APC Forum

You know you're a Pyro when...

OneEyeCharlie

...when you annoy an enterprise with questions if it has cardboard tubes or paper to throw away

...when after tennis table session, you get all the broken ping pong balls to make laquer.

...when you listen to a good song, sometimes you imagine fireworks timed with it.

...when you like to scare your friends or familiy members with your totally black hands after pyro work.

when your seniors top is signed like this all about not blowing my self up and Nukes

Yeah....my senior yearbook looked like that also. It happens.

How about.... You know you're a pyro when even though you can't do pyro, you still find yourself lurking on this forum.

I see so many new names I wonder if anybody even remembers me anymore hehe....

...When your sister needs big onions to cook something delicious, you buy them, let them on the table and you wait her to cook, but she doesn't. You ask her why, you show her that you've bought the onions in the bag and she goes "Oh, I thought these were some of your aerial shells".

http://www.ibabuzz.com/allyoucaneat/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/onion2.gif

:D

Edited by 50AE

...When your sister needs big onions to cook something delicious, you buy them, let them on the table and you wait her to cook, but she doesn't. You ask her why, you show her that you've bought the onions in the bag and she goes "Oh, I thought these were some of your aerial shells".

http://www.ibabuzz.com/allyoucaneat/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/onion2.gif

:D

Hahaha! That's great! :lol:

Wow, that onion really does look like a very well pasted shell, wish i could paste that nice ]=

you see a cat litter bucket or other container and think "that'll hold my charcoal great!

you cant figure out where to put that last lb of parlon that you just bought

you work at a fireworks store and dont care about the low pay (me)

you make music videos out of small pyro vid clips

your girlfriend yells "damnit! can't you put your rocket shit or whatever it is somewhere other than the middle of the floor?!!"

you've had the fbi come to your house because someone called them when you haven't even lit any fireworks off in 2 months...

OMG that happened to you!!!!

..when your mother regularly complains about the sink she just cleaned, which is now tainted again.

O man i just got done taking with my mom about that!!

O man i just got done taking with my mom about that!!

OMG! True that man! I seem to never get the sink cleaned enough!

I have found a Mixture of 1/2 Acetone 1/2 Orange Ajax dish soap cleans any charcoal from the sink, If its realy stuck in there, add an ounce or two of bakeing soda.

Now if only i could get that Red gum out of my work bench! seems to have bleed through/ate the varnish on top....

If it can't be cleaned with Simple Green or Goop/Ajax/etc it won't come off. There is a special soap that takes lampblack off of the skin, but that is about the only exception.

Red Gum is used as a varnish in some cases, so chances are your bench is red for life.

Guys, don't dump acetone down the sink, it'll wreck the pipes, which are ABS plastic and PVC in all likelihood. It might not be environmentally friendly, but organic solvents like MEK or Acetone I typically dump into an outdoor container and let it all evaporate, or it can be burned.

As far as i know, my pipes are metal, And a little goes along way, Its not like dumping it right into the drain, I normaly let it sit for about five or ten minutes.

Sad that my bench will be red, but i think it has a certan charm now.

If it makes you feel any better my bench has a few large black splotches on it from chemical reactions gone awry. Oddly enough concentrated sulfuric acid and wood don't mesh well together.

• 2 weeks later...

You know you're a pyro when...

Only relative strangers ask why you've always got little burns & blisters on your hands and forearms.

As for acetone down the drain, there are potential environmental repercussions that could conceiveably result. Back in the early '90s, I worked for a top-end aerospace metals company down in LA. Cal EPA came out & tested our effluent. Just a routine thing they did to all industrial businesses. They found minute, trace quantities of acetone in it, and threatened to cite us unless we got it out of there. We were puzzled. The only acetone we used was for the occasional wipe & flash during surface prep. So we hired one, and then two, independant labs to look into it. A series of doubleblind tests confirmed the presence of acetone, and we were stumped as to where it was coming from. Just for the hell of it, we also had them test the LA city tap water. It had MORE acetone in it!

So, technically, it's illegal to put LA city water into the LA city drainage/sewer system!

You know your family is pyro, when your mother asks you to teach her the art of making canister shells :D

You know your family is pyro, when your mother asks you to teach her the art of making canister shells :D

HAHA, My cousins, old and younger, are the only ones who do that. But it is always fun to see their faces when they lanch a successful, firework that they created.

• 3 weeks later...
... you are often caught smelling your palms throughout the day because "they smell like black powder".

... this is your idea of a fruit salad:

:lol:

http://www.apcforum.net/forums/uploads/1250150951/gallery_9618_29_18969.jpg

• Like 1