charged with anything. This flat is therefore officially released back to you. Have a nice day!"

If doing everything myself, I guess it's 5000 not 20.000 bucks. With an estimated 5 years sentence, that's just 2.70$ for every day not spent in jail. Thank God for blind cops. :D

Or could they have been *that* nice, thinking the poor hobbyist is punished enough? Unlikely! :unsure: