APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

That is still primarily Potassium Chlorate based however. It is also a rather dangerous comp. Those were from earlier this century before perchlorate was widely available. You can try them if you feel up to it, but be safe.

Those formulas are available elsewhere, but be careful with powerlabs. Sam Barros is a hack. Not neccesarily unsafe proceedures, but a some of them don't work. PETN synth for example. It should also be noted that he refuses to take criticism.

• Like 1

What do you mean by a hack?

Yeah i noticed a lot of his experiments regarding "pyro" would be deemed almost kewl if he wasnt doing them in a lab.

Though that link was just an example.

What I mean is that he can't hold his own in a chem lab, and really has no idea what he's doing in reguard to HE. I won't name names, but he couldn't get his PETN synth to work. So he asked a rather well respected member here(not me) for pics of a PETN synth so he could post them for his tutorial. Said member refused,

He also banned be from his forums for making him look stupid due to said total lack of knowledge in HE. He was claiming that RDX was had the highest VoD of all explosives. I said he was wrong. He said he was right, and that I didn't know shit. I proceeded to make the examples of HMX, CL-20 (HNIW), and Heptanitrocubane. Heptanitrocubane is the currently most powerful non-nuclear explosive.

• Like 1

Hah Hah LOL!

-And ithought he was actually pretty good with his HE stuff!- no wonder!

Though i guess it was because of his "prestige" with the media.

So do you know any non chlorate/perchlorate whistle comps?

I only know of two non-chlorate/perchlorate whistles. However they are replaced with Potassium Picrate, a fairly sensitive high explosive. Chances of you getting around chlorate or perchlorate is not looking good.

Ehn screw it then, guess i'll just have to save up for a hydraulic press instead. Better off sticking with the conventional compositions anyway,- they are what they are for a reason...

Potassium nitrate.................................30

Potassium dinotrophenate..........................70

That's from Powerlabs web site. I have no knowledge of their knowledge, just putting it out there. I gotta think that Perch is the main formula for a reason. Although I did make a batch today of chlorate whistle that was ridiculousely strong.

Potassium Dinitrophenate is very similar to Potassium picricrate. It is lacking one nitro group. It wont be as sensitive, but still not something I would be pressing. I was actually looking for those, but the ones I saw were picrate based and I assumed I just remembered incorrectly.

Isn't Picris one of the main ingredients in det cord? I'm no chemist, just thought I had read that somewhere.

Here's a couple more videos. The first is some chlorate whistle powder unconfined, just a gram or so of the grains that I lit to check the speed of the mix. The second is my first successful hummer insert with 5% FerroTi, and the last is the chlorate rocket, CATO'ing.

Unconfined chlorate whistle grains, real fast, real loud chirp

First successful Hummer insert

Chlorate Whistle Rocket, setting records for lowest altitude

How do you get the videos to work? You can hear them but there is no video! Itried saving as Avi and mpg but it fails :(.

btw from what I can hear they sound nice, especially no.1!

The videos are MP4, so you either need quick time, or you need the codec for MP4 installed on your Windows Media Player.

Here's a couple more videos. The first is some chlorate whistle powder unconfined, just a gram or so of the grains that I lit to check the speed of the mix. The second is my first successful hummer insert with 5% FerroTi, and the last is the chlorate rocket, CATO'ing.

Unconfined chlorate whistle grains, real fast, real loud chirp

First successful Hummer insert

Chlorate Whistle Rocket, setting records for lowest altitude

I kina like that Hummer thing. Any way to put that at the end of a Rocket motor ?

Whirrrr...Your Hummer is a nice little thing! Unfortunately I have no press and no Perch for a whistle mix. I wasn´t successful with my BP Hummers in the last time. Most of them are only firecrackers...

I opened them using quicktime. wow, the first one was very good, amazing flash! The second one was cool, shame about the highway though ;). That went very fast. No.3 Was that the rocket coming flying out the top, that must have gone so high!

I'm not sure the rocket went in any one particular direction, it CATO'd, so it probably went in about a hundred different directions. The hummer insert I used BP with 5%FerroTi.

Sorry for going OT here, but concerning Sam from Powerlabs: He is a pretty good high voltage engineer, but for heavens sake don't take his advice on explosives.

He even says on his site that the chemlab section is from back in Brasil when he was 14 years or something, and that he has since abandoned research for legal reasons (and too little time, thinking of all his other projects). His age is probably what makes the "scientific tests" look somewhat kewl.

P.S: He also states there that his biggest fault is his oversized ego. Does that explain things to you Mumbles?

Yes, I know all that. I think it's just fun to take shots at a person in his position. Someone that is considered a rather well respected scientist, and then just put me one step ahead of him. I realise that is electrical and mechanical engineering skills far surpass his chemsistry.

Can't tell, the thing was still moving at a pretty good speed which imparts a doppler effect, which throws off the accuracy of any sort of prediction. Try using a a delay before the header.

• 2 weeks later...
Here are a few more. The video quality is not up to par, but still vaguely satisfactory.

Ti Whistle to Report Insert

Side by Side by Side by Side whistle comparison

Chlorate whistle rocket to report

Wow, nice videos. All of the whistles were loud, and the chlorate rocket was awesome. You've got brass balls to be pressing chlorate whistle comps. even if they are wet.

I rather doubt if they were pressed wet. I personally wouldn't have any qualms against pressing them with a proper press with blast shield assuming they are sulfurless.

The whistle comp is only wet when I add the acetone and vaseline to the powder, then I screen it and let it dry.

VERY nice, How did you make a Ti whistle insert? Did you just add 10% Ti to the whistle mix when you pressed it or was it a specific formula?

That'd be a nice effect to put 3 or 4 of those as a header for a 1lb Black Powder rocket.