APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

I suspect he got it because #1 hes in the US and #2 it's easy to find in the US, and #3 It does make a beautiful yellow. It is sold at all the pyro shops, as well as many ceramic suppliers. There are probably a dozen sources in the US alone. There are maybe 5-6 bulk sources worldwide, but many resellers, in the US at least.

BlueSquib,

Mumbles pretty much has it right...it's quite cheap here in the US; I buy it from a large ceramics supplier for @ $2.50 a lb... It's used as a glaze and a fluxing compound. Are you sure it's not available for ceramics where you live?

If not, you can go without it...As I mentioned, I think NaNO3 without the additional coloring agent is not as 'warm' or saturated, but it make a servicable yellow if you can deal with its hygroscopic nature. Plus it's cheap (no chlorates or perchlorates). Here's an old test video of a 1.25" starmine without Cryolite (and complete crap charcoal):

Yellow1.25in mine

It's very fast burning (basically NaNO3 BP with aluminum), and without the Cryolite as a retardant, it burns even faster...so you may not get any real hang time. Fine table salt (Sodium Chloride) might add more yellow and slow it down some. Baking Soda (Sodium BiCarbonate) might also impart more color, but you might make a glitter with that.

Hope this helps.

4lb whistle to chlorate whistle delay to Tiger Tail report

My camera did not catch the Tiger Tail at all, but the HD camera did. I'll have to get the HD video rendered to an avi. This is the rocket I sheared the spindle off in, managed to get it out by cutting the bottome off the motor, amazingly it still worked. To bad it cost me the tooling.

BlueSquib,

Sorry to hear the difficulties in pursuing the hobby where you live...where is that anyway? Your English grammar is better than many that live in the US!

If you test variations of yellow using salt as a coloring agent, please post your results. I'm glad if I offered any help...Best of luck. Cheers, :)

Good news, I fixed my strobe tooling. I bored out the original screw hole, rethreaded it with a larger size and inserted 3 larger tension pins. Pressed another 4 pounder without incident. Hope this is a sign of things to come. Video at 11.

Nice fireball shame 'bout the shitty video, and the ghost mine was definitely red. Why was there a smilie face behind the rocket :lol:

Nice fireball shame 'bout the shitty video, and the ghost mine was definitely red.  Why was there a smilie face behind the rocket  :lol:

Ha-ha...too cool.

http://www.apcforum.net/files/grab00864.jpg

Was that a frame for a set piece? I always wanted to try a radioactive symbol for a show. Anyway, nice rocket...I really like the geometric looking break of the stars; was that intentional or just coincidence?

Nice fireball shame 'bout the shitty video, and the ghost mine was definitely red.  Why was there a smilie face behind the rocket  :lol:

http://www.pyrosociety.org.uk/forum/index....id=33451&st=0

Ah-so...very clear now. That will teach me for asking a question before looking for related posts on UK Pyro, Passfire forum, rec.pyrotechnics, Sciencemadness.org, and the E&W forums... :D

Nice work, I like the last one best.

Thanks - I agree the last one was best. I backed down from using MgAl flash to BP on that one. I did quite like the way flash shatters the FeTi stars though - it gets all the sparks burning at once instead of them smouldering on the ground :)

More on their way...

Excellent, I look forward to it. Q I like your idea of the radiological sign for a set piece! That would kick ass, hope you don't mind if I steal it for our show this year. We ordered extra lance so we could make up a couple of things if we got the urge or inspiration. I'm thinking a radiation sign and a biohazard sign would be really cool and freak the crowd out.

Okay got the other videos rendered from the HD camera. These are the same items fired in the previous posts videos, but much better looking especially the fireball and the TT rocket.

4lb Whistle to 2.5" TT comet to report

Red Ghost Mine, first attempt overlifted.

1 gallon fireball, big improvement and shot from a different angle than the other video.

4lb Ti Whistle to Blue Stars

A post of my spherical shell video but its the closest i can find to put it lightly the launch was crap, my 3" mortars are about 7mm bigger than the shells i use so i usualy paste then a constderable amount, but this time i tried a different way of fiting it to the mortar but failed miserably and blew on the floor. The one thing i am very pleased with is the golden tail stars (my own formula, as far as i know), the shell was half golden tail, half veline blue here it is

http://tompearceltd.co.uk/goldblue.wmv.

Edit, duff link works now

I got my 6lb rocket tooling today! Here are the first two rockets I've ever made at this size.

6lb Ti Whistle to Report

6lb BP with 10% Ti flake to report

I had some Ti Flake that I have not used and wanted to compare it to the Ti sponge that I am quickly running out of. The BP rocket is using the flake the whistle is using the sponge. The sponge was 18-30 mesh, the flake was unmarked but forced to guess I would say +10 -20 mesh.

Those where awesome cpl!

I much preferred the BP rocket, Whistles get on my nerve a bit. I think the Ti flake looked much bettter than the sponge, But that's just my opinion. That smiley face is still there :lol:

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the flake too. And that smiley face will be there until probably the end of June, so unless I move the launch tube you are gonna continue to see it in my 3lb and larger rocket vids. I turned the camera off, but those two six pounders got some large grass fires going. I think it's all the Ti.

chi conosce come ottenere questo effetto?http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D-LlP8UXO6x4%26mode%3Drelated%26search%3D

That effect was crazy wonder how that was made prob wont be easy to achieve?

Dont expect nothing amazing but i made a 1inch can shell last night, the fuse was glued in with a cm of hot glue and had about 5mm sticking out the botton into the lift charge, the top end was also glued in with hot glue. Inside was some new charcoal stars iv been playing around with, riced bp and flash powder.

The shell exploded in the tube but not exactly sure why, dont think a blow through was possible with the end being a thick hot glued one, the fuse had at least 4 seconds before it reached the burst charge so im left thinking the force from the lift was enough to cause the stars inside to collide against each other with enough force to ignite (from impact) the flash powder - not very likely though. Soo...what do you lads think (and lasses if there is any on here!)

Vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3PvpbVdnMc

It looks like go getter inserts, maybe a whistle insert primed with color? Hard to tell but a cool effect. I will try and duplicate it with a whistle insert primed with color. If it works I'll post the video.

It was the tail and sound that made me think that they wern't actually go getters. Large enough mesh metal to make the tail would probably sink in the go-getter slurry as they were drying.

It would also slow the speed of the go getter, and those seemed pretty energetic.