APC Forum

Some Tooling

dagabu

Helo someone can help? can`t find a biger than 1lb bp rocket tools dimensions

Go to http://www.flashnet.dk/rts/ and you will generate any size tooling you want automatically. Click the "Save as a JPEG" button on the bottom right and you can print it out.

-dag

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dagabu

• guntoteninfadel

• NightHawkInLight

• Algenco

One issue with the RTS is that it doesn't take into account the odd standards many have taken to accept in certain sizes. It uses general proportions and applies it to every size of rocket. This is just something to keep in mind if you're looking to purchase commercial tubes. The no pass lines may no longer be accurate. As I think about it, I believe only the 3lb size (1") has the "standard" 10x ID length once you exceed 1lb.

One issue with the RTS is that it doesn't take into account the odd standards many have taken to accept in certain sizes. It uses general proportions and applies it to every size of rocket. This is just something to keep in mind if you're looking to purchase commercial tubes. The no pass lines may no longer be accurate. As I think about it, I believe only the 3lb size (1") has the "standard" 10x ID length once you exceed 1lb.

Good point Mum, I actually make the tooling with out pass lines and then dry fit them, mark the lines and then turn them with go/no go lines.

-dag

sorry to get back to the tools here but I did want to mention how much I like the tools Dag is making too. I have his Farfalle tooling and it is really easy to use and has made making them a whole lot easier and faster. The fit and finish is pretty darn nice, especially since parts are just made of whatever plastic he uses. All of it has stood up to use well too which speaks to the quality of the base materials chosen.

Just wanted to give credit where it is due. :)

BTW, the Farfalle tooling even came in special Holiday packaging which really added to the enjoyment.

edit: also thanks for the Monocopter tutorial. Those look like a lot of fun.

Edited by warthog

Hey all, I just wanted to share some of my projects with you all that I have been working on. These are all 100% my creation, all of them are cut from stock with no CNC or special tooling, just a calipers, file, sand paper and a lathe.

Enjoy ;)

3# Universal Rocket Tooling brass spindle (mounted on Firesmith Base). My baby :)

A 1 pound Universal Rocket Tooling set (making it for someone here, just the base is left).

8 oz. Universal Rocket Tooling set, all ready to go!

A 1/2" Endburner spindle ready to be polished.

A 1/2" ID all brass canon that I am working on for the 4th of July.

heres my new custom spindle a BS product naval brass

post-10235-0-29432600-1332928040_thumb.jpg

Edited by allrocketspsl