APC Forum

Random Thread #1

Rooster

nope detonator is a device used to trigger an explosive device it usually contains HE's itself. an ematch is just to wires that heat up due to electrical resistance igniting a fuse.

nope detonator is a device used to trigger an explosive device it usually contains HE's itself. an ematch is just to wires that heat up due to electrical resistance igniting a fuse.

Ok. Well oskar becareful in what you say. (Mormanman you too.)

damn, I still fail to find graphite rods. I looked in tons of hardware stores and all have only the welding rods. I have a kickass PSU and I want to use it.

Does anybody know where i can buy 3" paper ball shell casings in europe?

i'm in a urgent need of shell casings. :unsure:

thanks

thanks

Supplier Review theard. Maybe that will help.

Mormonman, please refrain from posting unless you are actually contributing something of use, of which a large majority of your posts do not. Theres very little use offering advice in an area you know even less about. There isn't a single post/supplier in the review section that offers what he is looking for that I saw.

There was one post discussing it as a group buy, but I don't think anything came of it.

With that out of the way, the only place that I know of to sell paper hemispheres from within europe is Plasticos Gamon. There are places that will ship to europe as well. Try sending out some e-mails to suppliers, and go from there. If it is really urgent, I'd imagine you are generally shit out of luck on this one. I'd try over at the UK Pyro Society. They will know more on the matter than I, or many others here.

thanks

Being an european pyro myself, this is a problem that I've had to deal with for some time. Cannonfuse used to ship shells and parts overseas, but they don't offer international shipping anymore. I placed my most recent order with http://www.freewebs.com/supremepyro/index.htm. This shop is located in China, but I remember that shipping to Finland was quite fast and affordable. Pyrotubes.com will also ship hemis to Europe. If you must order your things within Europe, you can try, as Mumbles suggested, contacting Plasticos Gamon. You may find more info at UKPS.

holx: for graphite try asking at shops that do EDM work - try places that make molds for metal and glass, or try ebay for "EDM graphite"

They use electricity to erode materials, typically ones that are difficult to machine, or for odd shapes that can't be machined normally. EDM graphite is VERY dense and hard, rather than the cheap porous stuff (like gouging rods).

thanks for the replies.....

Gamon plastics sells only 2000 units/shell size....very strange.

i'll keep looking and asking.....

Has anyone ordered from Pyrodirect.com ? I am looking into ordering some kraft paper and their name came up. I am determined to figure out paper pasting when I get back home and have time to continue pyro. I am also curios about their shell casings as well at 65 cents a set for 3"

If anyone has any tips on a good place to order kraft paper from and/or the correct weight to use for 3" and 4" shells ( I'm thinking maybe 40lb ) they would be more than appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. My god I love food.

Me too. I had mashed potateos w/ giblet gravey, a turkey, a ham, green bean caseroll, rolls w/ honey, some other stuff I can't remember and I finished the fusing on this super cool thing for my date. Let me elaberate.

Its 8 aerail shells, to a comet, to a lift charge to push the mortar off the fountain beneath then, to a fountain.

I hope it works if anyone says anything about how if won't work I'd be glad to fix it to make it work.

BTW, my brother designed this map for a firing box and its not working. Any feedback would be nice.

http://i5.tinypic.com/6jp4ne1.jpg

I hope all had a good ThanksGiving, I know I did, mmm smoked turkey! I also, as of monday, now own 35 acres of corn field (5 acres of wooded waterway) I am going to shoot 3" shells of wild flower seed, acorns and other seeds over the land to kinda reclimate it back to woodlands, I think it will be the easy way to get stuff to grow!

Also the turkey I had comes from my work, as I am a butcher at a small locker plant, if any one lives in central IL. you may have seen some of our products.

if any one likes beef jerky give me a email and i will send you a sample in the mail (vacum sealed of course) (US only).

rev.redneck@yahoo.com

www.jandjproducts.net

just rambling, thanks

I I am going to shoot 3" shells of wild flower seed, acorns and other seeds over the land to kinda reclimate it back to woodlands

Lol thats great, extreme reforestry!

I I am going to shoot 3" shells of wild flower seed, acorns and other seeds over the land to kinda reclimate it back to woodlands

Lol thats great, extreme reforestry!

No kidding...maybe you could "prime" the seeds with a layer of KNO3 / potting soil to give them a little fertilizer head-start :D

BTW, my brother designed this map for a firing box and its not working. Any feedback would be nice.

I'm assuming that those red/black modules are supposed to be speaker terminals or the like, where you can insert a wire into each color. If so, that design should work...it's a basic switched-ground circuit, but you need to add some diodes to prevent back-firing current into the other cues.

I'm assuming that those red/black modules are supposed to be speaker terminals or the like, where you can insert a wire into each color. If so, that design should work...it's a basic switched-ground circuit, but you need to add some diodes to prevent back-firing current into the other cues.

Ok, I'll be sure to tell him.

I hope all had a good ThanksGiving, I know I did, mmm smoked turkey! I also, as of monday, now own 35 acres of corn field (5 acres of wooded waterway)

rev, congrats on the acquisition of the land. You're a man after my own heart; smoked meats...jerky...acreage....a pyro.

I'd be willing to trade jerky recipes, but if you're in the business I'll need to ask for a share of the profits, as my recipe will make you into an international multi-million dollar business. I'd sell the stuff myself, but I don't want to jeopardize my amateur status. Not that I want to brag.......