APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

Funny you should mention that, I made a dozen of them, and I'm gonna stuff them all in a can to head my next three pound rocket tomorrow night. Video at 11:00. I think those inserts I only used 5% Ti, 18-30 mesh Ti Sponge. After the whistle is dry I just add the Ti by weight to the bag of whistle and roll it for a couple of minutes. Doesn't take long at all for that stuff to mix very thouroughly.

Is there any way we can pin this thread in the pyrotechnics forum?

I figure pyro, since Video's probably covers all pyro. I know when I start making some shells I'm probably gonna post them here. Thanks mumbles.

Dummy rocket to test whether or not this thing could carry a 620 gram head.

This is the head I was testing for, sadly the head didn't work so well. The rocket did go higher however and the bang was almost worth the time.

I figure pyro, since Video's probably covers all pyro. I know when I start making some shells I'm probably gonna post them here. Thanks mumbles.

Dummy rocket to test whether or not this thing could carry a 620 gram head.

This is the head I was testing for, sadly the head didn't work so well. The rocket did go higher however and the bang was almost worth the time.

The videos arent working :( , 404 error. I didnt think that cplmac would press it wet but still, all the things I've read on chlorates I would not press it.

Yeah sorry about that, was having some trouble with the site last nite.

Well, it almost worked right, it would have been pretty nice if it had. Try again though, that sounds like a nice effect worthy of a little work to get it down right.

I especially like where you say "Shit!" half way thru :D I have a video of one of my shells where I said the exact same thing. But what you don't notice from the video is the shell coming halfway back down to the ground and exploding about 100ft above the ground. Is that what happen with your rocket?

I thought this thread was started for videos of whistle rockets since we really didn't have any posted? If you're making some shells why not put them in the competition area? the only reason I hadn't posted my rocket videos there is because I had made those previously and had no prefire pic's. But you could post them there for your shells.

Hey, just a thought, but what about a whole new section heading titled "Videos" just like we have for Pyrotechnics, Rocketry, or Safety? That way people can just start new threads with their different videos. We could keep them all in one place and it would greatly add to the knowledge base out there by making them more easily accessable to others.

It's kind of hard to find videos on certain things on the internet when searching, and having a central site to check first on our forum would be a nice capability.

Hmmm, ewest...I think making a video thread is a very good suggestion. I too have one or two vids from my first usable BP based rockets. They are not good enough for the

competition, they have a very nice tail, but in the apex there is no break worth speaking of. Anyway very nice to look at.

And I would be curios to see other member's videos, even the "that was not so

good" ones, CATO's or prefires. Who knows what all the members have in store regarding videos.

I thought this thread was started for videos of whistle rockets since we really didn't have any posted? If you're making some shells why not put them in the competition area? the only reason I hadn't posted my rocket videos there is because I had made those previously and had no prefire pic's. But you could post them there for your shells.

Hey, just a thought, but what about a whole new section heading titled "Videos" just like we have for Pyrotechnics, Rocketry, or Safety? That way people can just start new threads with their different videos. We could keep them all in one place and it would greatly add to the knowledge base out there by making them more easily accessable to others.

It's kind of hard to find videos on certain things on the internet when searching, and having a central site to check first on our forum would be a nice capability.

The title of the thread is just "please post video'w if you got 'em". So I just assumed it was referring to all videos. Great idea creating a section just for videos though. Seperate threads would make it easier to track down specific videos and it would help focus comments on specific videos rather than neurotically bouncing between and back and forth. Blue squib I do have a site where all I do is host my videos.

My Pyro Site (basically just for hosting my videos)

How long was the casing for that one? I expected a 2lb'er to fly a little longer than that one did. Very nice jobs though, I love the reports :D

And I hear ya on the nicer headers, but I do the same as you, for whistle rockets I just like to have a report. I put the nice headers on my BP rockets.

The casing was five inches long, but I only pressed about 2.5"'s of comp in the motor.

http://www.theskypainters.com/Videos/NewHummerInsert.MP4]My new hummer insert, a little short but good sound[/url]

I pressed this rocket with my new hummer mix, no nozzle 3lb. strobe tooling

Also a hummer fueled rocket this time with a clay nozzle, same tooling

Supposed to be Salicylate whistle to charcoal to hummers, not even close

That last one was my closest call to getting burned thus far. The header apparently had exposed black powder. The VERY long visco I fuse my rockets with to give me enough time to get away was curled up towards the hummer header. What my video doesn't show is me lighting the rocket, because as soon as I did the visco lit off the header, then the charcoal streamer started to burn down backwards into the rocket, then then it hit the salicylate delay, then the visco hit the core on the bottom of the rocket. That is why the sound of this rocket is so cool, it is a whistle rocket taking off with the core burn overpowering the whistle end burn coming out of the top. Truly strange, and lucky it didn't CATO.

My favorite video's are when the camera man starts the camera to were the rocket is in the middle of the screen,and 50 feet of groud is showing.

The rocket takes off and the camera misses the first 50 feet of the launch.

Okay so I'm being sarcastic.

Very nice hummer sound and I´ve never seen before a hummer which was so much in a hurry!

I´ve observed several times the vid of the second rocket, especially the flash, and I don´t get it - could it be there is a yellow-green color to see? Are barium salts part of it? Sorry for my inquisitiveness but I would like to know the origin of the color.

There was very low cloud cover, borderline fog. The mix is 50/50 finely granulated BP/Salicylate whistle mix.

OK. Thank you! I am very astonished, I think it would be a mysterious flash powder... :D

I heared there is a little bad mistake in my posting. I must write "I thought it was a mysterious flash"!

Sorry, english grammar is very tricky...

That was weird, when it sudenly flew sideways you can see something coming off it. I wonder what though.

They say in the caption, that the carbon fiber wing failed and fragmented.

Which would explain the sudden loss of stability and darting off sideways.