APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

• 1 month later...
Hi, this forum is great! I am a student working on a sculpture degree in Ohio... pyro has always been a bit of a hobby of mine, so its great to find such a big online community with so much great information!!

• 3 weeks later...
Well after blasting away with posts in other APC forum categories, :blush: I suppose I better introduce myself. My name is Robert, or Bob and screen name is Bobosan. As mentioned in another post, I found interest in this hobby while researching ways to reload 25mm Czech flare cartridges. I have built my own ball mill that is adaptable to a variety of drum sizes and constructed a milling bunker to house it. Have also constructed a star roller, BP burn speed chronograph and currently constructing an automatic black match machine. I'm a tinkerer so these projects will sometimes interest me more than actually messing with the chems. The chems are acquired to test the machines. Yeah, right! LOL ....and as you can see, I'm long winded. -_- Hello to all!!!!

It is alot of fun making the tools needed. Welcome.

Hallo every one. my name is Klas and I am from Sweden I have always been in to pyro, and building my own in a few years now. New year is coming up ,its going to be laud and colorful. Great forum this, have learnt a lot. Thank you guys.

Hello, i'm also new here. I'm from Lithuania (north eastern europe, near baltic sea). i'm interested in pyrotechniks about 3 years. now i'm making shells, gonna make my first rack, for firework show. i also make rcandy rockets, using handmade rocket tooling. Everything i use, is made by me, fuses, shell casings, i even extract potassium nitrate, from 60-70% KNO3 fertilizer, using crystalization. since the fuses are homemade i need to be ultra carefull. due to it sometimes fireworks does not ignite, so i simply go home, and go back after 10 mins, so there is no remaining sparks, whitch could injure me. these humans here are pretty awesome, i'm glad i joined you.

Oinikis (if you haven't heard of my country, we now have negative 5 centigrade, and lots of snow!)

Edited by Oinikis

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone we just wanted to say hello, and let you know we sell mortar tubes and racks. Our website is http://www.manmfireworks.com We are located just south of St. Louis, Mo. If there is anything that we can help you with just let us know.

Happy shooting

figured I'd say hello. Unfortunately this isn't so much a thing or a hobby or the like for me, I'm just here to ask about making a homemade movie prop or two.

G'day, all. Samarkand here all the way from the other side of the pond. Having had quite a bit of awesome fun with fuses and tape last year (after extensive reading into safety and being about as careful with fireworks as one would be with landmines) I have decided I want to go further. To make my fireworks displays more safe and secure.

Not to mention wanting to see what happens in the USA in regards to consumer fireworks and all. (We're not allowed to make fireworks here; I am not even gonna attempt it what with the apparent danger, the annoyance of scared neigbours and whatnot. Rather read up on it, look at other people's work and perhaps go on vacation and see the things in the real and learn from the rest if/when I am there.)

Let's make 2013 an awesome year in regards to pyro, hey?

Hello all, New person from the UK here! Been doing pyro techs for a while and would like to meet new people that I can learn from and ask questions. I did not see this intro. thread so here am I.

• 2 weeks later...
I think that we are about half a dozen Swedes now, one Dane and at least one Norwegian. Fireworks are popular in the Nordic countries. Note that there are even some guys from small countries like Latvia and Lithuania :)

Hi,

I'm David from Manchester,England.

Hooked on Pyro since I was 7 (a long long time ago)

welcome to the assylum.

Dan.

Edited by dan999ification

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I'm PyroKing a.k.a. Thomas and am revisiting an old hobby. While I was googling for info about making SGRS from glutinous rice starch I hit a thread here. Since opening attachments requires you to be registered that is exactly what I did. I've visited this forum before, but always remained just a reader. I love the great info here, it reminds me of the good old Dutch/Belgian community I participated in (chemixtry.tk).

Cya around!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone.

Mine name is Bob and I have been a silent member for sometime.I have tried many of the suggestions and learned many things from this great site.My thanks to all of you.Special thanks to Dag for his help with the blackmatch.