APC Forum

Hints and tips for Australians

mike_au

yes, its a dangerous good

I was going to get some thermalite from forbes, is it any good?

yes, its a dangerous good

I was going to get some thermalite from forbes, is it any good?

Yeah, it's fine, catches fire easy and burns hot enough to light most things. Also makes good quickmatch.

Yeah I just received my order of 1kg Al powder from Aldax today.

From the looks of it, it seems good.

You CAN get fuse in Australia, not legally though, but from what I have heard from other people they had no problems in getting over here.

I am still a bit weary of buying some, but I really need it cause black match makes you feel shit when you realized for like $10 you could of got like 15m of Visco Fuse.

Anyone got any good diagrams/instructions on making a visco fuse machine?

Would the iron powder from ALDAX be ok for use in stars? or would iron filings be better? where can you get iron filings from, I have seen it everywhere but never knew where to get it.

How long did that Al take to get there? I ordered some off Auspyro but the site appears to be down so I may claim a refund and just grab it from where you got it.

Depends where you live.

It only offers Sydney and Brisbane postage, (Around those areas) but you can get it posted to other places. It will just cost a bit extra. I believe Milky got it shipped to him and he's not in the Sydney and Brisbane metropolitan area. I personally got mine shipped to Brisbane and because my Dad was over there he just brought back with him. I believe it took a day or two to arrive to him.

Very quick. From the looks of it, it looks great. I definitely recommend it.

Also it gives you a good reason to have it. For cold casting for molding etc. Considering it is a molding company you are less likely to have people be suspicious of you.

Auspyro's Al looks good, but it's awfully strange that their website all of a sudden "died".

Does anyone know Auspyro email?

I want to send him an email because im getting worried, his site has been down for about 6 days.

I think that I will retract my payment.

On another note, how safe is using a ball mill? I have the mill's power controlled remotely, the paydirt wetted and the actual mill up in an unused shed in an acrylic box - what are the chances of the black powder actually exploding, not just catching fire? My containing isn't screw top so I figured that would make it safer.

I have a 100g batch of BP which I will be milling for 12 hours, I just don't want the neighbours to be awoken if they hear a large explosion.

EDIT: It's a 1.8kg capacity Lortone rock tumbler, it's loaded with 1.7kg, I hope that it won't burn out over the course of 12 hours.

what media?

Assuming its non sparking, you will be fine.

About 30 size 6 lead sinkers. Cool, thanks for the info.

Just had a talk with auspyro on MSN.

Name removed says:

yeah i have no idea what is going on with it, contacted the hosting company and they said it will be resolved shortly, and then no reply, but i don't think they work on weekends, but i've sent alot more emails, its really frustrating

He offered to ship my goods if I provided with with my paypal invoice which I will do.

Thank god he hasnt shut down, because I am doing a school assignment on making fireworks, and the teacher pays for the price of the things I buy to complete my assignment, so I can basically buy what I want and it dosent cost me a cent.

I need some Perch.

Thank god he hasnt shut down, because I am doing a school assignment on making fireworks, and the teacher pays for the price of the things I buy to complete my assignment, so I can basically buy what I want and it dosent cost me a cent.

I need some Perch.

He isn't selling it at the moment as he does not have a way of testing for residual chlorate - he is buying some dye now. What are you making?

So does he have any?

I have about 6lb's of Chinese perc atm, still deciding if I want to keep it all.

Apparently most commercial perchlorates contain chlorate anyway, trace amounts don't really affert the stability of anything you will make.

So does he have any?

I have about 6lb's of Chinese perc atm, still deciding if I want to keep it all.

Apparently most commercial perchlorates contain chlorate anyway, trace amounts don't really affert the stability of anything you will make.

Yes, he has a large 15L cell, he was telling me. I think the main thing is that he wants it to pass the Indigo Carmine test, so the product would only have VERY minute amounts or chlorate, in order to avoid kiddies hurting themselves when mixing with sulfur.

What are you making?

I MAY be making a multi-break shell out of bottle caps or just a 2" Can shell.

So basically something nice and simple.

Has anyone in Au made cremora pots? What fuels have you found that give a good price/effect ratio? (I believe the suitability of non-dairy creamer can vary quite a bit between brands, so I'm mostly interested in which aussie brands work well.)

Sweet, any news on how far away the perchlorate testing stuff is?