APC Forum

Hints and tips for Australians

mike_au

yeah I know, but you havent picked one yet, but thats ok, i'll just wait till I get a quote for the shipping...

Ok Nick I got the quote! :) The shipping is US$40 for both quotes. We can pay 50/50 of the shipping, but then once I get the packege I will have to send it onto you. so you will have to pay a little more.

My Stuff

1.75" Multi-Use Comet Pump $110.00

1.75" Extraction Tube $53.00

Your Stuff

1.75" multi use comet pump $110.00

1lb end burner $82.00

1lb core burner 95.00

Sub Total $450.00

less 20% $360.00

Shipping $40.00

TOTAL $400.00 US

Wow, shipping is cheap.

I will buy:

1.75" multi use comet pump $110.00

1lb end burner $82.00

1lb core burner 95.00

+ shipping $20

+ shipping from your house to my house?

= $307? (without including the shipping from your house to my house)

Send me a PM telling me how much and where you want me to make a payment to.

Thanks,

• 5 weeks later...

Well I draged this thread from half way down page 2! anyway.

I have found some Bismuth Subcarbonate for any aussie wanting to make some dragons eggs, its meant to give the same result as trioxide.

So here it is:

Price: US$44/per Kilo

Shipping: Im not sure how much that will cost, but I just asked and am waiting for a reply.

This is how it will work, there is no rush for this one so dont worrie about getting in quick.

Im going to get enough people so that I can fill the parcel he is putting it in so the shipping turns out alot cheaper that way (Im not sure how much fits into a parcel just yet, but I will ask him.)

please just say if you think you would like a kilo or 2 nothing will be set in concrete.

Cheers

TBP

I think I should mention that this could be a one time offer.

You can if you wish buy it in 500g lots.

Im trying to make the postage as cheap as possible so what will happen is when you say what you want how ever many kilos or what ever, I will order it, it wil then get sent to me and then I will send it to you. Im hopping the shipping will be fairly cheap and we can all spilt it so then it is even cheaper.

A kilo of this stuff will last a while if your making draagons eggs....what else can you make with it?

• 2 weeks later...
So far the shipping is about 40 bux's for 10lbs (4.5 kilos) so I think I have enough people know, but im still trying to get it cheaper, I know shipping doesnt cost this much.

OK, I have enough people and enough kilos for the order to go ahead.

I can have no more order from anyone now, sorry if you missed out.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone in Victoria might want to keep an eye on this:

http://www.graysonline.com/Sale.aspx?id=64402

It looks like they will be dealing in fairly large lots, but who knows there might be a few 25kg bags that go cheap.

The most interesting stuff appears to be KNO3, Al powder, PVC resin and potassium chloride.

I might have to stop there if I drive nearby one day, interested in how much the KNO3 is going for and what sort of Aluminum powder they're carrying.

I might have to stop there if I drive nearby one day, interested in how much the KNO3 is going for and what sort of Aluminum powder they're carrying.

Nice find!

I had a look though and couldn't find the KNO3?

The auction hadn't actually started when I posted that, so I was just going off what they listed on the "Sale info" page. KNO3 is towards the bottom of the first column. Doesn't look like it is actually available though

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

Just finished reading the whole thread B)

If any of you are still looking for a supplier of some tubes, chemicals and other items i came across this website a while ago: www.diversehobbies.com

and from what i have read on other forums he's great to deal with and his prices are cheaper than auschems.com; though he doesnt sell KNO3. I havent had a chance to purchase anything yet though so i cant offer my opinion.

Thanks,

Kweltan

yeah I order from him about once ever 2 months products are great service is exceptional though there is already a thread about it in the supplier review section

I've only ordered from him once but shipping was pretty fast, and the range and prices aren't bad.

Welcome to the forum Kweltan!

Good to have another aussie around. Where abouts in Oz are you?

I've only ordered from him once but shipping was pretty fast, and the range and prices aren't bad.

Welcome to the forum Kweltan!

Good to have another aussie around. Where abouts in Oz are you?

Thanks for the welcome Mike_au, im in Adelaide, the place where i cant seem to find anything lol

I know I was waking around Adelaide hoping to find some ammonium perchlorate growing in a bottle brush but like there totally wasn't any so frustrating

I think you will find there is more useful stuff around than you realise.

You just need to develop a knack for knowing where to look. Of course you won't find everything locally, but that is why interstate and international shipping is great (albeit rather pricey in some cases).

I think you will find there is more useful stuff around than you realise.

You just need to develop a knack for knowing where to look. Of course you won't find everything locally, but that is why interstate and international shipping is great (albeit rather pricey in some cases).

Lol thanks Ralph, I'm sure there are plenty of places around to find supplies, and you're right mike_au, you need to know where to look, I for one, dont know where to look (bottle brush looked so promising). Which is one of the main reasons why I joined this forum, to learn how to both make pyrotechnics and source materials. Though, when I say I can't find anything, it doesn't mean I haven't tried, just that I may be looking in the wrong places, or apparently, not hard enough.

Thanks,

kweltan

Also you if you stay in it long enough you will biuld up contacts and get to know some very helpful and useful people.

Hear, hear!

Always good to have another enthusiast in the country. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome Gunzway! Thanks to everyone else too, your hints and tips are much appreciated!

Also i ordered some 6mm tubes and 1kg of bentonite clay from diverse hobbies last friday and received my order yesterday; the shipping was prompt and the product is great! Highly recommended!

Hopefully i'll be making some bottle rockets soon :)

Kweltan

• 3 weeks later...

On the topic of KNO3, after researching alot, i came across a couple of brands of KNO3 fertiliser:

They are Australian brands (i think)

-Multi-K GG (greenhouse grade) Potassiumn Nitrate Fertiliser

-Campbells Potassium Nitrate Fertiliser

Both come in 25kg bags, one of which im thinking about purchasing, though it will cost $82.30 for one 25kg bag. Is that a good price? ive read of people getting it cheaper, but as this is the only place i have found that sells KNO3 in such large quantities, im eager to purchase some.

Thanks,

Kweltan

I'm using Multi-K (don't think it is GG which might be more pure). It works fine.

The cost has gone up a lot in the past couple of years, the place I got mine has almost doubled their price. $82 isn't great (my current price is a bit over $60) but the way things are at the moment it isn't that bad either.

At the end of the day, you need KNO3 for this hobby, so if that is the best price you can get you might as well buy it.

Oh ok, $20 isnt much of a price difference, though i would rather it in my pocket. If i cant find any other places ill probably will purchase it from there, as its only a half hour drive from me.

For basically $3.30 a kilo, i dont think its too expensive, though i dont have much experience in its purchase.

Thanks,

Kweltan

Edited by Kweltan

If they are both the same price, I would go for the greenhouse grade. It is supposed to be purer, and in a sugar like crystal instead of prills.