APC Forum

Occasional Happiness

Draco_Aster

No offense stckmndn, but isn't the proper spelling "Happiness" ?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mumbles

• mormanman

• tentacles

• Bonny

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No offense stckmndn, but isn't the proper spelling "Happiness" ?

Of course it is. Ha ha! It was just a smart ass remark about it being wrong for so long.

I was a little cranky when I posted it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had good times these days, I was at my best friend's house, helping her father with some heavy work involving shovels, wheelbarrows, rubble and mud. I am tired, but I liked it, because I'm workaholic, I like the fresh air and the nature, instead of staying in this crappy capital doing nothing. :)

We fired some junk fireworks I had to rid off (posted in the Aerial shell topic).

Also, I got some nice pine to turn into charcoal and I made myself a cheapo 5" caseformer :).

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/9067/picture209nv.th.jpg http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4852/picture208h.th.jpg http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9246/picture207.th.jpg

Dagabu, it is filled with plaster, but not all. It it hollow in the center. But still, it isn't light.

Dont' get me wrong, I like them heavy, helps keep the winding tight. Nice Idea and design.

-dag

Whitesnake and Judas Priest played yesterday! A total time of 9 hours with other non favourite bands such as Slade, Saxon and Mike&The mechanics. My voice is muddy and my neck hurts, but the performance was GREAT!

Halford gave Breaking the law to be sang by the public. He let us sing the whole song!

• 1 month later...

It's early goose hunting season, I've got a brand new (to me) boat, and the alarm clock is set for 4:30 am. Come 6 I'll be sipping hot apple cider from my thermos and waiting for the birds to fly in. I love this time of year.

God willing I'll be eating goose bites off the bbq by noon.

Edited by NightHawkInLight

It's early goose hunting season, I've got a brand new (to me) boat, and the alarm clock is set for 4:30 am. Come 6 I'll be sipping hot apple cider from my thermos and waiting for the birds to fly in. I love this time of year.

God willing I'll be eating goose bites off the bbq by noon.

open here to, might go later in the week

Canada goose? Hiell, all I have to do is kick one in the head walking across my lawn May thru September...

-dag

That's because they know they're not being hunted there. Believe it or not they're about the hardest bird to hunt. Half the time you need to shoot them three times before they'll hit the ground.

They're feathered rats down here too, but they're fun to shoot and taste good wrapped in bacon!

They're feathered rats down here too, but they're fun to shoot and taste good wrapped in bacon!

everything edible tastes atleast good wrapped in bacon :)

it really takes 3 shots to drop a bird ?

Steel shot sux, bismuth is better but nothingbeats lead. Not being a smarta$$ but if it takes three shots either bird is too far or your leading the bird not enough(shooting him I'n the body). Do not get me wrong, whether it's doves ducks or geese I average three birds to a box of shells(and I suffer the ribbing that goes with that). I have friends though that never carry more than 6 or seven shells and limit out every time.

<br />Steel shot sux, bismuth is better but nothingbeats lead. Not being a smarta$$ but if it takes three shots either bird is too far or your leading the bird not enough(shooting him I'n the body). Do not get me wrong, whether it's doves ducks or geese I average three birds to a box of shells(and I suffer the ribbing that goes with that).  I have friends though that never carry more than 6 or seven shells and limit out every time.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

<br />Steel shot sux, bismuth is better but nothingbeats lead. Not being a smarta$$ but if it takes three shots either bird is too far or your leading the bird not enough(shooting him I'n the body). Do not get me wrong, whether it's doves ducks or geese I average three birds to a box of shells(and I suffer the ribbing that goes with that).  I have friends though that never carry more than 6 or seven shells and limit out every time.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Baah, you bought the shotty to hear it go bang, not look at it! Think of all the guting and plucking your missing out on by being a pi$$ poor shot.

Steel shot sux, bismuth is better but nothingbeats lead. Not being a smarta$$ but if it takes three shots either bird is too far or your leading the bird not enough(shooting him I'n the body). Do not get me wrong, whether it's doves ducks or geese I average three birds to a box of shells(and I suffer the ribbing that goes with that). I have friends though that never carry more than 6 or seven shells and limit out every time.

your not far off the average on Doves.

1 of 7

I'm one of the guys that keeps that average from being much worse :)

Look, my lab got mad one morning after about the tenth or eleventh shot and tried to bite me cause I wouldn't let her retrieve the other guys ducks. Thought I was going to have to shoot her! I have tried and tried and burnt up literally thousands of rounds shooting skeet and trap. Went through multiple guns and chokes because it can't be that I suck! Bottom line is that I can't wingshoot worth a darn. I'm ok with that at this point I'n my life.

I don't mind popping off the shells and missing geese, as long as I get a few. I only get to pull out the shotgun a couple times a year, so might as well pound some rounds through it. Oh yeah, steel shot does suck, but it's nice and cheap.

I only went goose hunting once when I was about 19. My buddy and I headed out with a John boat, licenses, My SEARS pump 12 ga. and his single shot 8 ga. The 8 ga. had a 46" long barrel and shot #4 buck. The shells were older then I was and when I shot the first round, it knocked me clear off the seat (I weighed a whopping 144#) and into the bottom of the boat.

I have no idea if I hit anything and other then the inability to hear, the bruise on am A**, a bruised shoulder and an egg on the back of my head, I was fine.

My buddy does the same thing, takes aim, leads them, shoots, ends up in the back of the boat with the same injuries.

We rowed back in to the shore, loaded the boat up, emptied the guns, drove back home without saying another word about that day. It has been about 25 years since then and the only thing we ever say about it is, "Remember that 8 gauge?" We both just do a tight lipped smile and nod.

-dag

Steel shot sux, bismuth is better but nothingbeats lead. Not being a smarta$$ but if it takes three shots either bird is too far or your leading the bird not enough(shooting him I'n the body).

That's my point, they can take three body shots, you need to hit them in the head or neck to make them fall. Most other birds come down in one solid hit regardless of where it's placed, hence goose being more difficult to hunt. We got lucky last night and two of us took three in one flight. Might have had a few more if I hadn't been paddling out in a kayak catching a runaway decoy when they flew in.

Dag, I would love to shoot an 8 gauge. Your buddy still have it? My hunting buddies are always whining about my gun being too loud because I've got a short ported barrel and fire 3 1/2" magnum rounds, they'd about die if I showed up to duck camp one year with an 8.

The 8ga. will bring a smile to someones face every time it is fired. Usually to the observers, but occasionally the gunner. I've had the pleasure of firing one several times, an old damascus steel barrel. We turn down kiln gun shells, reload them with black and 3 1/2 oz slugs and let her rip. Always good for a giggle. There was a 2 gauge for sale at a local gun show last winter. Unfortunately it didn't look safe to fire, and the guy wouldn't deal, or I'd of bought it.

Can you guys hunt with 8ga down there legally? Up here in the great commie north as large as we can use for migratory is 10 ga.