APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

In my opinion, if you don't have an exact tone in mind that you're looking for from your guitar (and I mean EXACT), you don't need a tube amp yet. Some of the solid states, particularly the older model Peavey amps sound excellent. I think by the time anyone needs a tube amp they will already know which one they want and why just by having heard them in the past. If you can't hear for yourself why you want a particular amp, don't buy it. The most important thing about guitar is sounding good to yourself.

Vox AC30 - there is no substitute. (Though Fender Twin Reverb owners would dispute that.)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Vox AC30 - there is no substitute. (Though Fender Twin Reverb owners would dispute that.)

I shouldn't speak on too much authority, I'm mostly an acoustic guy that plays electric because that's what's most needed in the church band. I only know about the limited amount of equipment I own and have used.

I have been wrestling with some design issues on a pyro related prodject for 6 or 7 months, trying to overcome size, weight, portability and control issues.

Today, I figured it out a design that is so toilet flush simple, inexpensive and cost effective it made me bust out laughing so hard it hurts :rolleyes: .

Edited by oldguy

Well congrats OG on that thing you told us nothing about!

I can relate to having control issues over sizable and weighty things prior to a toilet flush, but how that relates to pyro beats me.

Well congrats OG on that thing you told us nothing about!

It is a charcoal retort.

I am not going to spill the beans about it, until it's built & I can post a few pictures.

• 4 months later...

Work has been exhausting lately. I have been training a very green new employee, reviewing charts for QA purposes and working very long hours to cover for people who are off. May was also too dry. It finally rained, and after leaving the station after being there for 3 days straight, I was greeted with a huge double rainbow all the way home. I am not intending to sound too sappy, but it really did help clear up being in bad mood after these long shifts.

2012-06-02_19-12-37_101.jpg

just won 20 lbs of chems from skylighter in their magnesium chips contest :) i am a very happy man

WHOAOAAA! DOUBLE RAINBOW!!! WHAT DOES IT MEAN?! IT'S SO BRIGHT AND VIVID! (Sorry, I have a tendency to regurgitate things I see in viral videos)

I've been waiting to hear whether or not my cousins visiting Michigan would interfere with me going to PGI. Finally found out they are visiting the week before PGI, so it does not interfere!

Of course, I still have to make sure I can take enough time off work to enjoy both of those things. I'm burning through vacation days like crazy this year. At this rate I'll be working through the holidays...

• 3 weeks later...

Shot a 20 minute show last night in perfect weather, little breeze (1-2 mph) and starry sky. It was choreographed by a new and hungry pyro and was a great spectacle. Prisoners came in this morning to clean up so breaking down and stowing racks was the only thing we had to do. A good after glow party and "Pyros" on the big screen capped the night well.

-dag

Edited by dagabu

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to quit coffee and found 100 grams of Darjeeling tea, that I had forgotten that I had, in the cupboard. :)

I'm trying to quit coffee...

That might be the saddest thing I have ever heard! 2ohmy.gif

-dag

I'm trying to quit coffee and found 100 grams of Darjeeling tea, that I had forgotten that I had, in the cupboard. :)

You are aware, I suppose, that gram for gram, indian teas contain more caffeine than coffee?

(I assume it's the caffeine you're trying to quit)

I never heard of anyone producing a decaffeinated tea. I suppose such a thing could exist but it would probably taste hideous. Decaffeinated coffees only exist because many coffee drinkers don't know what a good cup of coffee should taste like - even the nastiest home brewed decaf tastes better than the weak, bitter, burnt shit you usually get served in a restaurant. My experience of habitual tea drinkers is that they're very particular about the taste and would probably think decaf tea was completely ruined.

• 2 years later...
I am so thankful to be a part of this community, and for all of the help from everyone here. If there's ever ANYTHING I can do for any of you please don't hesitate to ask.

You are aware, I suppose, that gram for gram, indian teas contain more caffeine than coffee?

(I assume it's the caffeine you're trying to quit)

I never heard of anyone producing a decaffeinated tea. I suppose such a thing could exist but it would probably taste hideous. Decaffeinated coffees only exist because many coffee drinkers don't know what a good cup of coffee should taste like - even the nastiest home brewed decaf tastes better than the weak, bitter, burnt shit you usually get served in a restaurant. My experience of habitual tea drinkers is that they're very particular about the taste and would probably think decaf tea was completely ruined.

I roast my beans at home (new thread?) to French/French plus, 45 seconds past second crack and just after a sheen of oil starts to show on the beans. That burns off about half the caffeine.

I am so thankful to be a part of this community, and for all of the help from everyone here. If there's ever ANYTHING I can do for any of you please don't hesitate to ask.

We are glad you are here!

Your a good guy Mike. We are all glad your still with us and still here on APC!

Thanks you two.

Dag and BB, occasional happiness? Really?

To me, you two are exemplars of the pinnacle of human perseverance. Despite your experiences, you are still willing to share whatever you have. I live with one like that. I see everyday what chronic cancer and perpetual chemo does. I should hope to be half the person.

It is people like you that make me hold hope for the human condition.

Every day is a blessing, God bless you both .

Now that's flattery at it's finest. I don't even know how to respond, except to say IMO it's harder to watch others suffer than to deal with your own, self inflicted injuries. Thank you for the kind words.

Dag and BB, occasional happiness? Really?

To me, you two are exemplars of the pinnacle of human perseverance. Despite your experiences, you are still willing to share whatever you have. I live with one like that. I see everyday what chronic cancer and perpetual chemo does. I should hope to be half the person.

It is people like you that make me hold hope for the human condition.

Every day is a blessing, God bless you both .

Thanks Otto but I am doing really well and God is good. The cast came off yesterday and I am once again touch typing (YIPEE!) and turning the handles on the lathe. I have several sets of tooling to get knocked out this morning for the Boy Scouts, they will be making 3/16" motors. At then its off to harvest grapes for a friend and have a meal with the group.

Stay Green, stay safe, practise safe mastication, always use a condiment!

• 5 years later...

Occasional Happiness: Its a great time spend with family.

Yeah they were down 0-20 at halftime. Great comeback. They're now 3-0, lookin good. A lot of people happy in Detroit.

Sorry I HAD to! Dunno if Night is around much any more, but Hahahaha... nothing has changed in Detroit! Ripped out our hearts that year and ever since..like always.

Sorry to kick this up, but the laugh was good :D