APC Forum

The venting room

Pretty green flame

You are thinking of 2 different things apperently because cloves where I come from (USA) are a spicey seasoning(garlic), and I have never died from eating it.

What the sidewinder is thinking of methinks is Zinc Oxide eugenol(called oil of cloves or clove oil), it is used in temporary fillings, the cloves I believe optimus was talking about were garlic cloves.

you can also buy "clove essential oils" that relax and soothe muslces, you 2 are obviously talking about differnet things.

Nope, garlic cloves are definatly different from the other cloves. Garlic cloves, to my knowledge, have no pain killing properties. They are just bundles of garlic that haven't been cut up. The cloves we are talking about is also a spice. It is somewhat related to nutmeg I believe. It is a red to brown powder or whole, that looks kind of like a nail. If you use garlic when you should use real cloves, I have a feeling your food will taste like shit. :P

Feel free to look here if you don't believe me. I don't know where you live in the US, but I have never heard of anyone else mistaking garlic cloves for the spice clove.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clove

I will go with mumbles on this one as the spice is what came to my mind first.

I have heard of this remady but I thought it was crap. Maybe there is truth to it, I just usually have had a novocaine injection when my teeth hurt(damn those dentists and their pulling ways!)

I like to use this spice in a few dishes I cook (yes, cooking is fun, and tasty :lol: ) I use a pinch, maybe less in combination with cilantro for a very nice, unique flavor.

Yay i finally got my internet back! And it only took the phone company 4 months to connect my line, stupid iPrimus grrr...

Sorry for this random vent :D

My boss was being a bitch today. Fuck it. Some stupid little asian fuck decided to steal my ap physics binder and the ap exam is on the 8th. And I just feel like shit.

Ahh! The forum is not in English. You're from Solvenia right, PGF?

I am indeed.

I HATE FIBERGLASS WITH A PASSION!

It is evil, when you cut it, the threads go everywhere, stinging and burning as they land on you. I have started using a butane torch to cut it, and it prevents this swarm or needle strings, but not all of them. am working off my 5ft x 20ft roll, and it throws off these damn suckers!

After I have glassed my rockets, I must sand it, and now I have a GD itching powder falling off on me. IT'S EVIL!

Damn what I do for some of these projects.

I need carbon fiber :ph34r:

Well right now Im just feeling very shitty. I pretty much hate college and everything that goes along with it with the exception of living alone/with my girlfreind. I hate the drinking, the drugs, the immature frat kids, the stupid tools, the dumb girls that are like I love my girliess Aahahaaa. Fuck off. I wish I could just graduate and be on my own.

I hate my girlfreind ditching me on the weekends at nights and going off to parties without me. I hate how when she comes back, theres some # of pictures with her drunk and hugging other guys on facebook and I hate having to ask her about and her saying you don't trust me. I really especially hate tonight where I had to wait for her to get ready, not go with my friends to the party that were all supposed to go to and then because I went late with her not be able to get in at all. I hate how she loves me to death when I can write her chem labs for her or help her with the chem she doesnt know and then pushes me away when I try to kiss her later. I hate being treated second and I hate how shes so selfish. I hate how I am scared to breakup with her to find someone that is better and nicer and loving. I hate knowing I wouldnt be able to find someone that is as pretty as her, that would give me a chance because Im not the same as all the other frat bitches. I hate knowing and being able to figure out that everything she does with me has an ulterior motive. I hate feeling sad around her when I should be happy. I hate how she takes her freinds advice and peoples advice about how to deal with a serious relationship that is ours. I hate questioning my intentions in this relationship. I hate having to do stuff to please her and just her. I hate having to suck it up all the time, put my feelings aside for her, and live underneath her when shes alright, and I hate how I'm just the one always there for her when she needs it. I hate how when I tell her I love her that sometimes she doesnt say anything back. I hate all of her friends and how they judge us without being us. I hate how they say shes spending too much time with me. I hate how she takes advice from all of them when theyve never had a relationship. I hate thinking about if I ended it with her that she go sleep with another guy the next night. I hate how she says sex is 'no big deal'. I hate that she was easy and she gave into me so fast. I hate college, I want to go home, yet I want to be able to live with her. I want to be able to sleep in the same bed with her. I want to be able to touch her in front of her mom when we're 19 and obviously together. I hate how she is too embarrased to kiss me goodbye in front of her mom. I hate how she is so liberal and doesnt agree with me on anything.

this is pretty much the only place i can write and have her not see it. thanks. in response to kilo, my entire first semester i spent drinking/hooking up with random girls/partying. i seemed to have found the nice, not party girl that is still pretty but mabye i was wrong. I dunno. I do feel she is using me hardcore, but sometimes I dont. She is very tricky.

Um, sorry to say this dude but you're her bitch.

And by the way, give drinking a try it's fun, so are the parties and so are all the shitty drunk girls. You're not liking college cause you're not taking advantage of any of the fun things.

Drop the bitch, she's using you and not puting out.

For once thats one thing I dont hate about her. The sex life. Its great. I love this girl as much as I think I can, and I would marry her, just I get so, not even mad, just sad sometimes, mabye Im depressed I dunno. I actually mentioned that to her once and she said she would be mad becuase Im depressed and Im together with her.///

oh, no, thats just the feeling of all your ambition dying as you realize sex is more important to you in a relationship than anything else, and that all the misery that you have in this relationship is made up for by the sex.

it's also the feeling of realizing that the sex won't last, that sooner or later the lines will cross, and it will all come apart, because you won't want sex as much as she does and you'll have to figure out what the hell you have in common- which, even from just reading this, I can say is just about zero.

sorry to be such a pessimist.

If sex is the only "good" thing about your relationship, then you arn't in love. That is lust, not love. There is a big difference between the two. I don't think i have experienced love yet. I have a "friend with benefits" we arn't going out. I care about her a lot, but im not in love with her...

I've had a pretty similar college experience. Less girlfriends and more drinking though. I really hate everything about college that isn't my classes. Everyone I meet is so fake and just fucking stupid. All the girls are fat ugly stuck up coastie cunt bitches, to put it nicely. Due to my last roomate, I now hate practically all people from california. Yes, he singly ruined it for almost 34 million people. I don't know how one person can have so much douche bag in him, but he definatly defies the laws of physics on that one. He is the epitome of absolutly everything that I hate in a human being.

I also hate facebook. All it serves is a central place to show off how drunk you got last weekend. There are 50 pictures of me, I am drunk or drinking in 49 of them. The only one I'm not is from my graduation.

I understand you very much like your girlfriend, but things need to change if you want to stay with her. It is not healthy to keep all that bottled up inside. Let her know what is bothering you. You can do it a bit at a time, but I would probably start with the whole her going out and drinking all the time with random frat guys. They arn't interested in her for conversation or friendship. When she questions your trust of her, she is just trying to lay a guilt trip on you, and get you to give in. From what you have said, I get the impression she is controlling, manipulative, and selfish. I see three main points of action one may take from here.

1. Break up with her, plain and simple. You said it yourself, you could find someone else who is just as pretty, and probably a much better person.

2. Turn the tables on her. Start going out with random, very attractive girls, and getting lots of pictures. Stop giving into her. Go out when you want to, with who you want to. Don't always do what she wants. Have fun without her. If she truely feels the same way about you, as you do her, hopefully she will learn the error of her ways, and stop being so controlling, selfish, and manipulative. It may hurt you to do it, but it will show if she truely likes you, or is just using you.

3. Keep giving in, and nothing will change.

I used to have the same problems with girls. I couldn't stand up for myself, and just always did what they wanted. They went off and did their thing, and came to me when they felt like it. They had me wrapped around their little fingers. I just got tired of it one day, and actually stood up for myself once. I told her I needed to be by myself for a bit, we're talking like 2 weeks. There was a bunch of other shit going on in my life too. I realized that there were other, much more important things than girls. It felt good. Pretty much she freaked out at me, called me insensitive, and stopped talking to me for like 5 months. Long story short, she is hypersensitive and can't function without someone to control and be around, and expected me to be the same way, which is not the way I am.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm definetly going to start laying some shit down on the line and she can take it as it hits her.

Yes, I think finally someone sees the same way I do about stupid tool guys and dumb girls. I really just hate idiots.

I've had the same girlfriend for... 4 years. As sappy as it sounds, I've loved her since before I knew what love was. Not everythings been great and awsome, quite the contrary sometimes, and we do have an odd relationship, but it all works, somehow.

Sorry to hear about your expierence with California Guys, Mumbles. I have had the entire opposite, as my brothers wife's little brother is perhaps the coolest person I know. He likes chemistry, electronics, programming, all that. However, odds are, you will get a jackass from California. Al is from CA, however. We love him.

I am in kind of a unique situation with college. It is a midwest school, but has a lot of nationwide students. Not neccesarily because it is a good school, but because people want to party. Great atmosphere, and great academics, too bad there are 30,000 morons to fuck it up.

I can relate to the stupid tool guys and dumb girls. I have seen enough pink polo shirts with the collar popped to last me more than a lifetime. The girls really take dumb to a whole new level. I mean, some of them are attractive, but the dumbness, holy shit, it kills anything they may have going for them. Also, UGG boots are fucking rediculous and just stupid looking. From walking around campus, you'd think every girl is an eskimo, with eyes 3" in diameter due to the size of their sunglasses.

Yes, I know Al is from CA. There are a few other members from CA too, some people I really enjoy talking to as well. Maybe I should narrow it to southern CA, though there are still some exceptions. I've actually had difficulties with many coasties, in general. Coasties being people from the coasts. In general on campus they are stuck up and spoiled, and not used to not getting their way. They also seem to have the illusion they are better than everyone else. I try to be hospitable, but some just are just beyond civility and need some foot-to-ass treatment.

Sorry to hear that. I am seriously considering your university, but MIT would have less... dumb people. But, you make money going where you do. If your a white male, and not Stephen Hawking, chances are MIT wont give you anything and you pay 44,000 a year.

Ok, this is a weird trend, I have had almost the same thing happen, minus the good sex life. I was giving in for the longest time, when really I should have just dropped her. Trust me, giving in for a long time just makes it all the worse when she ends up tired of you.

I would love to take you guys' places. Oh and I hate you guys for talking so ill of your cituations!! :P

When it comes to girls my life is absolutely empty.....and always has been..... I am 17 years old and have never, I repeat never, had a girlfriend or even a date. For some reason beyond my understanding girls just never find me interesting.... I am friends with all these gorgeous girls but anytime I try to take things farther I get shutdown!! It's frustrating....when I like a girl, she doesn't like me and then when a girl likes me, I don't like her (I might add this is a real rarity and has happened 3 times in my life).

I really don't know what my problem is....I'm friendly, funny, and make everyon laugh. As far as looks I take myself to be atleast decent looking and judging from some of the guys at school with hot gf's I figured looks didn't matter to much anyhow!! It's just so frustrating to be out with friends and see girls hitting on my buddies or whatever and I never seem to get noticed!! :rolleyes:

My Junior prom is this Friday and guess what!! I have no date so I will be working on prom night.... I asked one girl, she asked her parents and claim they said she didn't have time (I asked her 2 weeks before prom) and they didn't want her to go anyway (she's a freshman). But personally I think that was just an excuse because she didn't want to go but didn't want to hurt my feelings.....

So having girlfriend troubles would be a nice change from the monotaumy of my life. It kinda sucks always being the single one of my buddies and I'm starting to get left out as theyt gop on group dates of a weekend sometimes.... gets pretty lonely after 17 years.

Hey, don't worry I was in your situation exactly, except I really liked one of my close freinds, a girl, who had a long term boyfreind. I never had a date, a girlfreind or anything until college. I didn't go to either of my proms, and I dont really regret it. Just give it some time and keep trying, the more you shoot, the better your chances to score.

Pyrohawk, you damn well be my twin. I am 17 as well and never a gf. I have the same situation with the hot girls putting me in the "friend zone". I hate it I am a much nicer person than most of the people these fools are dating. Damn the whole "niceguys finish last thing" :blink:

Heheheh indeed!! I am most definately stuck in "The Friend Zone"....I like that term :D

I've had this conversation with people before. It is uncanny how much fellow pyros and amatuer chemists have in common. Usually very shy, lacking in girlfriends, lots of similar pasts. Usually, some of the brightest in the classes. Generally, somewhat interested in politics in one way or another. Kind of an outsider sometimes. Once they hit college it is completely different though. It is really weird. Myself, Haggis, Darkfire/Halifax, Nek, and Madog. Have led very similar lives. Hell, three of the aformentioned people have the same name.

Not to sound cocky, or bragging or anything, but too many girls was always my problem. What would happen, is that they would come in packs. Like 3 or 4 would all be interested in me at the same time, then there would be a long ass period that I couldn't get a date if I paid someone. I didn't have enough time for all of them, and usually they would all fall through. I never really know what to say to girls, so it never worked out well for me. Often times the girls who were interested in me weren't completely right in the head, so that just complicated things. I think the main issue with pyros, is that they are too nice and causes stuff move to friendship to quickly. Or one may not notice the signs of attraction before it is too late. In high school, I had maybe 5 or 6 dates total, and one girlfriend for a very brief period.

Mr. Pyro, I can related with the friend thing, best friend actually. Pretty much exact same situation here. It was always really hard for me, seeing her with other guys, including one of my other very close friends. Everytime she would get out of a relationship, I would always be there to comfort her. Not wanting to be just a rebound guy, I would try to wait until she was over it. By then she would have someone else. I really do wish I could have been around her more, we've drifted apart over the past year and a half or so due to some poor decisions on her part. Actually, I just went up and stayed with her friday night. It was probably the most fun I've had all year in college. We haven't really talked in a year and a half or so, but it was like we hadn't missed a day. We talked for hours, which is very unlike me. She is still a wonderful person, and I do truely love her.