APC Forum

Introductions

Mumbles

Hey guys.

I'm an Aussie moving up from rcandy rockets. Started putting small ball shells on and am loving it!

Hi there, name is Dan. Have been reading everything on this site for many years now and previously from rec.pyrotechnics (any one remember that more than a decade ago.) have only recently decided to join in on this community and hope to learn more and contribute a lot too.

I see so many new names here and I just wanted to say Hi to all of you guys. Welcome aboard and I hope you enjoy you time here.............Pat

Hi! My name is Mark. I am a very verbose retired Network Administrator for a Fortune 500 company. I am a knowledgeable reloader with 40 years experience in firearms and just about every aspect of reloading. I have always been fascinated with just about anything that produces energetic forms of eye and ear candy. Loud music, loud cars, loud guns, and Anything pyro! I am very conservative when it comes to safety. I am still in possession of all of my body parts and remaining that way is of paramount importance. I Will admit that my hearing has taken a severe beating over the years. Rock Music concerts are just not any fun at all with hearing protection. As a teenager in high school I was nicknamed "Pyro" by all of my friends. I will not go into the reason for that nickname as most teenagers are not that well known for their numerous episodes of common sense. I am here because I am very interested in pyrotechnics and want to make use of the vast amounts of hopefully accurate information that the WWW has now put at my disposal. I am a doityourself kind of guy and really enjoy the satisfaction of having an idea and taking it all the way to a working reality. I am very aware of how important it is to always "DO ALL OF MY HOMEWORK" before proceeding in potentially dangerous projects. I do have a fair number of successful projects under my belt and hope to do as good here. I usually get at least 2 opinions on subjects that I am unfamiliar with so please dont be offended when I post the same questions to multiple members in order to get consistant opinions.

Boy! Can I ramble on about me or what! Sorry.

Looking forward to learning alot.

Mark

Hey everyone!

My name is Brandon, from southeast Wisconsin

I would like to get more into pyro and chemistry seeing that I'm not to experienced at all haha

I guess I see you all around on the threads!

welcome aboard and stay safe.

My name is Brian, I'm a retired A.F. Veteran currently living in Texas. I have been interested in Pyrotechnics for many years. I started making BP, and small canister shells(with Flying Fish or Falling Leaf Fuse) a couple years ago. Moving up to three inch shells and making my own stars. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas! :D

Hi all,

My name is Bas. I am from the Netherlands, 23 years old, and create my own fireworks for new year's eve for the past 5-6 years now. I have learned a lot from the information on this forum, so keep up the good work!

Hi welcome...!!

Stay safe.:-)

My name is Brian, I'm a retired A.F. Veteran currently living in Texas. I have been interested in Pyrotechnics for many years. I started making BP, and small canister shells(with Flying Fish or Falling Leaf Fuse) a couple years ago. Moving up to three inch shells and making my own stars. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Merry Christmas! :D

Hello Brian! A fellow Texan! I go to college in Lubbock which isn't too terribly far from Abilene. I'd really enjoy a possible meet up to build shells together etc. Welcome to the forum!

Hi, my name is Mike, I was in the USMC and my MOS (job) was 1371 combat engineer. I used several types of explosives like, C4, Pentium (det cord), shape charges, TnT, and so on. I am still interested in it and would love to further educate myself. Maybe with the help of this forum and all of you, I can do just that. I didn't have anything to do with rockets but would love to learn more.

Thanks and Semper Fi

Welcome aboard...!!

Detonation talk should be discussed in HE sections Only.

Hello!

My name is Curtis and I'm mainly interested in the pyrotechnic art because of necessity.

My plan is to lurk around the site looking for some easy and safe solutions to use for in-camera special effects for independent cinema.

Of course, any suggestions are always welcome!

I look forward to borrowing from your knowledge and getting to interact with you!

Thanks!

Hello everyone, name is Adam. I have been building model rockets since I was 10 years old. After my greatest reloadable rocket exploded in the sky due to cracks in fuel grain, I found out it is more fun having stuff blow up in the sky.

Now I build rockets ranging from bottle rockets to 2lb and shells up to 3".

Anyway nice to be here and I hope to learn lots.

PS. If you live in europe like I do you might want to stock up on POTASSIUM PERCHLORATE for a rainy day. After March 2nd 2016 every hobbyist owning chlorates and perchlorates becomes branded a criminal and potential terrorist. You can thank Breivik, extremist muslims and kids blowing off their fingers for that one. Peace.

You both are welcome. .

Welcome here.

Adword from which country are you from in europe?

Also every Europe based one should maybe think about stocking up on Perc, as it won't be able to be shipped after middle of 2014.

Also after march 2nd 2016 you will need to get a permission to own perc, nitrate and chlorate.. I just hope that the countries wgich now allows building pyro will grant em very easy

Hello, I just thought I should make an introductory post.

I don't have much free time, but what I do scrounge together will be either here or in my lab.

I look forward to many educated conversations with you all in the future!

• Like 1

Hi, my name is Jim, I live in Illinois. Been working with fireworks for a couple years now but lately I have been putting a lot of time into research. Other than fireworks I build and fly RC airplanes.

lately I have been putting a lot of time into research. Other than fireworks I build and fly RC airplanes.

Wow interesting. ....

welcome to the forum..!!