APC Forum

Please Post VIDEO'S if you got em .

h&k machineguns

Those things really scoot, and quite a long burn. Are those whistle end burners?

• 2 weeks later...
Whistle tooled whistles or end burn whistles?

All my whistle rockets are core burners. I haven't got to try a end burner yet.

You'll love the duration. Those things burn forever, and if you can get a strong enough nozzle in there you can choke the crap out of it and get massive thrust off little fuel burn.

The leg is good thanks for asking, it's a bit itchy. I figured out how to describe the liftoff sound, it sounds like a balloon when you blow it all the way up the let go of it, but exponentially louder.

Awesome rocket you got there cplmac. you are a big inspire. I love your big ass rockets they kill!!! :) can´t wait untill the next one.

2.5" TT with hollow curl mag comet

I've had this hollow curl mag from FireFox in my chem cabinet for almost a year so I figured may as well try it in something. Since I have more TT than I know what to do with I figured what the hell may as well try it in there. The Mag smoldered for a few seconds and then burned like white falling leaves all the way to the ground. It was very impressive in person and I can't wait to do some more experiencing with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Space shuttle radio traffic with mission control. Let's listen in.....

"This is the shuttle, calling Houston. Every thing's going fine up here, we're 14 nautical miles down range passing 172,000 feet of altitude.....holy shit, Houston....something just PASSED us. Damn you cplmac!"

Another excellent rocket.

Hell of a blast. Did you actually wet paste it? I couldn't tell from the other descriptions you gave. It may also be adventageous, if you did wet paste it, to use a thinner paper. The 80lb you mentioned would be far more likely to leave some airgaps for flame to travel in than something thinner.

There was some discussion over on passfire about the lift going off at the end. Do you really think thats the case? Theres no way that thing didn't set the lift off

Yeah looking at the video for the twentieth time I do think it was the lift. It makes perfect sense as far as why the shell went in the gun. It was a tight fit, and the remainder of the gun was only about 4 inches tall. I think when the lamp went it blew the fuel down into the lift area like you said. The fuel bottom was on the bottom of the shell, the flash break was on top.