APC Forum

You know you're a Pyro when...

OneEyeCharlie

I'll give you a few starters. Yarrrrgh

... You're in the market produce section, spy an empty cardboard tube that plastic bags are spooled around, and think "Sayyyyy, that would make a great stinger!"

... Your wife checks with you before throwing away any container or tube

... You're caught driving in a blizzard and the only thing you can think of is how much it reminds you of D1 glitter

• Like 1

.....When friends see you running away from something, they drop everything and run away too without asking questions.

......when a delivery person drop a package on your doorstep and runs away without waiting for a signature, presumably due to the warning labels.

....... when your housemates/neighbors tell you in a serious manner that they thought that an earthquake was you testing something out back.

• Like 3

... When you get scared when you hear sirens after you test something in your backyard.
  • Like 2

... when the guy who delivers your packages, asks if you've ordered stones.

(mine did, it was 15kgs perch. I said "yeah, sort of.. Thanks." xD)

... when you draw shell pattern designs in your math-book. (oops, I was dreaming)

... when you mumble 'nice four inch rounds' while looking at your girlfriend.

• Like 2

....When you draw canister shells, and ball shells on your French book... The way you are going to organise the stars in the shell for the effect...

you see a cat litter bucket or other container and think "that'll hold my charcoal great!

you cant figure out where to put that last lb of parlon that you just bought

you work at a fireworks store and dont care about the low pay (me)

you make music videos out of small pyro vid clips

your girlfriend yells "damnit! can't you put your rocket shit or whatever it is somewhere other than the middle of the floor?!!"

you've had the fbi come to your house because someone called them when you haven't even lit any fireworks off in 2 months...

... when you mumble 'nice four inch rounds' while looking at your girlfriend.

Funny stuff.

When you go to the library looking for pyro and chemistry related books.

When you take high offense to people saying," yeah he makes bombsl."

When you spend all your money on KCLo4, KNO3, Al, Mg, MGAL, shells, fuse, tubes and food.

When you find a note in your mailbox left by accident - from one mail carrier to another, saying "at <your address>, leave ORM-D boxes in the shed, not on the porch, if no one is home"

...when you don't like police officers and you try avoiding them.

...when you hate laws banning fireworks

...when you share info about your hobby with trusted persons only

...when you don't like to be bothered while making a pyro device.

• Like 1

You know guys, the idea of these type of jokes is to not use common sense, and be some what comical.

Bad example:

You know you're a guy when.................you have a dick. Well no shit.

Good Example:

You know you're too drunk when...........Senators Kennedy and Packwood shake their heads when they walk past you

• Like 2

You know you're too drunk when...........Senators Kennedy and Packwood shake their heads when they walk past you

Bravo! (Followed by a polite golf clap.)

Packwood reference was the clincher.

.....When at a firework display, you try to estimate the shell size, and know what kind of shell it is (C6, TT, Colorchange...)

This one may not be funny, but it sure is true for me.

When loud noises (ie, explosions) don't startle you nearly as much as your friends.

• Like 1

You know you're a pyro when you don't go past a fertilizer bag without checking the ingredients.

You know you're a pyro when your gf asks what non-pyro related things you have been doing lately.

You know you're a pyro when you spend more time on apc then doing anything else, including sleeping (Me)

You know your a pyro when you dream about fireworks.

You know you're a pyro when you ask your mom if where were going on vacation has fireworks.

You know you're a pyro when you spend more time on apc then doing anything else, including sleeping (Me)
Better start making some fireworks! :D
  .....When at a firework display, you try to estimate the shell size, and know what kind of shell it is (C6, TT, Colorchange...)
Lol, so true!

You know you're a pyro when ...

... your friend asks for the vodka, and you answer: 'in the chemicals cabinet, next to the acetone..'

... salt makes you think of yellow and pepper makes you think of round stars.

.... When as soon as you see the mark on a bag of somthing (fertilizer etc...) the oxidiser sign, and you just cant resist to see what it is...

...you think commercial fireworks sound like farts.

...one asks you every day if you have build another bomb again.

...trie to explain the guy above foreworks are not bombs.

...you correct your chemistry teacher when he says copper always produces a green colored flame.

...people avoid you when you carry an ammo box (containing 56V ignition system).

...anyone wants to celebrate NYE at your place.

...like thunderstorms because they remind you of salutes.

...are constantly thinking about how to make an even better blue star composition.

...have a shed full of chemicals of which you know exactly where you got them, when and what you planned to do with them.

...know all chemical formula's of chemicals frequently used chemicals in pyro.

...hang around here.

...spend more money on pyro than drinking beer.

Hmm, I'm getting tired...

Edit:

I just forgot the most important one:

...are fascinated by fire since the first time you saw it.

When you wife asks you if the Tupperware with the guacamole residue in the bottom will explode if she washes it with bleach dishwasher detergent.

(is this more what you had in mind Mumbles?)

• Like 1

....When your friend, who lives half a mile away, calls to see if you're ok.

....When you look, every day on your way home from work, to make sure there is not a pillar of fire in the direction of your house.

....When you've talked your wife into working a few nights a week so you can play without interruption.

When you're constantly reminded how much fun the hobby you were forced out of a year ago was by every-day things like willow trees, kitty litter, cardboard tubes, the smell of pre-heating an oven and the price of corn flour and ethanol.

I miss it. :(

Many great ones, got a laugh out of this in particular "... You're caught driving in a blizzard and the only thing you can think of is how much it reminds you of D1 glitter"

You know you're a pyro when...

...you drop something heavy on the floor, and the neighbours think you've just blown yourself up.

...you have more kitchen utensils in the lab than the kitchen

...you stop smoking not because of the health effects, but because of the fire hazard.

...you see a bottle of vodka and think "solvent" before "drink"

...people see a big cloud of smoke they think "oh, it's that guy again" rather than "omg, fire!"

...you have a sign that says "in the event of a fire, throw these buckets out the window"

...you occasionally use your oxidizers as fertilizer/weed killer, rather than the other way around

...you're one of the best customers at the ceramics supply and gardening stores, despite never having done any pottery or gardening.

...you research what the different chemicals are actually used for, so that you can make up believable stories to tell the shopkeepers.

...you think sulfur dioxide would make a good fragrance for a deodorant