No problem.

Here it is.

Potassium nitrate-47

Barium nitrate-10

Sulfur-18

Charcoal-10

Aluminum (Atomized 325mesh) -10

Dextrin-5

I ball mill the ingredients for about an hour (except the aluminium), i then screen the aluminium in through a 40mesh screen. The compo is wetted and pumped, they could also be cut (this composition is not water sensitive as D1 for example). I honestly don't know if it reacts with water as other NO3/Al mixes but so far i haven't had any problems, no ammonia, no heat. Might as well add 1% boric acid just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for sharing that formula. I have everything but the barium nitrate but that shouldn't be too hard to find. I just finished building a star pump so I can try that out too. One last question. Do you prime the stars? It looks like they would be compatible with a BP meal prime. Thanks again!

Nah i don't prime the stars, they seem to light with any burst i used so far (BP, whistle, Flash).

Nice blue...and chlorate whistle beats phone ringing! ^_^

Rockets are hard to build. Either they are heavyloaded but only plow the fields:

Video

or they fly that long that there´s almost nothing to see or hear anymore

Video

And my chlorate rockets recently developed a coughing fit, don´t know why.

Video

All the tailed shells I've seen I never saw a whistle tail, which is easy to make so I figured what the hell, lets see how she flies! The six inch shell I just attached a whistle insert to the top of the shell, but the three inch salute I actually used a very small OD tube and used as a time fuse. That is why the Ti tail is so thin. I may try and make a fatter one and just increase the size of the time fuse hole, I think it may diminish the salute a little though.

Since starting this threat in October,I had always hoped I could post my own video. I still have a TON to learn about them as you can see.

All rockets are 1 pound long winded screamers done with 100% Sodium Salisalate and red iron oxide. 76/23/1-3 and 63/32/1-3,with a few parts of the delay made with Black powder towards the top portions.

I have no desire yet for fancy headers. To me I want to make the rocket the best it can be before messing around with that fun.

If you have any questions, or in my case usefull advice feel free to contact me.

Enlarge this video and turn it up.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=etTsrFJAhys

NIIICE. You've come a long way since the first posts you made asking questions. keep 'em comin.

Thanks alot.

h&k machineguns, Awesome rockets!

Here are a few videos of my attempts to dial in 3lb stingers (tooling was my Christmas present!)

1. Straight BP pressed to the top of the spindle, then BP +10% -36mesh charcoal above - no header. It certainly took off, but left no discernable tail:

VIDEO: Where's my *%#@!! tail of sparks?

2. Straight BP pressed to the top of the spindle, then BP +10% Ti sponge and a 12g flash / Ti header. It didn't go very high :blink: ...got a nice echo, though.

http://i3.tinypic.com/2ytsgte.jpg

VIDEO: A little low...oops.

Anyone else making stingers?

HK all I can say is outstanding job. Q if you want some tail try adding 7% of the Ti from your salute to the BP. Very nice stingers though. I have seen many stingers that size and larger CATO, so I know it's not a given they are just gonna work that nicely.

Anyone else making stingers?

Uh, well, sort of. I had this posted in our Misfires/Duds/Mistakes thread, I'll just link to it again. It was a 3/4"ID stinger that I stuck a Festival Ball on as a header. It went up about 20 feet then came back down and blew up on the ground. It made for a pretty star mine though LOL

Festival Ball Stinger

Hello

This is my first post in this forum, i have been reading here alot as a guest and now i want to show you what i learned.

20mm id, 75-15-10 BP with Ti, 5gr Flash as header.

BP_Core_Ti_Tail_5gr_Flash

Thank you for a nice forum.

//Bobbo

Looks nice. Endburner, I presume? I'm guessing the Ti to be 3-5%.

Would you mind sharing a few details:

Nozzle material, dia. and thickness?

Amount of propellant? (either by weight or grain height)

Thanks. Again, very nice.

Man, cplmac, all those fancy whistle rockets you make and you shot that crosette out of a mortar?!?! :rolleyes: It was too low when it broke and I couldn't tell but did it work ok? did it split well? I have a 1 1/4" pump for Wolter but I've yet to use it (it's on my list of things to do this year)

And bobbo, very nice rocket, I love the tail. I'm going to start using more Ti in things I think, If nothing else it helps you track them with the camera.

It did break very low, because it was an inch and a quarter xette so it burned awhile. It did not work right, the break charge blew it out. Tried another one tonight with half the charge, but it blew out too. Up next,, five inch Veline Blue.

Rocket Info

This is the one i use for a 75-15-10 mix of BP, now i only have to make 1 quality of BP.

A fast drawing with diameters in mm

Rocket Diameters

Dont really know the weight of the propellant, clay is the one you buy for cats. I have tried with longer cores but they only CATOed.

//Bobbo

Rocket Info

This is the one i use for a 75-15-10 mix of BP, now i only have to make 1 quality of BP.

A fast drawing with diameters in mm

Rocket Diameters

...snip

//Bobbo

That's really interesting. The rocket in the video performs more like an endburner with moderate & steady thrust with a *much* longer burn that I'd expect from a cored design.

Do you have a significant amount of BP above the core? Your drawing shows very little, but it isn't scaled.

Anything special about your BP?

Can't wait to see more.

Yes the drawing have a very bad scaling, i estimate the total amount of BP to be 100 mm long. In the beginning you have very high trust that goes to moderate steady trust as you say, this is due to the form of the spindle i think. I have some videos of test in daylight and the rocket on the ground. I make a post when im back home again.

I haven’t done so many tests with the design, the only thing tested is the core length. Longer core = CATO. When i have time i will make a new spindle with same core diameter as the nozzle, and maybe try different types of BP. But for the moment i only want to make one quality of BP for all my applications.

For the moment i only use this engine for salutes, when i start to make canister shells and smaller ball shells i will use the rockets for lift.

What is the typical load (weight of head) you can add to a rocket like this?

****EDIT****

As you can see there is a wide "jet stream" in the beginning going over to a narrow "jet". This makes the rocket very fast in the beginning.

Rocket Test

//Bobbo