APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

I'm in the north also, I couldn't use an 8 to hunt. Not that I actually would want to lug one around anywhere but the gun range. A two gauge is crazy, no way I would trust firing one that was an antique, I guess I probably wouldn't trust an old 8 either, especially with a damascus barrel.

It would be a cool project to make a large gauge break barrel like that out of modern steel sometime. A lot of those larger gauges had brass shell casings that guys would reload with black powder by hand. You could still fire them cheap in the same way if you found some of those casings to reload, or even machined some new ones.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
I was watching the Saints game and the end of the Bills game. When I had switched on the Lions/Vikings game, it seemed less interested than the others. It certainly didn't turn out that way.

I was watching the Saints game and the end of the Bills game. When I had switched on the Lions/Vikings game, it seemed less interested than the others. It certainly didn't turn out that way.

Yeah they were down 0-20 at halftime. Great comeback. They're now 3-0, lookin good. A lot of people happy in Detroit.

Got to fire 1163 shot shells, on three different sporting clays courses over 3 days. Good buddies, lots'a ammo, hard to beat that.

sore shoulder!

yes, a bit. I'm sadly out of shape for the shotgun sports. Used to shoot about 500 rounds a week. Now with a family I'm lucky to shoot that in six months. My hit percentage also shows the lack of practice.

. My hit percentage also shows the lack of practice.

Hell I practice and still cant hit squat! I do better with doves than ducks/geese but I have a good time!

Today's purchase. Reminds me of an old college girlfriend... dirty, but fun.

Did we go to the same school?!?!?!?!

Edited by guntoteninfadel

Baaahhaahaa

Tonight, 19 geese, 3 ducks, 8 guys, north of 150 rounds fired. Poor, poor, poor. Ah well, the guy who took them makes delicious jerky. Can't wait for he northern birds to show, shouldn't be long now, getting colder up north.

Baaahhaahaa

Tonight, 19 geese, 3 ducks, 8 guys, north of 150 rounds fired. Poor, poor, poor. Ah well, the guy who took them makes delicious jerky. Can't wait for he northern birds to show, shouldn't be long now, getting colder up north.

Duck and goose doesn't open here until next weekend. We'll be out scouting the next few days. Ready to slam em. Sounds like you had a very successful hunt.

I just ran one of those feathered yard rats down last night, I have no idea why you all want one of those nasty things...

-dag

I just ran one of those feathered yard rats down last night, I have no idea why you all want one of those nasty things...

-dag

because they are delicious!!

grazing animal, almost like very fine grained beef http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/Algenco/cartoons/18.gif

Deer season opens tomorrow AM here in Indiana. Low of 34 tonight, cant wait to go sit in a tree tomorrow morning. I agree with Al the geese taste very much like beef they make great goose and noodles.

Steve

grazing animal, almost like very fine grained beef http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/Algenco/cartoons/18.gif

I wonder if I can get all 50 of them yard rats into a box for you Al...

-dag

Edited by dagabu

Agreed! I know I've posted this before, but you don't have to wrap it in bacon or turn into jerky. Try a slow braise in coconut milk with curry and diced apple. Cut on a slight bias and serve on a bed of basmati rice with a robust glass of red. Heaven!

I don't tell this to any of my hunting friends. They unload their goose breasts on me. I'm trying to convince them that venison back straps are poisonous as well.

I wonder if I can get all 50 of them yard rats into a box for you Al...

-dag

send em, I like em !!!!!!!

just be certain you comply will the Federal regulations, you think it's a pain shipping pyro stuff just wait until you read the US Fish and Wildlife regs :)

send em, I like em !!!!!!!

just be certain you comply will the Federal regulations, you think it's a pain shipping pyro stuff just wait until you read the US Fish and Wildlife regs :)

I was thinking of running them through the blender first and just double bagging the box ;)

-dag

I was thinking of running them through the blender first and just double bagging the box ;)

-dag

nooo! fillet the breasts http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr47/Algenco/cartoons/18.gif

There is not much I will not eat but goose and duck is an "aquired" taste. Little fishy for my likes but my hunting buddy eats all I can give him. Deer and wild hog............ whole different story!

Deer season opens tomorrow AM here in Indiana.

Opens here too. I have to work until Thursday :angry: . Oh well, until next weekend.