APC Forum

Free Money! (Ok, free Aluminum, same thing)

TheSidewinder

Seeing as I was lucky enough to be chosen to try this stuff out I figured that I should get my butt over to Star's store and buy some also....and I was struck speechless...he's offering free shipping for a limited time :)

Figured I'd share the news!

Free shipping, w00t!

I had to order again, because the web site was apparently set on "test mode" when I ordered last week. I had a call about it from an embarrassed Star this morning.

Still a couple of bugs on the checkout. First, if you check the box "same shipping address" and leave the shipping address blank, it won't have it - it insists on having a shipping address as well and highlights this as an error. If you then correct it by filling out the shipping address, the "confirm" button won't work a second time. You have to go back to the cart and then check out again, re-entering all the info. A careless typist could be stuck in that loop for some time.

so how does this stuff perform??? I thought the eckart was good!!!

Check the video in the first post of this topic.

The second pile of Al powder that was lit is the Star Molecule product.

Ok, we are on the pickup rotation daily now, so orders go out tomorrow, and from now on the same or next day.

We're trying to put everything out tomorrow and then have everything scheduled thereafter for order cutoff, package, ship.

We were hoping to have the induction cap sealer today, but it didn't arrive. I would prefer the samples go out with that process in place. There is nothing preventing the samples from going out tomorrow, but the sealer would be a nice plus.

Have the samples gone out yet Star?

Video? Nice.

Will I be able to get a T-shirt so that my video has proper representation of your product? ;)

Will I be able to get a T-shirt so that my video has proper representation of your product? ;)

I think this means "no, not right now" but perhaps they can scrounge a T-shirt after all...

Ugh, the t-shirt test prints were not good. We are still working on those, we LOVE those. The digital prints did not pop like we wanted, so we are sourcing four color process as we know those will look amazing.

Just make sure whatever shirt is presented is a great one, otherways nobody wants to see it ;- )

B!

Roger that.

Just make sure whatever shirt is presented is a great one, otherways nobody wants to see it ;- )

B!

Well, lookee here. Just in time for Winter Blast.

This is the meanest, blackest aluminum I've ever seen. It looks like airfloat charcoal, and when I cracked open the bag to take a closer look, a puff of pure darkness came out. I can't wait to try it.

post-10245-0-79427400-1297716448_thumb.jpg

We're pretty confident you'll enjoy it :D

Well, lookee here. Just in time for Winter Blast.

This is the meanest, blackest aluminum I've ever seen. It looks like airfloat charcoal, and when I cracked open the bag to take a closer look, a puff of pure darkness came out. I can't wait to try it.

To those of you adding feedback, or letting us know about little errors (labeling, grammatical, etc) thank you, we appreciate the assistance.

Just caught up the reading here Star, have some big plans in place and some experts willing to give me a hand in testing. I'm not sure if I can still get my hands on the high-speed camera I wanted to use (window my be closed) but Dag was on the right line with video of product testing. I have quite a few types of Al and from companies that slap'd their stickers on cans of generic Al- will be great to use your product as the control from which to measure all others.

Regards,

That would be great, thank you for any feedback that you can provide. This is assuring to us because we have not slapped a label on a generic powder, so we are well pleased to hear that these are the type of companies we are being compared to.

Just caught up the reading here Star, have some big plans in place and some experts willing to give me a hand in testing. I'm not sure if I can still get my hands on the high-speed camera I wanted to use (window my be closed) but Dag was on the right line with video of product testing. I have quite a few types of Al and from companies that slap'd their stickers on cans of generic Al- will be great to use your product as the control from which to measure all others.

Regards,

Advice based on recent experience: put on rubber gloves before you open the package, then take them off and throw them away after before you touch anything else. Handle this stuff with great care, or it will get away from you. It may be powder, but it flows like liquid and coats objects like paint. Now I know what King Midas went through - everything I touched turned to aluminum.

'Peret the Gray'

Advice based on recent experience: put on rubber gloves before you open the package, then take them off and throw them away after before you touch anything else. Handle this stuff with great care, or it will get away from you. It may be powder, but it flows like liquid and coats objects like paint. Now I know what King Midas went through - everything I touched turned to aluminum.

'Peret the Gray'

LOL..............:whistle:

I counted types and meshes of aluminum powders I have enough of to test and decided to make 1# Fuse Powder Universal Hybrid rockets with 10% of aluminum of all types. My count thus far is 17 different aluminum's that I can test not counting *Star*.

My plan is to do a nighttime launch with a 10 gram report on top to show the end of flight. All fuel and nozzle material will be weighed out so that there will be no deviation. I have a 12V press that will duplicate the same force all day long.

All rockets will be videoed and edited, placed online for everyone's view and will then be judged by us all. Light output, sound, speed of flight, tail will all be part of the judgment.

As they say in my sisters church in Brooklyn, "Can I have an Hallelujah?"

Guys, the samples were sent out a few days back I believe. We apologize, but its out of our control at this point, we are at the mercy of the carrier now.

Hope this has not inconvenienced anyone.

And somebody else too.....:whistle: