APC Forum

Hints and tips for Australians

mike_au

Cool! Maybe those who are interested should PM there orders to me and I will email hobby horse to get a shipping estimate.

Gummed paper tape is the preferred and traditional method for sealing the back of the frames of watercolour paintings. Art shops may well stock or order it for you. Art shop wholesalers will have it.

• 4 weeks later...
So was anyone else interested in the NEPT tubes? I don't know if it's worth it now that I think about it. I have emailed the guy at hobbyhorse before and he quoted $90 USD for shipping for a few lots of 10 tubes. The tubes are quite expensive too. Unless there is a way to get them shipped A LOT cheaper, I don't feel it is worth making the tooling for tubes that are always going to be so expensive. I'd rather work out how to make decent tubes myself.

• 2 weeks later...
BULK BUY!

I'm thinking if making a bulk buy (20ft or 40ft container) from Liuyang fireworks (They did Beijing games)

They have REALLY Cheap prices on everything

Including: Chems, hemis, Fuse, Mortars.

EVERYONE IS WELCOME.

Please let me know what you all think and what items you would like the most, because at the moment it is just an Idea.

I will post some of their prices as I get them.

Nick can you share the link from Liyang fireworks for us who are from Greece?Or you can send me pm

Eeek! Shipping would be horrendous !

What sort of things are you looking for? I've come across a couple of European suppliers, that I will try to dig up for you if you like.

Plastic will be more expensive than paper obviously, but "Gamon Plasticos" in Spain makes a few different hemi/canister shell casings.

There is also czort (I forget which country he is in) for chems.

I thought I had a couple of other European suppliers scribbled down somewhere, but I can't find them.

There should be a fair few in the UK, maybe ask on the UKPS forum.

Nick can you share the link from Liyang fireworks for us who are from Greece?Or you can send me pm

Yea, if you want it.

but they have a minimum order of 1m cubed, and you will need alot of Greece pyros to help you fill it. You will be better off just looking for a fireworks factory around southern Europe that will be willing to sell you stuff.

Look out Persut, a member on Pyrouniverse forum (USA based) Persut occasionally orders a container of hobby material -firework related! form China then splits and ships it out. He does whole boxes of one size hemis and all sorts of other INERT thngs. He inports fireworks into thre USA so has all the contacts in China.

Now if someone has the money he might use his contacts to divert a container of inert products directly to Australia. BUT basically shipping a container from China to you will top $3000 then there are import charges then there are land freight charges and unloading costs, as well as the cost of 45 cu m of Chinese contents. It's a $20K advance payment for things that your border control may not like!

Yea, if you want it.

but they have a minimum order of 1m cubed, and you will need alot of Greece pyros to help you fill it. You will be better off just looking for a fireworks factory around southern Europe that will be willing to sell you stuff.

Ok give me the link and i will find pyros ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm feeling a bit giddy & generous with "the" holiday only a week away. I had a couple people ask about a Passfire discount. Here's the scoop... 20% off any order $499 or greater received through the 4th of July. Free delivery to Mason City is available as well. Feel free to combine orders with your buddies. This is likely to be a one time deal.

Now the fella at firesmithtools.com has this offer going on untill the 4th, I was hoping that there are some other people out there that would like to do a group buy with me, I would like to make the order, get it all sent to me and then once it gets to me, I can start shipping it off to who ever bought it (saves shipping).

It is a pretty good deal and the stuff he has there is good quality (Not that I have any, people just back him up and say he has good stuff).

I'm not sure if I can do this yet because he does say it is for passfire members, I have asked him and am now waiting for a response.

Please if you are interested go have a look at the place and see what you want/like/need, lol.

~TBP

Now the fella at firesmithtools.com has this offer going on untill the 4th, I was hoping that there are some other people out there that would like to do a group buy with me, I would like to make the order, get it all sent to me and then once it gets to me, I can start shipping it off to who ever bought it (saves shipping).

It is a pretty good deal and the stuff he has there is good quality (Not that I have any, people just back him up and say he has good stuff).

I'm not sure if I can do this yet because he does say it is for passfire members, I have asked him and am now waiting for a response.

Please if you are interested go have a look at the place and see what you want/like/need, lol.

~TBP

I'm interested.

I will probaly buy:

1" comet pump

1.75" comet pump

and maybe

1lb End Burner Rocket Tooling Set

Could you quote my shipping?

Also, I am a passfire member.

Well, I cant really give you a quote yet, untill I get all the orders in.

I will hopefully make the order on the 3rd and if not I will make it on the 4th at the very latest, so please everyone make your pick and tell me what you want before the 3nd and send me the money then, please PM me or email me ASAP.

WE NEED TO ORDER OVER $499 US dollars

NOTE:

While you are browsing for your new tools remeber to take off 20%, so ATM the US price with 20% off means it is about equal to the AUS dollar.

I might get:

1" or 1.5" or 1.75" Multi-Use Comet Pump  

Edited by TrueBluePyro

OK, I got a reply from him and he says it is alright for anyone to buy.

more good news is that he has exstended the dead line a little longer, I should pay him a small deposit.

What will happen is you pick what you want and then tell ME what you want, then send me the money through payapl to me so I can, in the end pay him. The Box of tools will be sent to me, and I will then send them off to whomever bought them.

I'm not sure how much shipping will cost so when you sand me the money for the tools maybe send a little more then you need, I will be more then happy to give you your money back after it is all settled and the order is complete.

ok, really need to bump this.

So on this list so far I have:

Nick

1" comet pump

1.75" comet pump

1lb End Burner Rocket Tooling Set

Total - US$214

TBP

1.75" Multi-Use Comet Pump

1.75" Extraction Tube

Total - US$163

Total - US$337

NOTE: Those prices are with out the 20% off.

I will ask for a quote on the shipping, I want any other Aussie to take this chance now to have a good look at this site (www.firesmithtools.com) and think about buying something, this is a great offer and great tooling.

The things listed up there are not final, I am just trying to get my head around things.

Edited by TrueBluePyro

I have changed my order slightly.

1.75" multi use comet pump

1lb end burner

and maybe a

1lb core burner.

When you ask for a shipping quote, could you get 2 quotes.

The first one for the

1lb end burner

and second for

1lb end burner

1lb core burner.

Thanks.

P.S for anyone wandering about the Chinese order. I have emailed customs and they haven't replied (its been about a week). I will ring them on Monday, and hopefully I can be the Notify Party and the Consignee.

If they say yes, then it can FINALLY be sent out.

Sure, I will do that now...

...ok, i just asked him...waiting for reply...

I think it is reconmended that you buy a Extraction Tube with the pump, or it is way too hard to work with, deffenity at that size anyway...not sure it is up to you but i'm just thinking.

Sure, I will do that now...

...ok, i just asked him...waiting for reply...

I think it is reconmended that you buy a Extraction Tube with the pump, or it is way too hard to work with, deffenity at that size anyway...not sure it is up to you but i'm just thinking.

Yea, an extraction tube would mkae it alot easier, but at those prices $50 for a bit of aluminum.

If it is hard to get out, I will just put the pump under 2 pieces of wood (or steel) and then pump it out.

$50 is way to much.

Yeah fair enough, though I would like to have the ease of using something that was made for it and it just clicks in, kinda makes it alot easyer, if your making many kilos of comp or what ever...

You still hasvent told me your full order yet? and he said he would go to the post office on monday and get the best shipping prices I guess. Yes the 20% off deal is still on for you and I

I have changed my order slightly.

1lb end burner

and maybe a

1lb core burner.

The first one for the

1lb end burner

and second for

1lb end burner

1lb core burner.

Thanks.

Thats my order.