APC Forum

Problem with stars and yes I read around and researched

gun410

I looked at a video on YouTube on testing your star comp I did it with my mix 44 grams of kno3 and 44 grams of black willow charcoal 6 grams of sulfur and 6 grams of dextrin I mixed them in a mortar and pestle.When I put it in a line on a pan and I light it with a micro butane torch it didn't light when I holded it on the TT comp it had some sort of effect but when I took it off the powder just whent out. I'm wondering if I got bad products from hobby Chem supply.

Please respond back thanks

:ph34r:

Every post you make for now on will be met with this...

Edited by dagabu

to the moon, Alice! :ph34r:

edit - if anyone remembers the Honeymooners with Jackie Gleason, you know this line.

Edited by Bobosan

Don't you understand that you have to do proper research? This comp is quite close to TT, ball mill it, then wet with hot water. Stop using that crappy m&p and get one of the small rock tumblers of harborfreight witch they sell for about 29 bucks and 1 kg of media Edited by schroedinger

If you can't figure out what's wrong with your simple star comp. maybe it's time to try and find something else to do as a hobby? I don't mean to sound like a dick and all. The last week you have been on here you have cluttered up this really nice forum with the most idiotic questions I have ever herd.

Amen!

Amen!

If you can't figure out what's wrong with your simple star comp. maybe it's time to try and find something else to do as a hobby? I don't mean to sound like a dick and all. The last week you have been on here you have cluttered up this really nice forum with the most idiotic questions I have ever herd.

No I like the hobby and I want to get into it

Not that I'm trying to be a creeper, but may I ask your age? Not to be offensive but you sound like a 12-13 year old. For somebody interested in such high energy materials, you mentioned flash in earlier threads, it would help if you were old enough to understand the real dangers of such compositions. Or at least mature enough to understand. I am "young" for this hobby and learned for 3 years until I even thought about manufacturing shells or rockets. Try to join a guild in your area. There will be plenty of folks willing to help you out. That is if you will listen.

Not that I'm trying to be a creeper, but may I ask your age? Not to be offensive but you sound like a 12-13 year old. For somebody interested in such high energy materials, you mentioned flash in earlier threads, it would help if you were old enough to understand the real dangers of such compositions. Or at least mature enough to understand. I am "young" for this hobby and learned for 3 years until I even thought about manufacturing shells or rockets. Try to join a guild in your area. There will be plenty of folks willing to help you out. That is if you will listen.

I'm 13 but I'm mature I go hunting with real guns and I understand the danger Also I go muzzleloading for dear.

That's wht im here to understand pyro more thanks

Put the chems away until you can get through a basic project without asking to be spoon fed every single bit of information. I'm no proponent of not handling live material until you've studied under a pyro sensei and bought 5 sets of PPE, but if you can't make black match or even form a coherent sentence when asking for assistance, people will be reluctant to help you.

There is quite a bit of information on this forum. I learn new things almost every time I'm on here.

• Like 1

No I like the hobby and I want to get into it

part of the hobby is researching on your own and experimenting to solve problems. But if you followed directions correctly with quality chemicals there s no reason a comp shouldn't work.

The chance of you getting bad chemicals from HCS is very unlikely.
  • Like 1

gun, there are 2 problems I see.

1. Get a ball mill. You will not get anywhere in this hobby without it. You need it. You must have it. Do not expect any good results without it. The harbor freight one sounds best for you.

2. Burning TT on the ground especially in the daylight will not give you any visual results. You probably wont even see it burn. These stars give a delicate shower of dark red/orange sparks. You wont see them at all in the day. Thy must be shot through the air at night.

gun, there are 2 problems I see.

1. Get a ball mill. You will not get anywhere in this hobby without it. You need it. You must have it. Do not expect any good results without it. The harbor freight one sounds best for you.

2. Burning TT on the ground especially in the daylight will not give you any visual results. You probably wont even see it burn. These stars give a delicate shower of dark red/orange sparks. You wont see them at all in the day. Thy must be shot through the air at night.

Only the saftey part of this forum I saw someone said that the ball mill exploded and I saw it spark but when I took the flame away it stoped
  • Like 1

It's normal for that powder to burn shitty (before making a star) for other questions use the forum search, everything is explained there

Seriously guys, the liability to you personally to give advice to a known minor is not worth it. Ninja face the posts and be done.
  • Like 2

That is how this composition behaves in powder form. Once you make your stars and fire them they will leave a nice dence spark trail behind.

Some stump remover is not a good source for quality nitrate. If you post the brand, that might help.