APC Forum

Problem with stars and yes I read around and researched

gun410

Hey gun410 could you send me the email address of one of your parents in a private message please?
  • Like 1

I've never had a problem with TT before , I milled and not milled it and got usable results either way so I think you did something wrong , btw research and look stuff up , and if you reply to me that same thing you give everyone else and I'm gonna tell you to take that post a shove it somewhere the sun don't shine. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wQwNohErzFkhttp://

www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/cut-stars.asp

http://allthingpyro.weebly.com/safety.html

And here are Ned.G's "10" safety commandments ( I have written permission to use his safety commandments on my website )

http://allthingpyro.weebly.com/commandments-of-safety.html

And here is a sample that need let's people have before people join the site and it's great for beginners

http://pyrobin.com/files/FAIRY%20FOUNTAINS.pdf

I've provided you with enough to get you started take it or leave it , and start researching before you post and quit pissing the members and admin off ...

Edited by pyroman2498

I have a hard time believing that a 13 year old's parents would allow you to have all that stuff and let you be playing with it. It would be trouble for the parents if you would get hurt or destroy property with your playing around. Your not even supposed to be able to order the stuff. All the pyro supply houses I know, you have to be 18 and a copy of your drivers license to be able to buy chems like that. Parents buying this stuff for a minor is asking for it. I would love to have a chat with either of them.

Rule #1:

Don't hold any pyro device in your hand while lighting it or when already lit.

When doing so, you are really f'n stupid. Where the hell is the video where the kid wanted to throw a lit salute in the late and ended up scattering his hand parts about the area? this would be a good training exercise to watch.

I say time to nix this rug rat since he does seem to want to listen too well. He'll be dead or maimed by the end of summer anyway. I can just see him explaining to the class why his hand fell off and how much fun he had on his summer vacation (if he is lucky to do so).

Mark

I have a hard time believing that a 13 year old's parents would allow you to have all that stuff and let you be playing with it. It would be trouble for the parents if you would get hurt or destroy property with your playing around. Your not even supposed to be able to order the stuff. All the pyro supply houses I know, you have to be 18 and a copy of your drivers license to be able to buy chems like that. Parents buying this stuff for a minor is asking for it. I would love to have a chat with either of them.

I was building fountains and working in my own lab at the age of 10 , my mom bought all my chemicals and she was fine with it , I regret it now as I have health complications from some chemicals. But maybe his parents know and let him because they don't see a problem with it. Than again my mom is a X pyrotechnician and new the dangers and kept an eye on my pyro ( but not on my chemistry experiments ) I am now 16 and I still am only building 3" shells and only use most BP based comps and some glitters and colors , this week I'm getting my first experience at a club and am going to try building bigger shells with the help of some members, I think this kid should join a club and learn to build by them teaching him and not the Internet. I'm a more hands on learner so I learn much more by seeing and trying than reading.

Stay Safe and Stay Green.

~Steven

. . . I am now 16 . . .

Wait are you really only 16? I thought you had a PhD in orgo?

I've never had a problem with TT before , I milled and not milled it and got usable results either way so I think you did something wrong , btw research and look stuff up , and if you reply to me that same thing you give everyone else and I'm gonna tell you to take that post a shove it somewhere the sun don't shine. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wQwNohErzFkhttp://

www.skylighter.com/fireworks/how-to-make/cut-stars.asphttp://allthingpyro.weebly.com/safety.html

And here are Ned.G's "10" safety commandments ( I have written permission to use his safety commandments on my website ) http://allthingpyro.weebly.com/commandments-of-safety.html

And here is a sample that need let's people have before people join the site and it's great for beginners http://pyrobin.com/files/FAIRY%20FOUNTAINS.pdf

I've provided you with enough to get you started take it or leave it , and start researching before you post and quit pissing the members and admin off ...

I'll take it and I'll be way more careful im starting with a star mine many in a couple months

I was building fountains and working in my own lab at the age of 10 , my mom bought all my chemicals and she was fine with it , I regret it now as I have health complications from some chemicals. But maybe his parents know and let him because they don't see a problem with it. Than again my mom is a X pyrotechnician and new the dangers and kept an eye on my pyro ( but not on my chemistry experiments ) I am now 16 and I still am only building 3" shells and only use most BP based comps and some glitters and colors , this week I'm getting my first experience at a club and am going to try building bigger shells with the help of some members, I think this kid should join a club and learn to build by them teaching him and not the Internet. I'm a more hands on learner so I learn much more by seeing and trying than reading.

Stay Safe and Stay Green.

~Steven

I'll be safe im only making star mines in a couple months I might make a one inch shell

Gun, that was only a preface to the real purpose of that article, using a star gun instead of your hand or a slingshot.

Do you really think it's wise to hold a red hot burning star and try to throw it before it burns you?

Many pyros started out doing dumb things which were very dangerous and now we want to help you avoid making those same mistakes. That's the point of the Skylighter article preface on star guns.....to contrast the wrong way (throwing stars by hand) versus the safest way (star gun).

Gun, that was only a preface to the real purpose of that article, using a star gun instead of your hand or a slingshot.

Do you really think it's wise to hold a red hot burning star and try to throw it before it burns you?

Many pyros started out doing dumb things which were very dangerous and now we want to help you avoid making those same mistakes. That's the point of the Skylighter article preface on star guns.....to contrast the wrong way (throwing stars by hand) versus the safest way (star gun).

oh ok I'll use my star gun

If you've got one, why didn't you use it in the first place?

If you've got one, why didn't you use it in the first place?

Becauce I don't have a fuse yet. Im making a black match fuse maker and it's not done.

And guys I just can't make stars with my stuff from pyrochemsource.com but I can make stuff with skylighter chems. I made REALLY nice stars they were D1 glitter stars I just primed them and there drying. Also I got a ball mill I'm using it for mixing intill I get my sklighters hard lead balls

Also I got a ball mill I'm using it for mixing intill I get my sklighters hard lead balls

Gun,

Please be careful mixing chemicals with the mill and lead media. Metals should NEVER be added to a mill jar mixed composition and recommend you have a separate mill jar for BP and one for other compositions. Black powder is the most common use for a mill although some star formulas can be milled but always without metals. Metals are normally hand screened into a composition after non-metallic ingredients are milled.

You're not tricking anyone. Seriously, how many accounts are you going to make gun410? You're at 2 or 3 already.

Nevermind. Edited by BurritoBandito

Can people be nice I didn't know anything about pyrotechnics. But know I know how to make black powder, BP coated rice hulls, mortars, stars, black match and more.

Can people be nice I didn't know anything about pyrotechnics. But know I know how to make black powder, BP coated rice hulls, mortars, stars, black match and more.

Gun410? We are very nice, we are also fair and enjoy helping out others. All we have asked is that you read and research for yourself and not be spoonfed.

Gun410, what is the point of creating multiple accounts and replying to your own threads?

There is a good chance you have bad chemicals I always use sky lighter try them.

• Like 2

This is getting even worse. What a waste of space. This guy's an idiot, get rid of him!

Edited by jessoman
  • Like 1

Amazing this is at nearly 100 replies.

I feel like building a 10 shot 1/2" hardt silver cavity comet to red crackle roman candle, and watch it go up with a hot colors fountain at the bottom.

• Like 1

Gun,

You need to slow things down, listen to the people that are responding to you, answer the questions and activities that others are asking/suggesting that you do, and stop doing incredibly stupid/dangerous things. I know that pyrotechnics can be exciting and you might feel anxious to get things done; however, you have to realize that your heading down a very dangerous path by not taking the necessary precautions, and you are now knowingly putting others at risk due to your negligence and laziness. I cannot begin to understand how you thought that some of the things that you have mentioned on here were a good idea. This really reminds me of "Jurassic Park". The theme park individuals merely took the cloning work of other brilliant people and through something together with very little understand or respect for what was going on... We all know how that ended and you are doing the exact same thing with fireworks. I suggest that no one responds to any of your questions until you provide one of the experienced members on this forum with your parents email or phone number in order for them to help you and your parents understand some of the risks and unnecessary risks that can be avoided in this hobby.

Edited by Randomguy
  • Like 2

Someone Get rid of him , please ?

I use this forum for information , not to read someone replying to their own thread , This is ridiculous....

• Like 1

Trying to read this forum and some dude who can't read or write is jamming it with shtuff. No pyro for you kid, go back to school.

• Like 2