APC Forum

You know you're a Pyro when...

OneEyeCharlie

... when you have black handprints all over yourself from squatting mosquitoes while you were making airfloat charcoal.

Hahaha, I can imagine this one.

Curious as I may be, some things aren't meant to be mixed. Like icecream and pizza, great seperate, but I can't imagine a pizza straight out of the oven with a few scoops of icecream on top tasting good.

I can. I'm so going to try this.

You know you're a pyro when...

...you get withdrawal symptoms unless you light something on fire every now and then

...you see a farmer buying KNO3, and think of the waste of good chemicals

...you sit around a bonfire, and think about how you could improve it with some chems

...the fire department refuses to come near if your house catches fire

...your friends don't make any assumptions about your current number of fingers

...you respond to great fireworks shows as other people respond to great rock concerts

• 8 months later...

I'm sorry but this is just one fuckin' funny thread! I needed the laugh tonight- thanks folks!

Another..in my case..

When you pick up more busted shell casings than pinecones in yer yard.

And you REALLY look before mowing the lawn... OUCH!

Edited by Richtee

• 1 month later...

...was a child and read supermarket leaflets before New Year`s Eve since they are tattered.

...have arguments with your family because of the black dust everywere.

...get black bogey in October.

...are shockwave addicted.

...see a willow an ask yourself how much charcoal would you get out of it.

...are not law-abiding

• 2 weeks later...

When friends call you to help them improve their 4th of july displays.

When the postman looks at you funny because he is delivering a box labeled "oxidizer" and when you open the door there is a box from UPS laying on the porch labeled " Cartridges-Small Arms ORM-D" (he just kinda laughed and said "Im sure some of this will end up at my BBQ this weekend!)

When your clothes reek of rotten eggs and you dont even like eggs

whenever you hear an explosion you know approx how many grams of flash that would have been equal to

• 3 months later...

... When you pass near a fruits and vegetables shop and the melons look to you like big aerial shells

... When you buy much lighters and match boxes and you can't find them in the right moment when you need them.

... When your parents or family members argue about the space you take from their house for your pyro workshop, you threaten them to not touch anything, because bad things can happen.

... When women in your house complain about nasty smells from smokes giving you headaches, while you don't smell anything and you tell them that it's not your fault, but from the neighbors.

When you are doing your first year of chemistry and know all properties of oxidizers and metal by heart with 'no apparent' reason.

you buy five lawn mowers a year. Three go over the 'duds' and are no more then you figure that the deck is mad out of Mg and you buy the next two for MgAl! And the grass is still 3' high!

"When you go into a building that requires safety glasses and you ask if you can keep them"

"When you see a wood pallet you check to see if its pure pine or heat treated"

"When your roommates are playing beer pong and all you want to do is make a torch from one of those ping pong balls"

"When you walk into the hardware store with card tube an proceed to slide it over every dowel"

"When you buy 5 pounds of rust!"

When you think making s'mores over a fire is such a waste of good wood...

If you have holes in your lawn that can't be explained by groundhogs....

If when you go to a fireworks display, you can't help but tell everyone what effect is happening(Peony, palm, brocade, etc)....

The dog starts freaking out whenever it sees you running away from a lit fuse....

You have little white and purple spots in your eyes for several hours...

"When people at school know you as "The guy who makes bombs" even though you tell them you make fireworks"

"The neighbors dog starts barking even before you light anything"

...When the chef at school asks you to make him cake sparklers

...When the Neighbors start a firework war, and you finish it. ( true, i'll let it go on for about a hour, then i'll take out the big guns, 'an show 'em who's boss)

...When you have your next store neighbor cover there pool in the middle of summer... to prevent it from filling with rockets and shell fragments

...When the cops down the street tas what you did off last night, and offer to pay for sevral dozen of them.

...when you make a saftey video on why not to hold "Insert item here" in your hand sor the same officers.

..when you see kids playing with ground bloomers, you run to your car to get somthing bigger.

...when you show your local fireworks stand a cheaper place to buy fireworks.

... When you make plans to be buried in a hemi as a coffin.

...when your teachers ask you after the weekend what did you blow up now.

... When you post in this topic.

When you are a Visco sniffer.

During the cold winter days, I often go out to the garage and light a piece of Visco, just for the smell.

My wife gets mad when I light it in the house.

When you go out to dinner, and everyone is so used to you having soot/charcoal on your face/arms, they forget to tell you to wipe it off.

When your 5'oclock shadow is composed mostly of charcoal.

when you put both your phyiscs and chemisty teachers to shame.

When you start to convert recipes to grams ( i go to a tech school for culinary, so yah, its happened)

When every paper you have written is about pyrotechnics in some form or another.

when most kids in school stay away from you, for apparent reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
...when someone tells you that he'll do a camp fire, you ask him if you can come with your charcoal retort. :P

...when someone tells you that he'll do a camp fire, you ask him if you can come with your charcoal retort. :P

Bwaaaahaha!! I did that this summer, my friends thought I was crazy and told me it would explode. I explained to them that it would be fine and dropped a #10 can with BP and creamora on the ground about 50' away and lit it off. The laughed so hard, tears ran down their legs! :lol:

When you have to stop yourself from labeling the clear Tupperware container you're putting dinner's leftovers in.

...when telling someone that they're k3wl is meant as an insult.

• 2 weeks later...
When you've made a rocket out of chocolate :P . I did.

Wow, talk about being Cuckoo for Coco. :lol:

Hmm, that be nice , a Nestle fueled rocket...

I see that you do not wear it much, there are no charcoal stains!!!

:P

I'll give you a few weeks to "bless it"

havent worn it since the day and wont wear it ever

p.s. sorry removed the other pic of the front as it gave away to much personal info )