APC Forum

Hints and tips for Australians

mike_au

Police merely took down my name, which I think is a breach of my rights.

Technically you aren't required to provide your name unless you are being charged or are in control of a vehicle or firearm (and probably other things that require a license) however if someone else provides them with your name or they find out through other means (doing a search on your license plate and checking the owners license photo) they are quite entitled to make a record of it.

Notice I said "technically" you aren't required to, if you refuse it isn't hard to change the situation so that you are required to. If you can't show lawful means of support you can be charged with vagrancy. So you either whip out your bank statement and pay cheque (which have your name on them) or they arrest you (at which point you are legally required to give your name).

In 99.99% of cases it would be simpler to just give your name, odds are they will find it out anyway and it is probably not in your interest to be annoying.

We have no right to hide our identity in the USA. We are required to properly identify ourselves any time a law enforcement officer asks for our ID. It is also not legal to not carry an identification with us even if we do not drive.

We are in the midst of getting a new Supreme Court Judge and this particular ruling has come up in the questioning of General Kagen.

We have no right to hide our identity in the USA. We are required to properly identify ourselves any time a law enforcement officer asks for our ID. It is also not legal to not carry an identification with us even if we do not drive.

We are in the midst of getting a new Supreme Court Judge and this particular ruling has come up in the questioning of General Kagen.

so your saying if you live 2 min walk from the beach and you go in your bordies and a top (in Aus you are required by law to be wearing one not sure about in the US) and you dont have id you are breaking the law ?

so your saying if you live 2 min walk from the beach and you go in your bordies and a top (in Aus you are required by law to be wearing one not sure about in the US) and you dont have id you are breaking the law ?

Technically, that is correct. The law is not broken until the ID cannot be provided. In Arizona, it's even worse, you must be able to prove citizenship on the spot.

In Australia, I think you have 24 hours to show you ID or licence. I think it is like that even if your drving a car... Not sure, that's just what I thought. I carry mine while driving anyway.

You know, we may have the same law but you see the enforcement side while I was speaking to the technical side. I have only seen someone arrested with no ID when they try a bogus name and it doesn't pan out.

In Australia, I think you have 24 hours to show you ID or licence. I think it is like that even if your drving a car... Not sure, that's just what I thought. I carry mine while driving anyway.

I'm fairly sure (in WA at least) you aren't required to show ID if you are just walking around minding your own business, if you are driving you need to give your name on the spot and show ID at a police station within 24 hours. If you are carrying a firearm or ammunition you need to have your license and extract of license with you at all times.

In SA you have 48 hours if you are on your full drivers licence to bring it into a cop shop all probationary licences and learners permits and such must be carried at all times when "attempting to put a motor vehicle in motion" and if you have a learners permit your supervising driver must also have their license on them at all times.

I got pulled over in Florida and didn't have my license with me. The cop gave me a lecture about always carrying picture ID and threatened to lock me up and call the FBI to verify my identity, which could take days. After scaring the living shit out of me he let me go without a ticket.

I'm fairly sure (in WA at least) you aren't required to show ID if you are just walking around minding your own business, if you are driving you need to give your name on the spot and show ID at a police station within 24 hours. If you are carrying a firearm or ammunition you need to have your license and extract of license with you at all times.

The letter of the law and it's enforcement are separate and should not be confused, it is federal law that stipulates ID of it's citizens though it is up to each state to determine how they wish to enforce it and up to each cop to decide whether it is something they want to do a bunch of paperwork on.

• 2 months later...

If anyone in Perth wants some Mg PM me.

I've got some old magnesium anodes that I can't be bothered cleaning up. If you want to take them away they are yours.

• 3 months later...

Coles brand kitty litter works well.

But after switching to powdered bentonite (pottery store) mixed with grog (diverse hobbies) and paraffin wax (coles, near the cake decorating stuff) I wouldn't go back to the coarse stuff.

There are instructions floating around for how to mix them up, possibly on the skylighter site somewhere.

Edit: and I haven't seen it at Bunnings.

Edit2: or just by the premade nozzle/bulkhead mix from diverse hobbies

Edited by mike_au

I'll never go back to kitty litter after using some of the higher quality/finely powdered stuff diversehobbies sells. I really recommend it!

• 3 weeks later...

Any new Aussies lurking on this forum??

We really should do a pyro meet in Aus.. some time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Coles brand kitty litter works well.

But after switching to powdered bentonite (pottery store) mixed with grog (diverse hobbies) and paraffin wax (coles, near the cake decorating stuff) I wouldn't go back to the coarse stuff.

There are instructions floating around for how to mix them up, possibly on the skylighter site somewhere.

Edit: and I haven't seen it at Bunnings.

Edit2: or just by the premade nozzle/bulkhead mix from diverse hobbies

Skylighter Link for Grog Mix

I haven't had a rocket nozzle blow out using only bentonite clay. So will continue to use only that. The clay itself does enough to mark up your tooling. This mix will do 4X the damage. But it does what it sets out to do. It grips and bites pretty hard.

It really is a nice formula. But I'll be using it for everything but rockets.

hi all, im new and thought i might introduce myself here

firstly, i am a pyro-enthusiest , and also a chemistry enthuseist when it comes to making stink bombs and awsome exploding compounds.

the reason i like this thread and hence, this forum so much is because it introduced me to what i see as the only australian online pyrosuppliers in australia, though unfortunately they dont sell to darwin which is where i live.

my friend and i are both pyroenthusiests but are also shor on cash, so we make alot of money selling kno3-sugar-crystalized charcoal instantly exploding smoke bombs, as well as stink bombs, and other prank supplies.

my list of chemicals consists of

KnO3, KClO3,KCl, 50%H2O2, HNO3, H2SO4,Cu(oh), CuCl CuCO3, Cu2SO4, HMTD, charcoal, S , Al, Z, HN3NO3, HN3oh, HCl, HClO4, picric acid, KMNO4, MnO2, Dextrin, BaClO3, HN32S,H2S, H3, 5L-LN2, al3s2, PVC powder, I, NI3, potassium picrate, 300g Li, 500g LiNO3, 500g reacted lithium hypochlorite mixture (1 part LiClO3+ 2 parts LiCl), CaCl and finally Ca2C

if there is anyone here who lives in the northern territory and knows a site or supplier that supplies pyrotechnic chemicals, please let me know.