APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

I don't mind growing up, it means I can join the military blow the ever living crap out of everything! B) I am going to LOVE my job, but once I hit about 20 and have completed Demo training I want to just want to stop growing up at about 20.. FAT CHANCE! Oh well, jsut gotta roll with the punches, and I don't plan to be chasing women after 30 so it doesn't really bother me how they look... I don't really care about 18 either I don't want to go to pubs, clubs or ... I need something that rhymes with clubs. The concealed weapons permit won't come until I am 21 :(. On a happier note, we finally got settled down enough to start shooting again so my dad is going to try 'talk me into precision shooting.." yeah Right dad you won't hafta talk long....

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm 17 and a Junior in highschool.... I'm really gonna miss it....hard to believe I only have 1 year of school left! This year went so fast and next year will go faster, kinda scary! Its funny because all my friends hate school so badly and complain and talk about how much they want to get out....but I'm different. I kinda like school and am gonna be depressed when its gone :(

School is definately one of those things that we miss, only when its gone. Working during the summer I long for school. Right now typing here instead of writing a paper, I don't long for it.

Too be honest i dont realy like school and i am looking forward to getting older and starting a family.

Hopefully Friday should mean i will start working on setting up my lab :D

And maybe some time soon i will get my car back and be able to start working on it........(its a toyota starlet btw)

And i have 2 weeks off :D

Ok, small change. If you've read the venting room lately, you would have noticed that my ball mill motor stopped working. This is no longer the case. It is just my shitty house wiring. It works in the basement, but not in the garage where I was originally trying it.

Haha, thats really funny. There have been several times over the years that I have gone out to test something and think its completely screwed up, but it turned out to be a falty socket.

EDIT 4-18: Well I finally managed to get my computer and camera to cooperate, and I'm leaving for a 10 day trip to the mexican riveria in a few days. Good times.

• 2 weeks later...
Ahh....i am quite happy now, finally, after some time i have located a source of high quality craft paper. It weighs a hefty 100grams/m2 or for you yanks it's 60# :P . I feel dumb, they sell it at my local book store as packing paper and comes in poles of 1200mm x 900mm and costs .40 Eur a piece. And tubes rolled with this are extremely strong, just rolled a 4once rocket tube and even when it's wet i can't crush it with my fingers. Either i'm weak or the tube is nice and quality, i think the second option is more likely :D .

I just made an old marshmallow fly at supersonic speeds. Enough said.

EDIT: Nevermind, not enough said. It wasnt supersonic, but when it tumbled it made a whole bunch of cracking noises and a shot horizontal with the ground flew about 100m, flying straight for about 40m, then curving sharply up, with the cracking sounds. Phyiscally impossible to break the sound barrier with just a pneumatic cannon, I hear.

I just learned that I will be going on vacation this summer. B) I haven't been on one in about 10 years so this is very exciting. Won't be going till like July so it's a little far away.

Since I haven't been on one in 10 years I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions to where I could go. I would like to go somewhere that has a good hotel and good restaurants. The last one I went on, the food was terrible.

A good hotel and good resturaunts would be a Holland America cruise ;) . With the added bonus of getting to travel several places.

Me and cruises don't mix. I get sea sick sooo fast. And when I get it I get it bad. I like the idea of visting places but being sea sick and all kinda sucks.

Any way I'm looking to scuba dive (need to get liscenced) and maybe some snorkling.

I was thinking cozumel or grand cayman.

I'm going on vacation (with my family....) in July as well!! We should get togethor and have a pyro party!! I will be on vacation on the 4th of July!

Well, last year over the 4th I was in... Canada. You may remeber, I was disconsolate.

I did cook a few lbs of charcoal in a coffee tin, and took a wicked picture of a 5000ft drop from my belly with someone hanging onto my belt with an ice-axe.

EDIT: and the picture was as a result of booking 20 miles and about 7500ft of gained elevation, round trip. I hope you appreciate it. So, if you like mountains, go to Banff. I usually try to make it there every year or two.

EDIT2: Oh, and the other one is charcoal cooking with vapor igition. Made me happy, and thus, it is preserved as a photogenically pleasing amalgamation of bits and... bytes?

post-9-1146626956_thumb.jpg

I just learned that I will be going on vacation this summer. B) I haven't been on one in about 10 years so this is very exciting. Won't be going till like July so it's a little far away.

Since I haven't been on one in 10 years I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions to where I could go. I would like to go somewhere that has a good hotel and good restaurants. The last one I went on, the food was terrible.

Come to Slovenia ;)

http://home.hetnet.nl/~cmg25/bohinj-meer-mooi.jpg

Wow those places are amazing. I was thinking some kind of beach get away though so I can just chill on the beach and make skin cancer B).

I better bone up on my spanish. Hola. Uno, dos, tres, ect.. AND la cerveza!!!!!

Come to America's wang :P

We would have some fun. Oh, I could always give you a tour of the reactors down here. I *might* have found some ways in :ph34r:

There are some good beaches, and great snorkling areas down here. Also, its fairly fun to swim with manatees, not meaning fat people.

Come to Florida, cometo the wang.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Many people get sick on cruise ships. Thats the beauty of dramamine or bonine. Motion sickness pills single handedly made my cruise possible.

Justanotherpyro- Lucky you. Those pills don't even work on me. I'm wierd.

Me and my family have decided to go to Grand Cayman. I will be able to go swim with sting wrays, dive, and be lazy basically. I will be there about a week and the set date is July 15. Can't wait!!! I have to get a job soon though so that is kind of a bummer but at least I'll have some spending money.

PGF that picture is beautiful. I would love to visit some mountains someday, especially ones like that. Is that where you live or something?

That's our national park, we go there on holidays every year for a week or so. Lot's of things to do there.

You got an adrenaline park, rafting, canoeing, fishing (fly fishing is excelent) there's also paragliding and lots more

And i live in the capital city, Ljubljana. There's only a 1-1.5hour drive to our National park.

We also have a lake with an island :P

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a374/AVP2/Bled.jpg

And if you are into mauntain climbing the trails of the Soška front (1 of the fronts in WW1, there was a whole heck of mountain warfare going on) you will find many remains of the war, bones and grenades and other weapons if you are lucky but most certanly you will find grenades casing and stuff like that.

It's really nice here in Slovenia.

Question- How did they get all those building materials onto that island :blink: That must have been one hell of a consruction job.

You got an adrenaline park, rafting, canoeing, fishing (fly fishing is excelent) there's also paragliding and lots more

I love fly fishing. As a matter of fact, I've though about becomming a full-time fly-fishining bum. What could be better than buying a crappy mini-van and driving around Europe in it fishing all the cools streams and lakes. What natural species of fish are there in Slovenia? I'm under the impression that rainbows breed naturally in those parts of Europe. Here in Finland, all our streams have very poor trout populations and rainbow can't breed naturally at all.

I love fly fishing. As a matter of fact, I've though about becomming a full-time fly-fishining bum. What could be better than buying a crappy mini-van and driving around Europe in it fishing all the cools streams and lakes. What natural species of fish are there in Slovenia? I'm under the impression that rainbows breed naturally in those parts of Europe. Here in Finland, all our streams have very poor trout populations and rainbow can't breed naturally at all.

In Bohinj there are mostly brown and rainbow trout + some smaller but very agressive bass. If you want to fish for some real beasts you should go to Soča (west Slovenia, around Tolmin). Is Soča there is a trout called Soška trout (Salmo trutta marmoratus).

The biggest one cought there was 121cm long and weighed 25kilos. A beast if you ask me.